PDA

View Full Version : The good old days

tom_higginson
11th Sep 2002, 15:57
Hoping that the airline industry will get back to how it was, I was wondering how easy it was to get a job pre 9/11.

Also do you think it is unwise to get into the industry right now?

TH

big pistons forever
11th Sep 2002, 23:06
The good old days were when flying was dangerous and sex was safe ;) Those days have not existed for quite awhile. for what it is worth everyone I know who truely wanted to make their living flying eventually did OK. It was a slow and painfull process for many ( including me ) , but if you truely love flying start now , take any work you can get, keep a positive attitude, have the courage of your convictions to resist pressure to be unsafe, and hang in there. If you think you would look cool in a pilots uniform and make lots of money whle not working very hard, pick another line of work.

OzExpat
12th Sep 2002, 08:13
I sincerely doubt that there is any such thing as a good time to join the aviation industry. Take note of the post by bpf but also keep in mind that its a very competitive industry. You HAVE to be a better pilot than the next bloke/blokess to get that first decent job - and then to retain it!

Strive to meet the highest standards of knowledge, skill and professionalism. Without all of that, you'll just be left behind by everyone else. The industry does, eventually weed out all those whose standards are lower.