PDA

View Full Version : Comair IR

VORTIME
9th Sep 2002, 21:12
Read this from their website:

Now you can obtain a European Pilot License in sunny Orlando, Florida, saving you time and money! Comair Aviation Academy has developed a JAA Approved Program that has your future in mind! Whether you undertake a module at a time or attend our full-time JAA Professional Pilot Program, Comair has a flexible course to meet your needs!

- why do I think you can't complete the Instrument Rating outside the EU? Otherwise NAC etc would be offering it surely?

p.s. Comair, don't put too much effort answering calls properly, you might strain yourself :(

GoneWest
10th Sep 2002, 18:51
VOR...you are right insomuch as you cannot COMPLETE a JAA I/R outside the relevant airspace - but Comair can give you a very professional start towards it (and save you some money in the process).

Comair are teamed up with - I think - one of the schools at Coventry to finish off your training in the UK.

Comair have the JAA rated staff to do this - NAC don't (yet!!)

It's not a scam - Flight Safety started it, Pan Am did it, Air Safety did it, West Michigan still do it - and the unmentionable school on Florida East Coast still does it...as does EFT @ Ft. Pierce, Florida.

Now - despite what any school advertises - you should allow at least 15 hours (maybe 20) of the 55 required to finish flight training in the UK.

Do the math - you can do some 35 to 40 hours here in Florida - does it save you enough time and money to justify the tran-Atlantic flight and accommodation.................your call.

NotAnotherUsername
10th Sep 2002, 19:05
Or else just go do a US or Canadian or SA or Australian IR and then do the 15 hour conversion. Probably works out cheaper (I saw a Canadian IR for ~£2500 in a twin!) and you get more hours.

Oxford are advertising the conversion for something like £5500, so you'll probably get it for £4k somewhere else!