PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 172 to Piper Warrior

Daz7
8th Sep 2002, 17:23
Dear all

Have had a PPL for almost a year. Trained on a C-152 in the states and then joined Stapleford Flying Club on return to the UK and done checkride on a C-172.

I would like to know how the C-172 compares to a Warrior as there are more Warriors at Stapleford. Which can take the highest payload ? Full fuel means only pilot and 2 passengers in the C-172, is the Warrior the same ?

Is the Warrior any faster ?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Regards

Genghis the Engineer
8th Sep 2002, 18:18
Load carrying capacity is pretty similar, personally I find (with the exception of the standard awful PA28 fuel system) that the ergonomics, comfort and view-out of the Warrior are far better.

Biggest drawback is that PA28s float forever, so you'll find yourself less able to use short runways than you can with a C172.

G

foghorn
8th Sep 2002, 20:04
I echo Genghis' sentiments, only to add that you'll find flying a PA28 easier than a C172.

It requires much less rudder input both to counteract adverse yaw and to balance an established turn. It also really flatters your landing technique: the thing virtually lands itself. Stalls are also an incredibly boring affair in a PA28 - the aircraft never seems to properly stall: it just mushes downwards wobbling in and out of the stall at about 1,000fpm. Really quite dull ;) No wonder it's such a popular trainer.

Cheers
foggy.