PDA

View Full Version : pay to apply at Ryanair under threat

pilotofjet
6th Sep 2002, 16:25
The scheme at Ryanair whereby potential applicants have to pay £50 to submit a C.V. could be over. An advertisement through a recruitment consultancy in this weeks Flight International is for DE Captains at Ryanair. If Ryanair are having to outsource their recruitment, it can only mean they are not getting enough applicants through their in house scheme. Salaries being offered throught the consultancy are being offered in Euros at about 16000 per month.(Ie about £10000 per month). Could this be the start of a shortage of 737 rated pilots or is it a reaction to Ryanairs charging mechanism?

Smokie
6th Sep 2002, 20:43
TEN GRAND A MONTH ! SERIOUSLY?:confused:

CaptainProp
6th Sep 2002, 21:06
:D :D :D At least someone makes money in aviation!!!

Maxfli
7th Sep 2002, 00:15
Subject to sim check - 6 / 12 /18 month contracts available.
Got to be able to move from base to base ( Stan / Charl / Hahn)
Capt €134 per block hour
F/O € 85 per block hour

Tax ? Nat Ins ? you're on your own.

Licence renewal or IR renewal ? You're on your own though they will renew your IR for £1500.

Job hunters - I suggest you to carefully judge the merits of investing £50 on the credit card scam.

Jet Man
7th Sep 2002, 10:31
85 Euros = approx £55 per block hour
90 hours per month = approx £5000 per month
After tax and NI about £3000?

Not very attractive is it!

pilotofjet
7th Sep 2002, 14:53
I am led to believe that the salary is paid without making any contribution to NI or tax and that these matters are left to the individual. If one was to take a base outside of the UK, one might be able to work tax free.

Nightrider
7th Sep 2002, 18:01
Jet Man...read your posting again and think a little bit. You are talking about a First Officers salary and your calculation shows a net income which in the present situation is not even available as a gross salary to a lot of Captains.

I am not disputing that a good salary may have to include other perks as well, but your words may make others very angry, and I certainly understand them!

wwIIace
7th Sep 2002, 22:09
come on, who is the agency people need to contact?

Wing Commander Fowler
8th Sep 2002, 09:37
I'm hoping everyone thinks carefully about this lot vis a vis the hidden costs...... Accomodation is your own problem - which of course is the case for most of us anyhow but here you are likely to be moving around quite a bit (OK if you have a very fast caravan). Divide the cost of your LPC over the period and you're down a further £120 odd per month. Believe the cost of travelling to/from base might be your problem, medicals - your problem, loss of licence, pension contributions, cabs to/from airport, phone calls home etc etc etc........

My advice - you wanna work for the Ryans - go direct and at least get some of the benefits of working for the organisation.

Oh and It's Storm for those who are interested.....

Oh and be sure you get a guaranteed minimum on the flying hours since if I were in Crewing at Ryanair I'd be pushing the Full time guys as opposed to the contractors - this being simple economics (rhymes almost with comics).

Good luck to all in the boat anyhow! ;)

lost soul
8th Sep 2002, 12:21
How about a web link for Storm so we can evaluate it for ourselves?

Jet Man
8th Sep 2002, 13:12
Didn't intend to anger anyone!

I guess the £3000 pm is relative.

Ryanair state that they are looking for type rated pilots with more than 300 hours on type on their website. If you compare this £3000 pm against the two other low cost carriers (now one!) you will find that flying the same hours you will earn the same (with extra benefits!). Not sure about BMI baby??

It seems that even Ryanair pay their permanent pilots more and they are offering this for short to medium term contracts.

There might be quite a few peolpe earning less than this but I think you have to compare apples with apples.

Cheshire cat EGHH
9th Sep 2002, 12:46
Maybe they now realise that they've actually lost of their custom, because I know of about 5+ people who've stoped flying with them!!!