PDA

View Full Version : New Vuichard auto !!! Revolutionary !!

nigelh
23rd Apr 2024, 21:18
I see Vuichard not only has a revolutionary way to get out of vortex … he now has groundbreaking technique for autos . You hold a less severe flair until you slow down then you forward cyclic and raise collective . Absolute Genius !!!!!
Totally different to what us morons have been doing for ( 45 yrs in my case ) years !!!

212man
23rd Apr 2024, 22:37
I see Vuichard not only has a revolutionary way to get out of vortex … he now has groundbreaking technique for autos . You hold a less severe flair until you slow down then you forward cyclic and raise collective . Absolute Genius !!!!!
Totally different to what us morons have been doing for ( 45 yrs in my case ) years !!!

it’s fake news without a video ! 😂

206Fan
23rd Apr 2024, 23:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUE7LKx4yUI

Robbiee
24th Apr 2024, 04:16
Umm,..is April Fools Day on a different day in the UK than in the States?

Ovc000
24th Apr 2024, 04:43
it's even on his insta :rolleyes:
I think he's going to put "Vuichard Technique" on every flight exercise :8

Ascend Charlie
24th Apr 2024, 05:30
Had quite a bit of coning there at the end. Test out those Robbie hinges.

nikoel
24th Apr 2024, 05:58
The technique from what I can see in the cockpit revolves around pre-loading the disk. This means that you do not need to flare as much and in theory would help with "ground rush" and slowing down of the flare, giving pilot the ability to react better. Our ol' boy got his chest so puffed up from his Vortex Ring State recovery technique he now has to claim this vanilla af autoration as his own

We have been pre-loading for decades without having the need to plaster our names on these techniques. Wait til he discovers that you can Autorotate 5-10Kt above the recommended speed and slow the sink rate by pre-flaring raising the rotor RPM and then combining it with this "new revolutionary technique" to put the flare into super slow motion. Quickly becoming Kanye West of the rotary world; looking forward to the new revolutionary technique to getting in and out of the cockpit next. Do we know if there is there a Vuichard recovery technique of getting your head out of your ass; asking for a Swiss friend

Lala Steady
24th Apr 2024, 06:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUE7LKx4yUI

Take a look at the windsock in that video - he's got 15 to 20 kts through the disc, of course it is a slow motion EOL.

He is an absolute chancer.

serf
24th Apr 2024, 09:53
Looks like a fairly standard variable flare auto on a windy day.

212man
24th Apr 2024, 10:01
Take a look at the windsock in that video - he's got 15 to 20 kts through the disc, of course it is a slow motion EOL.

He is an absolute chancer.
I hate to sound like a stuck record, but - travelling snake oil salesman!

Rotorbee
24th Apr 2024, 10:49
travelling snake oil salesman
You can't imagine how on the point you are.

That autorotation is just that. An autorotation. Nothing revolutionary here. We have all done them like that at one point or another.

The French Aviation Research institute has won a contract to test the viability of the Vuichard thing. That is the first time this manoeuvre is tested in a controlled way.
They did some tests on VRS in the early 2000's and in the published paper you see the flapping amplitude is erratic and about double that of the normal flight regime on a three-bladed helicopter. Might be more on a two-bladed.
Now when you push the stick forward, the blades lift in the back. When you go sideways, the blades are much closer to the tail boom and the tail boom is coming towards the disk, due to the horizontal stabiliser and because you are going straight down. And with the CG forward with two blokes in front, one has the nose hanging down anyway. I am really not comfortable with this idea.
There was that accident in Texas(?) where two people died during a training flight that AFAIK was scheduled to be a VRS training. If the NTSB finds evidence that the Vuichard thing was responsible for that and the French can show that one should not do that, Vuichard, Robinson and Tim Tucker will be in a world of hurt. Imagine, Robinson teaches a manoeuvre that wasn't cleared in a controlled flight test environment. Boy the lawyers will dive on them like vultures on a carcass.

albatross
24th Apr 2024, 12:59
Gee….a run on auto….never seen that before!

212man
24th Apr 2024, 14:03
The French Aviation Research institute has won a contract to test the viability of the Vuichard thing
I think the ITT document was on the EASA website a year or so ago. A figure of 275K Euros comes to mind, as the contract value......

Lonewolf_50
25th Apr 2024, 12:41
Wait til he discovers that you can Autorotate 5-10Kt above the recommended speed and slow the sink rate by pre-flaring raising the rotor RPM and then combining it with this "new revolutionary technique" to put the flare into super slow motion. Seems a bit like the max range auto technique we practiced in the Blackhawk...which was intended to result in a landing with some forward speed still on.
There was that accident in Texas(?) where two people died during a training flight that AFAIK was scheduled to be a VRS training. If the NTSB finds evidence that the Vuichard thing was responsible for that and the French can show that one should not do that, Vuichard, Robinson and Tim Tucker will be in a world of hurt. Imagine, Robinson teaches a manoeuvre that wasn't cleared in a controlled flight test environment. Boy the lawyers will dive on them like vultures on a carcass. How long ago was that accident?

Bomber ARIS
26th Apr 2024, 01:17
Bell 429 in 2022

Probable Cause: The pilots’ inappropriate flight control inputs while in vortex ring state, which resulted in main rotor blade contact with the tail boom and a subsequent in-flight breakup. Also causal was the flight instructor’s inadequate monitoring of the flight.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/277677

SLFMS
29th Apr 2024, 09:17
Breaking news, new landing technique developed by Liechtenstein Pilot Wuichard.
Experts have said it will revolutionise aviation, the technique has been patented and named after said pilot.

https://youtu.be/fEunxxsJiFQ?si=9NRqxyInwNjnuFRp

I couldn’t help myself sorry if you’re watching Wuichard it’s just a bit of banter.