PDA

View Full Version : Question About CX DEFO

TPQ0016
22nd Apr 2024, 01:27
Excuse me, is Cathay Pacific' company environment friendly to pilots in mainland China? Can pilots in mainland China enter the company through defo?

Gnadenburg
22nd Apr 2024, 06:39
I believe CX SOP’s still require the WX Radar to be on for the entirety of the flight. This may, but hasn’t as yet, be adjusted to allay the fears mainland pilots have of industrial cancers.

So CX has a bit of work to do, to be more inclusive of Mainland Chinese pilots.

dt354nds
23rd Apr 2024, 08:54
Hello,
My question is about CX DEFO final assessment ( sim & interview ) June 2024 in Hong Kong.
I recently got a invite for sim assessment and interview with CX for DEFO position. Just wondering if you could share some info about sim assessment, and interviews. feel free to send me a private message or reply this message. any tips/advice would be great.

Could anyone recently ( January, Feb, March or April ) completed the assessment confirm
- is the sim check carried out on a 777 sim.
- Day 1 is sim check only, if pass the sim check, day 2 would be panel interview, document check, medical, and English test.

swh
27th Apr 2024, 16:39
Hello,
My question is about CX DEFO final assessment ( sim & interview ) June 2024 in Hong Kong.
I recently got a invite for sim assessment and interview with CX for DEFO position. Just wondering if you could share some info about sim assessment, and interviews. feel free to send me a private message or reply this message. any tips/advice would be great.

Could anyone recently ( January, Feb, March or April ) completed the assessment confirm
- is the sim check carried out on a 777 sim.
- Day 1 is sim check only, if pass the sim check, day 2 would be panel interview, document check, medical, and English test.

The A330 sim is used a lot for recruitment at the moment,

The sim detail is a very complicated. IFR, takeoff, climb straight ahead, level off, fly downwind, fly base, fly and ILS, and land. The standards are very high, could you believe they want you to maintain the centerline on takeoff and landing, maintain the assigned track on climb and downwind. Maintain the altitude on downwind and base, fly the ILS within normal tolerances, and land on the runway, not the grass on the side. No extra credit given for demonstrating a spiral dive during turns.

Dragon Pacific
28th Apr 2024, 01:10
Good summary swh. I’d just add to try and keep the bank 25 degrees or less all the way round, the 60 degree bank localiser intercept is fancy but as you say the spiral dive isn’t appreciated for some reason.

BuzzBox
28th Apr 2024, 05:42
The sim detail is a very complicated. IFR, takeoff, climb straight ahead, level off, fly downwind, fly base, fly and ILS, and land.

Crikey, is that really all they do nowadays? Back in the day, DEFO candidates were also required to fly a missed approach from the minima, followed by a second approach with one engine inop after an engine fire. Candidates didn’t need to know the aircraft-specific emergency procedures, but they were expected to demonstrate basic crew coordination and the ability to fly an accurate approach with one engine inop. How times change…

Gnadenburg
28th Apr 2024, 06:15
For the tech interview and to ensure cultural differences don’t come into play, what would determine the best alternate in CX is based on operational factors, not what alternate has the best allowances or meal chits.

main_dog
29th Apr 2024, 01:28
Crikey, is that really all they do nowadays? Back in the day, DEFO candidates were also required to fly a missed approach from the minima, followed by a second approach with one engine inop after an engine fire. Candidates didn’t need to know the aircraft-specific emergency procedures, but they were expected to demonstrate basic crew coordination and the ability to fly an accurate approach with one engine inop. How times change…

And that was on the steam-gauge instrument 747-200 sim!

Oddball77
29th Apr 2024, 04:30
The A330 sim is used a lot for recruitment at the moment,

The sim detail is a very complicated. IFR, takeoff, climb straight ahead, level off, fly downwind, fly base, fly and ILS, and land. The standards are very high, could you believe they want you to maintain the centerline on takeoff and landing, maintain the assigned track on climb and downwind. Maintain the altitude on downwind and base, fly the ILS within normal tolerances, and land on the runway, not the grass on the side. No extra credit given for demonstrating a spiral dive during turns.
Are you allowed to use 'the bird' during the sim session?

BuzzBox
29th Apr 2024, 07:53
Are you allowed to use 'the bird' during the sim session?

How about "Attitude + power = performance"?

swh
29th Apr 2024, 09:45

I think I need to do a learners world module on delivering sarcasm, obviously it’s not up to scratch.

BuzzBox
29th Apr 2024, 09:51
And that was on the steam-gauge instrument 747-200 sim!

And the equally steam driven Tri-Motor before that!

BuzzBox
29th Apr 2024, 09:55
I think I need to do a learners world module on delivering sarcasm, obviously it’s not up to scratch.

Nah, it was fine. I was just having a dig (not at you)…