View Full Version : BAE146/RJ Family Abnormal/Emergency procedures?

Rhinozherous
20th Apr 2024, 14:55
Hello!
Is anyone aware of a source for the Abnormal and Emergency part of the FCOM for the BAE146? Or can anyone send me them as PDF? I want to use them in flightsim and dont want to share them any further, if this is important!
If so, please PM me.
Thank you!

AerocatS2A
21st Apr 2024, 01:02
I have one for the RJ100 but not the 146. There’s some crossover but they’re not the same.

AerocatS2A
21st Apr 2024, 04:27
Link to PDF sent by PM.

Rhinozherous
22nd Apr 2024, 04:19
Hello!
Where there procedures for a two engine taxi in the BAE146/RJ's? I mean for example taxi with engine 3+4 to still get air conditioning AND power from them, plus the APU. Or where the engines not powerful enough?
Thank you!

Rhinozherous
22nd Apr 2024, 04:21
Link to PDF sent by PM.
Ithank you very much in advance!

PEI_3721
22nd Apr 2024, 08:52
2 engine taxi

No procedure authorised by the manufacturer. Possible issues of hydraulics for brakes, and / or failure cases. NB taxi accidents in US re loss of brakes (AC pump?); and overrun after ill advised shutdown of outboard engines anticipating an overrun.

captain.ronin
22nd Apr 2024, 17:35
Link to PDF sent by PM.

Could you please send me a link for this document too?
I have been looking all over the internet for this.
Thank you in advance.

Flap40
23rd Apr 2024, 16:27
I've not flown the 146 since 1998 but we certainly used to taxi in on just the inboard engines and the APU as long as the APU generator was functional. You still have two sources of AC and three sources of hydraulics.

common toad
23rd Apr 2024, 18:16
2 engine taxi

No procedure authorised by the manufacturer. Possible issues of hydraulics for brakes, and / or failure cases. NB taxi accidents in US re loss of brakes (AC pump?); and overrun after ill advised shutdown of outboard engines anticipating an overrun.

Tosh! I hope you are not type rated.

FCOM Vol 3, chapter 1, part 4, topic 11 “engine shutdown” BAe encourages the shutting down of #1 & #4 during taxi-in when apu generator available, and shutting down #1 (rather than #4)when no apu generator is available. There is of course a time limitation (2 minute below flight idle) before engine shutdown, but the rational is that it helps reduce brake use and excessive temperature during taxing-in.

Chesty Morgan
23rd Apr 2024, 19:57
Tosh! I hope you are not type rated.

FCOM Vol 3, chapter 1, part 4, topic 11 “engine shutdown” BAe encourages the shutting down of #1 & #4 during taxi-in when apu generator available, and shutting down #1 (rather than #4)when no apu generator is available. There is of course a time limitation (2 minute below flight idle) before engine shutdown, but the rational is that it helps reduce brake use and excessive temperature during taxing-in.
Absolutely. It bowled along quite nicely on 3 engines.

PEI_3721
23rd Apr 2024, 21:32
TC, et al; I was rated, and I am very surprised. Thus a copy of the applicable manufactures doc would be appreciated; perhaps the rewritten version - FCOM (late 90s?), after my time.

How easy it is to forget the 'switch pigs' accidents when taxing - PSA fin required replacement; Mesaba ramming the terminal.

common toad
24th Apr 2024, 08:58
The ‘Mesaba ramming the terminal’ wouldn’t have happened it the two maintenance people in the cockpit had used the check-list and correctly actioned it.

Uplinker
24th Apr 2024, 09:23
It was SOP and we routinely taxied in on #2 and #3 plus the APU. At large airports such as CDG and LHR, that saved a lot of fuel and brake wear.

I cannot check at the moment, but I am pretty sure that Engs #2 and #3 had the hydraulic pumps, so no issues with brakes, and the APU gen took over the electrical power supply from Eng #1 and #4 generators.