PDA

View Full Version : How to get into DXB, AUH or DOH from Europe...???

JanetFlight
13th Apr 2024, 21:54
Welll...Syria closed, Iraq closed, Jordan closed, Israel closed, Lebanon closed, Iran closed (lots of turkish airliners doing u turns into Turkey), and within a few hours Egypt as well...so my question is..how to get into those places coming from europe...!!???

twitter . com/clashreport/status/1779255937380872278

Jonty
13th Apr 2024, 23:43
At the moment it looks like everyone is south over Saudi and Egypt, or north over north Iran and turkey.

ph-ndr
13th Apr 2024, 23:51
At the moment it looks like everyone is south over Saudi and Egypt, or north over north Iran and turkey.

Seems TK and airlines based in UAE are using eastern Iran, but noone else. If I remember my tarot cards correctly that aligns with who is on speaking terms politically.

Everyone else seems to route either south (Cairo - Riyadh) or north (Tblisi - Baku) at the moment.

Also, many diverst earlier tongiht into IST/SAW and CAI, likely for fuel.

-A

dr dre
14th Apr 2024, 02:56
and within a few hours Egypt as well...

What was your source for that? Currently Egyptian airspace is busier than the motorway at peak hour - pretty much every M/E, Euro and Asian carrier flying over Saudi Arabia, the Red Sea, then up over Cairo on to Europe.

Maybe Egypt will restrict flights close to the Israeli border but for now Egyptian airspace overall is most definitely not closed.

FUMR
14th Apr 2024, 10:08
One assumes this is all to do with massive drone activity from Iran to Israel.

DaveReidUK
14th Apr 2024, 12:39
One assumes this is all to do with massive drone activity from Iran to Israel.

And now to take account of the inevitable retaliation.

daniel1111
22nd Apr 2024, 00:30
Well hopefully the Egypt/Saudi route remains usable for the time being. But yeah, options are getting slim

B Fraser
22nd Apr 2024, 07:56
Royal Brunei were using that route in November, giving a very nice view of the Nile at night, followed by Bahrain etc. etc.

captain.ronin
23rd Apr 2024, 04:25
For LHR-DXB i can see Emirates is currently flying via Iran while BA is flying the Egypt/Saudi route.