PDA

View Full Version : FE(A) IAA

snak
2nd Apr 2024, 15:27
Hi guys,

I'm looking for info & suggestions on how to get the FE(A) qualification as IAA license holder, I'm fully compliant with all requirements.

Any help?

thanks

Straighten Up
8th Apr 2024, 08:09
It took me a few years to do this. IAA don't offer courses themselves. One ato in Ireland do (aft I think) but despite having asked them multiple times to do it they didn't contact me when they ran the course. Finally I spoke to on-track who have an approved course under Danish Authority. Ireland accepted this and now I have my FE. Very happy with ontrack and my examiner instructor Simon.

bafanguy
8th Apr 2024, 22:31
What's an FE(A) ?

MrAverage
9th Apr 2024, 08:50
Designated Pilot Examiner in American English. It stands for Flight Examiner (Aeroplanes)

bafanguy
9th Apr 2024, 15:34
Designated Pilot Examiner in American English. It stands for Flight Examiner (Aeroplanes)

Ah so...thanks. All I could come up with was flight engineer(airplanes) which makes no sense at all. :ugh:

Aztec_Flyer
15th Apr 2024, 10:52
Deleted - duplicate

Aztec_Flyer
15th Apr 2024, 11:08
It took me a few years to do this. IAA don't offer courses themselves. One ato in Ireland do (aft I think) but despite having asked them multiple times to do it they didn't contact me when they ran the course. Finally I spoke to on-track who have an approved course under Danish Authority. Ireland accepted this and now I have my FE. Very happy with ontrack and my examiner instructor Simon.

Hi,

Can you share any additional information on the process? How did you go about getting IAA pre-approval to take the course? Did they accept the skills test from On-track or did you do a further skills test with an IAA examiner? How did you find OnTrack and anythign you'd do differently if you were starting the process again?

Any info you can share would be great.

Thanks.

Straighten Up
22nd Apr 2024, 07:44
You need to apply to IAA for permission to do the course, the form is RPPLF399E which unhelpfully is not on the IAA website. On track provided the form for me. They also managed the process with the IAA. Once you do the course (3 days), you still have to do an assessment of competence flight with a senior examiner (basically a mock LST / PC). Like most things in aviation, it's overly complicated but once you know the process it's manageable.

Aztec_Flyer
22nd Apr 2024, 10:02
You need to apply to IAA for permission to do the course, the form is RPPLF399E which unhelpfully is not on the IAA website. On track provided the form for me. They also managed the process with the IAA. Once you do the course (3 days), you still have to do an assessment of competence flight with a senior examiner (basically a mock LST / PC). Like most things in aviation, it's overly complicated but once you know the process it's manageable.

Hi,

Thanks for that - very helpful.

Was the AoC with the IAA in Ireland or was that done by On Track in the UK too?

Thanks.

Genghis the Engineer
22nd Apr 2024, 11:24
Ah so...thanks. All I could come up with was flight engineer(airplanes) which makes no sense at all. :ugh:

British/Irish English .................Murcan English
=============== ................============
CRI ..........................................CFI who can't teach ab-initio
FI .............................................CFI
IRI ............................................CFII
FE ............................................DPE
SEP ..........................................SEL
MEP ..........................................MEL
IR ..............................................IR
IR(R), or IMCR ..........................IR restricted to UK airspace, outside class A, higher DH

Not exact equivalences, but close enough for most purposes.

G

Straighten Up
29th Apr 2024, 08:24
Hi,

Thanks for that - very helpful.

Was the AoC with the IAA in Ireland or was that done by On Track in the UK too?

Thanks.

My AOC was done by a senior examiner in Spain where I am based. On track probably can do it as they have a couple of senior examiners on their books, but best to check with them.