PDA

View Full Version : CPDLC testing for maintenance

NZspook
23rd Feb 2024, 22:31
Hi,

Recently had a few write-ups for CPDLC not working, but other than some acars link testing and radio ops tests what else can we do on the ground. Manuals don't seem to have any test procedures.
Anyone any ideas or further info?
Thanks

Litebulbs
25th Feb 2024, 11:05
I was really hoping someone would have an answer this question, but I am reasonably sure that there isn't one.

matrixkiwi
26th Feb 2024, 20:53
I found this in my "Black Book Notes"
ATC RESET AS PER FCOM SUPP PROCEDURES TO BE CARRIED OUT (I believe that came from either SQ or EK)
You could try reading the FCOM on board the aircraft type you are referring to.
Also, try searching "CPCLC" in the TSM and AMM to find an actual manual reference to sign it off.
Also talk to one of the more proactive Moon Goons in Maint Watch and they may be able to get feedback from Flt Ops.

LME (GOD)
28th Feb 2024, 11:14
As it's a software function of the comms system, the only time it communicates is with an active flight number and flight plan. The only maintenance function I've seen is for a system reset (reboot). Obviously, this will change depending on the type.

NZspook
28th Feb 2024, 15:05
Thanks, that's pretty much the same conclusion I had.

champair79
28th Feb 2024, 15:16
Make sure the clock is using GPS time and is correct.

Check the flightplan template for that airframe. Make sure it indicates that the aircraft is CPDLC capable (compare the fields to a sister aircraft) and that the aircraft’s transponder HEX code is correct! A simple typo here and the log on request to ATC won’t register and validate.

That’s all I can think of for now.

605carsten
29th Feb 2024, 10:14
Depending where loss of cpdlc is happening, force it off VHF and make sure it works via sat link also.. this is where we had issues, when going off shore out of VHF range

luckykiko
17th Mar 2024, 18:07
Log onto “ARDC” and send. It will complete a full cycle test of the system and indicate if it’s working correctly.

NZspook
18th Mar 2024, 09:32
Thanks luckykiko , that is actually what I'm looking for. I still haven't found any maintenance procedures for CPDLC, so not too sure about how to log-on. Any info on that?

luckykiko
19th Mar 2024, 15:35
Go to the fms DLK logon/status page, enter ardc in the empty top left field and send. The rest will be obvious as it completes an uplink and downlink cycle with an “all good” message.