PDA

View Full Version : EASA Medical in Canada

carfarmer2006
22nd Feb 2024, 21:53
Hello, I am looking to go to flight school in Europe and I need a EASA Class 1 Medical, Are there any doctors in Canada approved to do the EASA Medical and not a TC one, I can't find anything on the internet.
Thanks

rudestuff
23rd Feb 2024, 01:31
You'll need to go to an EASA country for an initial medical - Iceland is closest. Where is your home country?

UB6IB9
23rd Feb 2024, 20:53
Dr. Gilmore in Ontario does EASA. Only renewals though. I believe (not 100% sure) that the initial has to be done in Europe.

www.aeromedicals.ca - Dr. Trevor Gillmore M.D. - Aerospace & Aviation Medicine (http://www.aeromedicals.ca/index.htm)

Awesome guy btw. Very down to earth. Impressive resume. He use to be a pilot with Air Canada. Chief coroner for the province at one time. Has like a million university degrees too.

rudestuff
24th Feb 2024, 06:20
Pick your country for your Initial carefully - that will be your state of licence issue. Some are cheaper/easier to deal with than others. You can change from one state to a other if required by your airline. Which is the most fu*king pointless thing on the planet because the whole point of EASA is supposed to be mutual recognition...