PDA

View Full Version : New JAA noise abatement procedure?

Aerosmith
3rd Sep 2002, 18:59
Can anybody shed some light on this?
Seems like the ICAO A & B procedure is outdated, according to JAA. Apparently the ATPL written Perf had some questions on this.

barnaby
4th Sep 2002, 14:32
The new noise abatement system makes life a lot easier.

You now have NADP1 & NADP2

NADP1 - For operations close to built up areas/noise sensitive areas (the old B system). Method: Climb at V2 + 10-20kts to 800', reduce power but maintain flap and climb at same speed to 3000' then start flap retract and power away as required.

NADP2 - For operations away from built up areas/noise sensitive areas (the old A system). Method; Climb at V2 + 10-10kts to 800', retract flap and climb at Vzf (zero flap) + 10-20kts to 3000' then power away as required.

Excuse me for the power away saying but I couldn't think of the proper phrase.

Barnaby

gofer
4th Sep 2002, 15:44
I knows thee was looking for words like, but dus thee with "power away" mean ...

1) "turn jungle juice on, as much as is desired", then lad... or,
2) dus thee mean "take it off", as in "there could be a stall cumming up real quick here lad" ?

My fiver goes on No,1, but clarity is whats needed here. ;)

Knold
4th Sep 2002, 16:04
Splendid JAA logic when it's at it's best... Calling the old A proc 2 and vice versa. :rolleyes:

Have a question though about how you all've been doing your A proc before:

Reducing power at 800' ? I've allways used 1500' since that's what's in the ICAO procedure description (and company OM of course)...

Aerosmith
4th Sep 2002, 18:04
Any chance that operators are gonna see this in writing anytime soon?
Dont you just love it when changes in the regs never leaves the desk in Hoofdorp?

Brenoch
4th Sep 2002, 18:57
Where does the 800ft come from?? The ol A is 1500ft and B 1000ft..

Knold
4th Sep 2002, 19:55
I reckon these tossers have mixed up the laundry...

barnaby
4th Sep 2002, 20:11
Gofer,

What tha means our kid is........

Put tha balls a bit closer to wall and give it some wellie! Or in other words, stop messing about wit this reduced power crap and hammer it on cost index 1,000,000. That is of course above 3000' aal.

In reply to someone elses post. God only knows why the CAA/JAA try to confuse so much by making proc A number 2 and proc B number 1. Maybe they've realised that it was the wrong way round to start and made amends. I think the new procedures are much easier and you always think of stuff close first so that's number 1. Yorkshire logic!!!!

Barnaby

Knold
5th Sep 2002, 01:48
barnaby as much as I respect your view on this I can't help thinking that the JAA has changed it's mind before.

You know as well as I that when it comes to things like this it only takes an opinion from Greece or Italy to throw over the entire plan to begin with.

barnaby
6th Sep 2002, 14:00
That Knold is true, but so far as the JAA performance and operations exams go, this is what they are examining. I know cause I've seen it. You might say how do you know that what you put is correct? They were my best results. 100% in ops and 95% in performance. Not being big headed, just want to give you the confidence to believe what I say. This stuff was introduced to the syllabus in march but didn't start appearing in the exams till April.

Knowing what the JAA is like it's worth going into the exams knowing both but more on the new easier procedures.

Good luck