PDA

View Full Version : Aeromexico passenger opens overwing door

Lomon
28th Jan 2024, 11:35
Recently reported on the beeb...
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-68121361

segfault
28th Jan 2024, 21:35
Apparently they were stuck on the plane for almost five hours without aircon and water, and other passengers have signed a statement supporting the passenger who opened the door.

I get that there might not be a gate to go back to, but I think there should be a fallback to support passengers and crew, especially in difficult climates.

Lomon
28th Jan 2024, 21:58
Apparently they were stuck on the plane for almost five hours without aircon and water, and other passengers have signed a statement supporting the passenger who opened the door.

I get that there might not be a gate to go back to, but I think there should be a fallback to support passengers and crew, especially in difficult climates.
I'm not necessarily condemning the passenger - airlines have long abused the goodwill of their customers.
I do wonder though if this might in some way lead to copycat incidents when the airline delays the passengers on the ground for a tech issue by forcing their hand into a jet swap because someone has opened the overwing exit which then means extra work to put it all back together.