PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on TUI Fly programme in Belgium

Nemoclown
21st Jan 2024, 21:16
Course details here:
https://careers.tuigroup.com/benelux/en/mpl/

Thoughts? Is it worth it? A good financial decision?

WindyTurtle
23rd Jan 2024, 09:44
before anything, i take it you meet the requirements of being an EU citizen?

i'm really thinking about this MPL too. generally MPLs seem so sketchy. if anything goes wrong, you've spent all your money on a qualification that doesn't mean anything to anyone besides TUI. However, if everything goes well, you've got cheap 'flight training' and a contract with TUI at the end. i think it's worth reading the small print and reading through the posts about Easy's MPL to see how that was handled. i'm also assuming the MPL is relatively competitive considering the price, albeit nowhere near as competitive as the full-funded MPL?

edit: i just read the job post properly. it says that after successful completion of the training, you're offered an 8-month contract with TUI with a possibility of extension. what does this mean!? if they decide not to extend the contract, am I still left with an MPL or will that have been converted into a fATPL to go elsewhere? there's no way they're profitting by letting their type-rated MPL pilots go to another airline after just 8 months. now im quite confused.

Nemoclown
23rd Jan 2024, 17:16
before anything, i take it you meet the requirements of being an EU citizen?

i'm really thinking about this MPL too. generally MPLs seem so sketchy. if anything goes wrong, you've spent all your money on a qualification that doesn't mean anything to anyone besides TUI. However, if everything goes well, you've got cheap 'flight training' and a contract with TUI at the end. i think it's worth reading the small print and reading through the posts about Easy's MPL to see how that was handled. i'm also assuming the MPL is relatively competitive considering the price, albeit nowhere near as competitive as the full-funded MPL?

edit: i just read the job post properly. it says that after successful completion of the training, you're offered an 8-month contract with TUI with a possibility of extension. what does this mean!? if they decide not to extend the contract, am I still left with an MPL or will that have been converted into a fATPL to go elsewhere? there's no way they're profitting by letting their type-rated MPL pilots go to another airline after just 8 months. now im quite confused.

Yeah I'm Irish. I have the exact same thoughts as you. Will need to find this all out on the initial call. I think they are still profiting though. Or not profiting, but it's getting them the necessary pilots they need to at least cover their busy summer period I suspect. Because the actual flying hours are low, the cost you pay for the course and the cost that they take from you from your salary in those 8 months cover it. I suspect there will not be too much competition as not many have the money. I'm 29 and been saving for years and can just about scrape it

victorkeck
23rd Jan 2024, 17:37
Hi, I have applied too. If someone already got info about the next phase after the online assessment I would appreciate as I received an email recently that I passed the first phase.

To be clear. TUI MPL Belgium not UK
Good luck!

JrFlyer
24th Jan 2024, 13:05
Yeah I'm Irish. I have the exact same thoughts as you. Will need to find this all out on the initial call. I think they are still profiting though. Or not profiting, but it's getting them the necessary pilots they need to at least cover their busy summer period I suspect. Because the actual flying hours are low, the cost you pay for the course and the cost that they take from you from your salary in those 8 months cover it. I suspect there will not be too much competition as not many have the money. I'm 29 and been saving for years and can just about scrape it

im also Irish and 29! I was very interested in this until I seen the 8 month contract! Also the wording suggests that an extension will be more unlikely than likely! I don’t see what benefit an 8 month contract is to TUI? You’re also left a little stranded trying to get an airline job if you’re not kept on, with an MPL with less than 1500 hours!

victorkeck
25th Jan 2024, 07:55
Does anyone know if the MPL is operator restricted and after the 8 month contract (if they do not renew you) you will be the same as any pedestrian (except for TUI)?

Nemoclown
25th Jan 2024, 08:44
im also Irish and 29! I was very interested in this until I seen the 8 month contract! Also the wording suggests that an extension will be more unlikely than likely! I don’t see what benefit an 8 month contract is to TUI? You’re also left a little stranded trying to get an airline job if you’re not kept on, with an MPL with less than 1500 hours!
Precisely. I'll share any info I get here from the HR call if that happens anyone

victorkeck
25th Jan 2024, 08:55
Great, thank you. I have been told that we will arrange a date for the face to face interview in the coming weeks. Have you not yet received it?

JrFlyer
25th Jan 2024, 11:58
Does anyone know if the MPL is operator restricted and after the 8 month contract (if they do not renew you) you will be the same as any pedestrian (except for TUI)?

Even if it isn’t operator restricted. I can’t think of too many other company’s who are going to employ someone with an MPL and less than 1500 hours. you will learn TUI SOP’s and be type rated on the 737 which really limits your opportunities
Unless as you said they have a process in place to allow you to convert to fATPL

jens_r
25th Jan 2024, 18:21
What makes you guys think that an extension after the 8 month contract is more unlikely than likely? I mean 50k including TR must be heavily subsidized by TUI. What interest would they have in letting you go afterwards? And even if so, having a 737 TR plus some experience - at least more than anyone coming from a private flight school - would put you in a better position than private students, don't you think?

noahlm
25th Jan 2024, 20:01
I recieved that mail too for the face to face interview, weird because the selection proces originally consisted of a digital interview, and they aren't answering to my mails.

Nemoclown
26th Jan 2024, 16:17
What makes you guys think that an extension after the 8 month contract is more unlikely than likely? I mean 50k including TR must be heavily subsidized by TUI. What interest would they have in letting you go afterwards? And even if so, having a 737 TR plus some experience - at least more than anyone coming from a private flight school - would put you in a better position than private students, don't you think?

I think they want pilots for their summer season. I can only see one other thread where this type of TUI programme was ever discussed in that past and that seemed to be the situation. And I don't think it is subsidised really. It even says on the description that you pay the remaining costs from salary sacrifice. There's so few actual flying hours and mostly just simulator which is a lot less expensive.
I think private school people will have more actual well-rounded overall flying experience from their ATPL if that makes sense. This programme will just give you loads of hours in a 737 and then what other airline are you going to go to after that? Norwegian? That's all I can think of. And Ryanair of course. Those are my concerns anyway 🤷

jens_r
26th Jan 2024, 17:37
I think they want pilots for their summer season. I can only see one other thread where this type of TUI programme was ever discussed in that past and that seemed to be the situation. And I don't think it is subsidised really. It even says on the description that you pay the remaining costs from salary sacrifice. There's so few actual flying hours and mostly just simulator which is a lot less expensive.
I think private school people will have more actual well-rounded overall flying experience from their ATPL if that makes sense. This programme will just give you loads of hours in a 737 and then what other airline are you going to go to after that? Norwegian? That's all I can think of. And Ryanair of course. Those are my concerns anyway 🤷

where does it say you pay the „remaining cost“ from salary sacrifice? The only thing I read in the FAQ section is that they deduct 8k€ during these 8 months. So it must be subsidised. And with the initial 55k it makes the total cost for you 63k. Including the TR. Which I still find reasonable.

You might be right with your other concerns, of course I don’t know better. I’ll try to find out as much about this as possible in the interview.

JrFlyer
26th Jan 2024, 18:30

even at that I’m not sure the likes of Ryanair would take you, given that you have trained towards a different companies SOP’s. Ryanair have a strong line of cadets coming out of AFTA and Bartolini etc.

Joaog
4th Feb 2024, 21:35
I recieved that mail too for the face to face interview, weird because the selection proces originally consisted of a digital interview, and they aren't answering to my mails.

have they called you back?

victorkeck
5th Feb 2024, 13:53
I have not received any newsabout the face to face interview yet, what about you two? Two weeks have now passed since the last email that said I passed to the next phase (no-reply-email)

​​​​

noahlm
5th Feb 2024, 20:48
I have not received any newsabout the face to face interview yet, what about you two? Two weeks have now passed since the last email that said I passed to the next phase (no-reply-email)

​​​​
still no answer too, I see that they have changed the recruitment proces on the vacancy so this is a good sign for us and means that there's no problem

i_havecontrols
6th Feb 2024, 16:06
I share the concerns you guys have. I did the tests today and got an invitation to HQ too.

My main question there will indeed be the job description and what they expect after these 8 months. Without any real view on a permanent contract or a way to convert this to a fATPL, I’m not sure if it’s worth the 50k.

victorkeck
6th Feb 2024, 17:06
Hi, I have received a call now. March 1st for me. What about all of you?

victorkeck
7th Feb 2024, 06:58
I share the concerns you guys have. I did the tests today and got an invitation to HQ too.

My main question there will indeed be the job description and what they expect after these 8 months. Without any real view on a permanent contract or a way to convert this to a fATPL, I’m not sure if it’s worth the 50k.

Absolutely, that's something one needs to know about before starting the training. I cannot imagine TUI designing a programme where the student, if TUI themselves don't want to renew your contract, will be stranded. Also it is interesting to know that the first 10 months will be online... Therefore you will only study from home and won't receive (live) lessons. That would be quite a struggle for some, as one might not be able to make real social Interactions in the programme and feel overwhelmed (if you are not prepared). Which dates are you going to the HQ?
​​​​​​

i_havecontrols
7th Feb 2024, 09:27
Absolutely, that's something one needs to know about before starting the training. I cannot imagine TUI designing a programme where the student, if TUI themselves don't want to renew your contract, will be stranded. Also it is interesting to know that the first 10 months will be online... Therefore you will only study from home and won't receive (live) lessons. That would be quite a struggle for some, as one might not be able to make real social Interactions in the programme and feel overwhelmed (if you are not prepared). Which dates are you going to the HQ?
​​​​​​

I'm scheduled for the end of April. March first is soon! Good luck :) I'm curious what the group assessment is like, since it's only 30 minutes I think.

I do not know the finer details about the difference licenses available, but I think I've read somewhere that an MPL could be converted to an (f)ATPL with just a little bit of extra training. The theory is, after all, the same. Especially with the TR that you'll get at TUI Fly, and the hours you log in the 8 months that you'll work for them, I'm sure everything is not lost when you don't get another offer after these 8 months.

Anyway, I think TUI Fly is spending a considerable amount of money on us on their end as well: I can't imagine that the 50k covers the entire training, and I can also not imagine that they would invest in students and an entire MPL programme, only to find some people for the summer period and then wave them goodbye again. But of course, that's speculation.

noahlm
7th Feb 2024, 09:29
Hi, got the call to go to the HQ too, March 28th for me

victorkeck
7th Feb 2024, 15:41
I'm scheduled for the end of April. March first is soon! Good luck :) I'm curious what the group assessment is like, since it's only 30 minutes I think.

I do not know the finer details about the difference licenses available, but I think I've read somewhere that an MPL could be converted to an (f)ATPL with just a little bit of extra training. The theory is, after all, the same. Especially with the TR that you'll get at TUI Fly, and the hours you log in the 8 months that you'll work for them, I'm sure everything is not lost when you don't get another offer after these 8 months.

Anyway, I think TUI Fly is spending a considerable amount of money on us on their end as well: I can't imagine that the 50k covers the entire training, and I can also not imagine that they would invest in students and an entire MPL programme, only to find some people for the summer period and then wave them goodbye again. But of course, that's speculation.

Yes, 1st March! It was offered to me in the online call, but the date is ok, so no problem : ). Although a later date does not really mean better, as I think it would (hopefully) be advantageous to go ahead with the interview now, as you are the first wave, I guess. But I am curious because there are so many dates. Does anyone know how many have applied and reached this stage? And how many places are available? In my case, I would start the training just after high school, but without a degree, or else. What are your profiles, if I may ask :). Even in your teens? I wish you all the best of luck and if you want we could start a whats app group or something where we can prepare together as a team.

Now to what you said about the MPL/fATPL: I believe that it is unlikely that a company as employee-friendly as TUI would really run a training programme if it did not bring benefits to both sides. Right? : )

i_havecontrols
7th Feb 2024, 16:57
Yes, 1st March! It was offered to me in the online call, but the date is ok, so no problem : ). Although a later date does not really mean better, as I think it would (hopefully) be advantageous to go ahead with the interview now, as you are the first wave, I guess. But I am curious because there are so many dates. Does anyone know how many have applied and reached this stage? And how many places are available? In my case, I would start the training just after high school, but without a degree, or else. What are your profiles, if I may ask :). Even in your teens? I wish you all the best of luck and if you want we could start a whats app group or something where we can prepare together as a team.

Now to what you said about the MPL/fATPL: I believe that it is unlikely that a company as employee-friendly as TUI would really run a training programme if it did not bring benefits to both sides. Right? : )
Exciting! Well again, best of luck.

I’d also very much like to know the amount of candidates and the amount of people who get to this stage. I guess we’ll never really know. Also, I’m not sure how many pilots they need.

I do have a degree, and my teens are longer ago than I care to admit (just kidding, I’m not that old).

I’ll PM you my phone number, a WhatsApp group sounds like a good idea!

omarrusso23
9th Feb 2024, 12:22
Hi guys I also got the call to go to HQ the 18th of April and I've just seen a video of tui that said that the mpl license doesn't tie you to TUI

Joaog
9th Feb 2024, 14:01

still no call. I did the tests last Sunday. How was the call? Was it like an interview or more of an informal talk about the interview at the HQ

GuillaumeB
9th Feb 2024, 14:08
How to prepare for the online test (logical, numerical, verbal reasoning)? difficulty?

Regarding the English test, what are the different parts of the test?

If someone could give me some advice it would be nice

thanks

Joaog
9th Feb 2024, 14:23

still no call. I did the tests last Sunday. How was the call? Was it like an interview or more of an informal talk about the interview at the HQ

omarrusso23
9th Feb 2024, 22:03
How to prepare for the online test (logical, numerical, verbal reasoning)? difficulty?

Regarding the English test, what are the different parts of the test?

If someone could give me some advice it would be nice

thanks

and that
I did the test and to be honest there is no need to prepare for it to much its quite easy to do the tests. About the english part there is a written one were you choose from some words and a spoken part were you have to record your voice and that it is.

victorkeck
10th Feb 2024, 09:41

The call was more like a chat with the recruiter. Nothing where they were demanding something really, they just were informing about the face to face assessment. When you know your date, you may PM me your number so that we can coordinate with the others, regarding the preparation, etc. (everyone who goes to the face to face interview can dm me their number, you are all welcome to join :) )

omarrusso23
10th Feb 2024, 09:44

The call was just a chat to set up de date of the interview

victorkeck
13th Feb 2024, 21:22
Does anyone here have the face to face assessment the 1st of March in Zaventem?
If yes dm me if you like, I am happy to colaborate in our preparation.
The rest: the offer of the group is still available. We already got the opportunity of being 5 group members: really helpful group, I certainly recommend it ;).(If interested, DM me too :) )

African_TrouserSnake
13th Feb 2024, 21:51
You can convert an mpl to an atpl but restricted to multi pilot ops only. No grandfather cpl spo grandfather rights.

operator restriction is a hoax, as a matter of fact a majority of thr mpl cadets went to other places below 1500h (ASL/Brussels/…) this maybe tells you something about tuibe as employer as well.

50k from zero to hero incl TR, and a contract, good deal, take it. Expect to be treated like a kid in primary school. Be able to deal with ancient attitudes from instructors at times.

GuillaumeB
16th Feb 2024, 10:25
Thanks and what is the score request for the English test?

man_flex_68
16th Feb 2024, 11:38
I have also passed the online assessment and was asked to come for the F2F/-Group assessment to Zeventem in May as they don't have any available dates. I assume there are many applicants as it takes so long for the interview. Anyone else scheduled in May?

man_flex_68
17th Feb 2024, 09:39
I have also received an invitation for the face-to-face interview and the group assessment on May, 16th. Let us know how it went, guys! And wishing you good luck with preparation!

FlyingSpaghettiMan
19th Feb 2024, 13:41
Hi,

I also got an invitation for the face2face interview @ HQ, will be March 27th!
I am very interested in joining the group for the preparation but for some reason I am unable to DM you.

Can someone in the group send me a DM? Then I can drop my number there :)

Thx!

man_flex_68
19th Feb 2024, 16:07
Same here!

Clapiers.34830
20th Feb 2024, 13:30
Hi guys !
I've just received an invitation for the first tests. Any recommandation for the verbal, logical and reasoning part?
Also, do you know if there are any groups created to discuss?

If not, we could create a telegram or something.

Good luck !

notA0isA380
24th Feb 2024, 18:41
The rest: the offer of the group is still available. We already got the opportunity of being 5 group members: really helpful group, I certainly recommend it ;).(If interested, DM me too :) )

I'm in the 1st March as well, Can i join the whatsapp group?
Can't DM you since I'm new to this forum.

FlyingSpaghettiMan
26th Feb 2024, 13:56
I'm in the 1st March as well, Can i join the whatsapp group?
Can't DM you since I'm new to this forum.
Hi, did you get an invitation for the Whatsapp Group? If yes, could you guys also add me please, cannot DM for the same reason :)

Johnik
29th Feb 2024, 18:08
Hey all!
Thanks to visiting TUI at the Pilot Expo, I am still able to apply, even though the official applications have been closed.
Would you be so kind to give me a somewhat detailed description on what the online assessment looks like?
I would be very grateful!

Clapiers.34830
1st Mar 2024, 13:57
Hey guys,

Are you directly transferred to the reasoning tests after the english part? Or do you have to wait for them to review your english results?

Thanks a lot !

Clapiers.34830
1st Mar 2024, 14:44
Hi guys,

Are you directed straight to the reasoning tests after the english test? or does TUI check your result before letting you go to the next tests?

Thanks a lot !

SandorMiez
11th Mar 2024, 11:45
Could you send me a private message so I can join the whatsapp group?
ive got the 27 of march the f2f and group assessment

FlyingSpaghettiMan
11th Mar 2024, 15:38
No, you should get redirected straight away

Johnik
11th Mar 2024, 18:39
Hi there!
Could one of you give me a more detailed explanation of what the online assessment looks like?
Thank you :)

casvt2308
20th Mar 2024, 13:08
Hi Guys,

i got my selections on the 28th of March
anyone with tips?

glad to hear from you

casvt2308
20th Mar 2024, 13:17
Hi, got the call to go to the HQ too, March 28th for me

Yes i'm aswell

casvt2308
20th Mar 2024, 13:18

Can i join aswell?

fulltrottel
21st Mar 2024, 16:45
Hey,
could anyone pls send me a private message with the whatsapp link, since I am not able to send a private message.

Highly appreciated!

Cumulonimbushunter
22nd Mar 2024, 09:24
Hi,

I also got an invitation for the face2face interview @ HQ, will be March 27th!
I am very interested in joining the group for the preparation but for some reason I am unable to DM you.

Can someone in the group send me a DM? Then I can drop my number there :)

Thx!

can I join too? Have it on the 19th of April.

Cumulonimbushunter
22nd Mar 2024, 11:52
Can someone send me the link as well? I have my interview on April 19th.

22nd Mar 2024, 12:41
Hello could someone please sed me the link for the groupchat. I am also due to take assessment on 28th.

BertFlint
23rd Mar 2024, 02:55

My face-to-face interview is scheduled for the 3rd of May. Would you be so kind as to add me to the afore me tuined group. Kind regards.

23rd Mar 2024, 14:13
Hi guys could someone please private message me the link for the groupchat? I am taking assessment on 28th March. Thank you!

PilotAce168
25th Mar 2024, 10:46
Hello Everyone!
I hope you are all well
How did it go for those who had an interview date scheduled in March? Any wins?

Is anyone scheduled on the 24th of April for the F2F and group interview?
Also would love to join the whatsapp group, please someone kindly add me, Thank you !

Clapiers.34830
25th Mar 2024, 14:31
Hey guys,

I'm scheduled on the 8th, may, can someone send me the whatsapp group link?

Thanks !!

PilotAce168
25th Mar 2024, 18:48
Hi guys could someone please private message me the link for the groupchat? I am taking assessment on 28th March. Thank you!
Its coming in hot very soon for you buddy, best of luck !
I haven't been able to get access to this group either. Maybe we should create a second one

s65royal
1st Apr 2024, 12:50
Could you send me a private message so I can join the whatsapp group?
ive got the 27 of march the f2f and group assessment

Hey, how did it go? Can you please tell how the f2f and group assessment went?

s65royal
1st Apr 2024, 13:13
And is the f2f interview and group assessment in English or Dutch?

BertFlint
1st Apr 2024, 14:39
Hello could someone please sed me the link for the groupchat. I am also due to take assessment on 28th.
How did you assessment go? Is there anything you could share with us about the process and how the day went?

Pastoz
2nd Apr 2024, 12:20
f2f interview planned for the 16th of Aprile here. Can anybody add me to the group chat?

s65royal
6th Apr 2024, 02:25
Can someone please explain how the face to face interview and group assessment day went in detail? Thanks

PilotAce168
8th Apr 2024, 12:14
Guys send me a request in DM, for those interested I will add you to the new group and share with you the whatsapp link for the new TUI Mpl group. Since we haven't got any news from the previous and nobody else has been added to it.

Htm_737
8th Apr 2024, 12:41
Hi guys! have my face-to-face interview as well as the group assessment end of april. I read this chat and I see many of you guys already got both of it way earlier. Can you guys share with us how it went ? What kind of questions etc ? Thanks future collueagues :)

Johnik
8th Apr 2024, 14:52
Hi there! Maybe we want to open up a discord? That way we don't have to share our phone number and perhaps that first WhatsApp group gets quite crowded

victorkeck
8th Apr 2024, 19:29
Hello everyone, indeed the original Whatsapp group is still more than active.

Every request to join gets the invitation link, so the statement that no one who asked here has been invited, is false.
If you want to join the "big" group with 11+ members, DM me with your number.

Cheers!

Htm_737
8th Apr 2024, 21:31

Every request to join gets the invitation link, so the statement that no one who asked here has been invited, is false.

Cheers!
Thanks man!
I will contact you asap

PilotAce168
9th Apr 2024, 08:49
Hey Mate my bad!
Thanks for sending the link
I saw that a few like me didn't get the link or couldn't get access to it because of the forum restrictions
So I thought of creating a new one just in case if we missed out on it
But all good
Thanks for the help Victor
Cheers

victorkeck
11th Apr 2024, 16:11
No problem, does anyone have a Sim Date for any dates prior the 24th of april? I have it the 24th of April.

Clearedfortkof
11th Apr 2024, 18:45
Does anyone has some tips regarding the interview and group exercises? Thanks!

Clearedfortkof
11th Apr 2024, 18:55
Hi Victor, great, thanks! I will DM you asap.

OONFK
13th Apr 2024, 11:01
Hi guys, I have my f2f interview and group assessment next week, on the 17th April. I'd like to join the group but I can't send a DM to anyone due to website restrictions. Can someone send me a DM so that I can send my phone number for the WhatsApp group? Thanks in advance for your help and good luck to everyone!

Max.L
13th Apr 2024, 15:00
Hey all, I have my F2F interview scheduled for May 14th (anyone else). Could you please DM and add me to the whatsapp group. I cannot DM you for whatever reason. Thanks!

AlphaBravo971
14th Apr 2024, 12:27
I have also received an invitation for the face-to-face interview and the group assessment on May, 16th. Let us know how it went, guys! And wishing you good luck with preparation!
Hi guys, I'm scheduled on May 15th, can you send me the link as well please? Happy to meet up with people who will be around that week!

ty1
14th Apr 2024, 12:30
Is a degree really necessary to join the MPL training in Belgium?

fulltrottel
14th Apr 2024, 13:54
thank you! I received the link!

Nemoclown
15th Apr 2024, 19:12

Did you get any answers from TUI on these concerns?

Max.L
18th Apr 2024, 17:16
Hi, I find it a bit hard to navigate this forum. Could you please let me know how you received the link? I'm a bit lost :bored:

BertFlint
21st Apr 2024, 18:25

Cheers!
I'd like to join the group but I can't send a DM to anyone due to PPRUNE website restrictions. Can someone send me a DM so that I can send my phone number for the WhatsApp group? Thanks in advance for your help and good luck to everyone!