View Full Version : Contrail

RodH
13th Jan 2024, 04:55
Iv'e been in the Aviation World for 65 years now and today witnessed the most amazing Con Trail I have ever seen.
I live on the Gold Coast in Australai and saw a Singapore Airlines A380, AKl-SIN, fly over at 40,000 ft ( info courtesy of Flight Radar 24 ) and leave an incredibly long stable con trail. It literally went from the horizon in the East all the way to the Western horizon. It was very pronounced and did not break up at all, just one long trail East to West.
Never seen one so long and there and stay for so long, still there 45 minutes later and slowly breaking up.
Beautiful to watch.

compressor stall
13th Jan 2024, 10:50
Occasionally we see same in Melbourne with the AKL DXB flight, with the little heading change over ML.

The thing about contrails in Oz is that there are so few and thus so noticeable.

421dog
13th Jan 2024, 11:30
Come to the central US….
looks like a Chessboard. But then, we need more of the chemtrail juice to keep us in order👍

IBMJunkman
13th Jan 2024, 14:57
I notice I feel better when there are contrails up there.

421dog
13th Jan 2024, 17:59
Just breathe deeply and realize big brother is looking out for you😇

Cat3508
13th Jan 2024, 19:51
Occasionally we see same in Melbourne with the AKL DXB flight, with the little heading change over ML.

The thing about contrails in Oz is that there are so few and thus so noticeable.
Come up here to this part of the world, plenty of them every day