PDA

View Full Version : Middle east working situation

Freddles
5th Jan 2024, 16:56
Hi, are there any Area controllers working in centres in the middle east able to highlight pay and working conditions? I'm 5 years valid and starting to look at a move. I found an earlier forum from about 6 years ago that seemed to be pretty scathing to basically everywhere over there so I was wondering (hoping) that working conditions had improved! I'd be interested for information on basically anywhere that would take an Area ticket.
Cheers.

Mamluk
10th Jan 2024, 16:55
Unfortunately, the ME ATC working environment is (still) very unorganized and stressful compared to the "developed" ATC regions (count on outdated airspace structures and regulations, excessive workload at peak hours due to absence of any flow control, loose work ethics, inefficient usage of ATC equipment, etc.).
On the other hand, lifestyle can be interesting and appealing to many; there are more than enough annual vacation days, and salaries are generally in the "five digits" USD range.
Muscat was hiring just a few weeks ago (after a long time) , Doha and Abu Dhabi hire occasionally, and Bahrain is not hiring UFN.
As far as I know, no Area positions are available for expatriates in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia.

Memento Mori
16th Jan 2024, 19:57
Unfortunately, the ME ATC working environment is (still) very unorganized and stressful compared to the "developed" ATC regions (count on outdated airspace structures and regulations, excessive workload at peak hours due to absence of any flow control, loose work ethics, inefficient usage of ATC equipment, etc.).
On the other hand, lifestyle can be interesting and appealing to many; there are more than enough annual vacation days, and salaries are generally in the "five digits" USD range.
Muscat was hiring just a few weeks ago (after a long time) , Doha and Abu Dhabi hire occasionally, and Bahrain is not hiring UFN.
As far as I know, no Area positions are available for expatriates in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia.

Do you know anything or someone in Abu Dhabi TWR when there will be opportunities again? Seems like it takes some time after passing the assessment?

Mamluk
29th Jan 2024, 14:08
Sorry, no info on that...

Vlad the Impaler
10th Feb 2024, 14:15
Do you know anything or someone in Abu Dhabi TWR when there will be opportunities again? Seems like it takes some time after passing the assessment?
steer well clear of Abu Dhabi Tower. It’s an absolute ****hole run by the worst kind of penny pinching back stabbing bastards. And those are its good points. Shame really, Abu Dhabi is a great place to live 🤷

Memento Mori
18th Feb 2024, 17:32
steer well clear of Abu Dhabi Tower. It’s an absolute ****hole run by the worst kind of penny pinching back stabbing bastards. And those are its good points. Shame really, Abu Dhabi is a great place to live 🤷

I sent you a PM

Jaydawg
23rd Apr 2024, 15:10
Hi - Area controller looking to move to the ME region - any info would be appreciated on the employers and conditions - not too worried about the pay packages so much as who you'd be working for and the respect (if any that you're likely to receive)
Any info or PM's appreciated.

Thanks.
JD