PDA

View Full Version : PPL Flying schools in the North East

Bust
3rd Sep 2002, 06:54
Hi

Can anyone tell me of a good PPL training school in the North East of England?

Any info on cost per hour/membership would be a great help.

Piper Warrior Pilot
3rd Sep 2002, 09:35
Newcastle Aero Club based on the southside of Newcastle Airport is where i am starting my PPL. Ive already had a trial flight and ive been on a few practice flights for the Sunderland Air Show. Great friendly members.

PPL cost per hour for training is currently 105 pounds per hour

Hire per hour is 85 pounds

Membership is 50 pounds per year

They have over 1000 members

I have loads of more information but it would take quite a while to post it on here. If you want e-mail me and i will be glad to answer any questions you have.

Also there are a couple of flying schools at Teesside Airport (St Georges and Teesside aero club). I dont have any information on those but you could run a search on Goolgle or something for them.

As i say, e-mail me if you like and i will be only glad to help you.

EGNTpilot
3rd Sep 2002, 18:22
Hi Bust,
agree with PWP, I got my PPL with them. Good instructors and friendly members. You get the experience of flying from a busy airport, mixing it with all manner of air traffic and dealing with ATC, yet unrestricted training airspace is only 5 -10 mins flying time away.
Usual disclaimer applies, not connected with the club other than as a very satisfied member!
:)
Hope this helps,

Steve

Piper Warrior Pilot
4th Sep 2002, 09:51
Heres their number incase you want to get in touch with them. Gillian will probably be on reception. Very friendly

0191 286 1321

Also an absoloutely excellent pilot shop right next to the Aero Club. Ashton Aviation, a charter helicopter company which have a few pilot supplies in stock but will order any equipment you want free delivery, from Transair, Pilot Warehouse, AFE, and they wil beat their prices.

By the way this isnt advetising, just helping out fellow enthusiasts wanting to commence PPL training in the North East.

(Im gonna get shot by the Bulletin Police)

Hope this helps

BRL
4th Sep 2002, 14:01
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/shootout.gif :rolleyes:

Piper Warrior Pilot
4th Sep 2002, 14:06
lol. im dead. i told you didnt i?

I sacrificed my life in order to assist others. lol

Nice one Big Red 'L'

Bust
5th Sep 2002, 07:00
Thanks for the comments, will look at Newcastle.

I'll probably make some dints in the runway