View Full Version : In ear headset

berlioz
22nd Nov 2023, 15:00
Hello to all

I'm considering a in-ear headset

I would like to know who uses them and what feedback you can give about them

As i´m in Europe there are not that many options.

I was looking at UFQ that as far as i can google it the only one offering ANR to the in-ear headset. And price wise is one of the least expensive ones. I know its china made...but.....

There are a couple brands out there but little real information from pilots about them.

UFQ
FARO
BOSEClarity AloftHALO

So ill ask anyone that is using in-ear headset to leave here they're feedback.

Much appreciated

Safe landings

KSASVA
22nd Nov 2023, 15:20
Hello

I recently bought Clarity Aloft Flex, I love the in-ear headset and noise cancelation but I didn't like the headset itself, not as strong as I want it to be, very delicate, the mike bounces with turbulence, there are many videos in Youtube that will help you to make a decision.

FlyboyUK
22nd Nov 2023, 17:53
I have the Bose pro-flight 2 and I love it. Really lightweight, good ANR (not quite as good as A20 over ear) and very comfortable to wear for long durations. I recently has some custom ear gloves (same sort of thing as professional musicians wear) made and they improve the fit in the ear even more.

DynamicStall
23rd Nov 2023, 23:57
As mentioned, Bose proflight 2 has great ANR and can wear all day without any discomfort. Sound quality great especially with a 5 pin XLR connection. Spend time getting the ear plug fit correct (headset comes with small, med and large plugs) otherwise if too small the ear plugs will continually fall out of your ears.

Check Airman
24th Nov 2023, 01:51
I have the Bose pro-flight 2 and I love it. Really lightweight, good ANR (not quite as good as A20 over ear) and very comfortable to wear for long durations. I recently has some custom ear gloves (same sort of thing as professional musicians wear) made and they improve the fit in the ear even more.

I have the same headset, and can also recommend it. Great product. How do go about getting and installing custom earplugs though? I like the idea of better noise reduction.

FlyboyUK
24th Nov 2023, 07:36
I got mine done by a company called Ultimate Ear in the UK

berlioz
24th Nov 2023, 12:10
Thank you all
Its nice to have feedback
Ill take a look on the bose

netstruggler
24th Nov 2023, 12:34
Thank you all
Its nice to have feedback

Not when talking headsets it isn't :)

berlioz
29th Nov 2023, 13:30
Not when talking headsets it isn't :)
:ok: Soooo true

snoopy24
30th Nov 2023, 09:18
I also can recommend the BOSE Proflight 2. Very comfortable over long time periods.

geardown1
6th Dec 2023, 06:42
Another couple options are the Axis headset from the states and the Nanocomm 2GA headset from the UK.

I currently use the nanocomm 2ga with custom moulded ear plugs (didn’t get on with the generic ezy fit ones). The Nanocomm is surprisingly affordable for an aviation headset although doesn’t come with any official approval (unlike clarity aloft with TSO).

The Nanocomm headset is built into a lanyard, basically nothing on the head at all, just ear plugs and one earplug had the mic boom in it. It’s very similar to the now unavailable Phonak Freecome 7100 but that was around €1000.