PDA

View Full Version : Skills test - passed :)

Evo7
2nd Sep 2002, 17:03
Did it :) :)

Nearly messed it up right at the start - arrived at the first waypoint on the navigation section when that nagging thought that I had forgotten something turned into "Oh f..., I've forgotten to talk to Farnborough". I was busy thinking "this isn't too bad" and forgot to change frequency....had to confess to the examiner that I had screwed up, orbited and got permission to go through, but another few minutes and I would have sailed into the MATZ and failed... :o

After that, I got my act together and it was all OK. I made it to the first turning point (Henley on Thames) without any more drama, Popham appeared just when and where it was expected on the diversion, stalls and steep turns were fine and the examiner was nice and gave me a PFL near a disused airfield. After that, back to the circuit for a touch and go, an EFATO (which I wasn't expecting :eek: - but dealt with :) ) and a dream of a flapless to land. Wondered if messing things up at the start would get me a Partial, but no worries..... :)

And now I need a drink... :rolleyes: :D

(oh, and on a really dull note, anyone know how I log it? P1, P1/s or Pu/t?)

rustle
2nd Sep 2002, 17:19
Congratulations! :) :)

EI_Sparks
2nd Sep 2002, 17:20
CONGRADULATIONS

Well done!
:) :) :) :)

HelenD
2nd Sep 2002, 17:45
Congrats well done

28thJuly2001
2nd Sep 2002, 18:05
A great relief to get it done aint it :D
You log it as (quick look at log book) P1/S.
Walt,,

AerBabe
2nd Sep 2002, 18:12
Woohoo!!! Nice one! So, you'll be flying yourself to Sywell and buying us all drinks... right? ;)
Yup, P1/S it is :) Well done!

Thumpango
2nd Sep 2002, 18:30
Congratulations!!

Well done- it must be a great feeling now having achieved a pass.

Whipping Boy's SATCO
2nd Sep 2002, 18:50
:D :D :D :D :D

TheKentishFledgling
2nd Sep 2002, 19:13
Nice one mate, well done!

tKF

iainpoll
2nd Sep 2002, 20:11
Top man - enjoy. !!!!!:) :) :) :) :) :)

Currymonster
2nd Sep 2002, 21:43
Good Feeling Well Done

tacpot
2nd Sep 2002, 23:30
Congratulations. It's great watching the progress of people towards the PPL via PPrune, especially when they cross the big hurdles! Well done on keeping your cool.

I'd recommend you send the paperwork to the CAA via special delivery and take out the additional insurance that means the post office will pay for what ever it costs to replace to your paperwork if it gets lost.

flyboy6876
3rd Sep 2002, 00:36
Beauty!! Congratulations and may you now enjoy many, many flying hours:)

surreyflyer
3rd Sep 2002, 06:51
Well done Evo

Hope I can post the same news at the end of tomorrow!!!!

Who has control?
3rd Sep 2002, 07:24
Congratulations Evo, you have earned it :) :) :)

See you at Sywell now??

Circuit Basher
3rd Sep 2002, 07:33
CONGRATULATIONS, EVO!!!

:D :D

Great stuff; now you just need to learn how to FLY!!!! ;) ;)

G SXTY
3rd Sep 2002, 08:03
Well done mate - chuffed for you!

FlyingForFun
3rd Sep 2002, 09:28
Well done Evo!

Sounds like you were flying around my local area! Glad it went well for you - look forward to seeing you flying yourself into Sywell in a few weeks! :)

FFF
--------------

BRL
3rd Sep 2002, 11:18
Excellent stuff, well done. :) I would have bet my mortgage that you passed though...... ;)

Grim Reaper 14
3rd Sep 2002, 11:34
TWF!!!!

I reckon the only person on these forums that thought you might fail was you! Thankfully you proved yourself wrong....

That's one more of us, and one less of them:D :D :D

Penguina
3rd Sep 2002, 12:18
Congratulations! I'm inspired! :)

distaff_beancounter
3rd Sep 2002, 12:58
Well done EVO ;)

Now you can start the serious flying :D

kabz
3rd Sep 2002, 13:22
Nice one Evo, CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eveepee
3rd Sep 2002, 13:58
Congratulations ! You've inspired me too :)

Evo7
3rd Sep 2002, 15:14
Thanks, everybody :)

Finally starting to sink in now. I was too knackered after the test to really enjoy it yesterday - it's a bl**dy intense couple of hours - but now.... :D :D :D

Sywell depends on how quickly the CAA are getting things done at the moment. I'll try :)

And Circuit Basher, :p

;)

hasell
3rd Sep 2002, 17:32
Nice one evo7

Hey G-SXTY -So you almost there too now?

I got revision and then skills test too...

Regards.

H.

LowNSlow
4th Sep 2002, 09:24
Nice one Evo, congratulations. Making a mistake, recognising it and correcting it was probably a bonus. After all it demonstrates that you can do now what some people take a while to learn :D :D

G SXTY
4th Sep 2002, 12:59
Greetings Hasell! Not too long now – QXC out of the way last weekend, now I just need the brush-up & skill test. Looks like we’ll be keeping the CAA’s licensing department busy for a couple of months! :)

See you on the 28th?

djk
4th Sep 2002, 22:46
Nice one, Evo :D

RotorHorn
5th Sep 2002, 07:45
well done bud.

Good effort with the MATZ. Glad to hear your a pilot with a brain.... there's a few round my neck of the woods that are missing their's.... ;)

What's next for the Evo-meister?

Coke611
5th Sep 2002, 18:54
Well done Evo!

You've inspired a lot of student pilots on PPRune (including me!).

So, after the skills test, is flyuing training complete? Or is there yet more to learn?

AerBabe
5th Sep 2002, 19:23
:rolleyes:

There is always more to learn. Even *shock horror* instructors don't know it all :eek:

Evo7
5th Sep 2002, 20:06
What's next? Bit of enjoyment for a start, and then I'm tempted to follow in AerBabe's footsteps and try and find a nice taildragger. Either that or some Aeros. Or maybe both :)

AerBabe
5th Sep 2002, 20:30
Both is a good way to go ;)
Climbed back into the C152 for the first time in almost three months this week, and my flying has improved a lot from the few hours I've done of taildragging ... and the tiny bit of aeros :)

CAVOK
5th Sep 2002, 21:10
Congrats Evo...........:D :D :D :D

The only thing is that I didn't feel like the real novice on this board, knowing that another PPRUNer from the same school was behind me, but you're catching up!! Help!

You haven't heard much from me recently because I have been waiting to get my hands on the TB20 (this month, I hope).

Fancy a weekday whirl? I should be fully checked out on it any day.

CAVOK

sennadog
7th Sep 2002, 13:05
Well done mate! Excellent stuff although I don't think that it was ever in doubt that you'd do it. I suppose you won't be needing that lift to Sywell now?:D

After two weeks away I've forgotten how to fly so I've got to get up soon, so hopefully I'll see you up there.

:)

Once again, nice one.

chilleruk1
7th Sep 2002, 15:39
Yes well done!

I'm getting close to taking my skill test and everytime I go flying now, I get nervous just anticipating the test :eek: