PDA

View Full Version : UAE412 turning back

physicus
16th Oct 2023, 08:55
I’m aboard UAE412, heard several compressor stalls climbing through FL250 now turning back to Dubai dumping fuel after a brief “debug” hold at FL260
@ SITSI

Just for info to preempt any wild speculations…

physicus
16th Oct 2023, 09:28
And we’re back on the ground in Dubai. Used the full runway length. Alls well that ends well. Supposedly will have a replacement flight in about 5h.

DaveReidUK
16th Oct 2023, 13:04
D@mn, I was looking forward to some wild speculation.

Alsacienne
16th Oct 2023, 18:48
@DaveReid ... when did the truth get in the way of a good story!!! :=:ok:

artee
16th Oct 2023, 21:10
@DavieReid ... when did the truth get in the way of a good story!!! :=:ok:
Clearly physicus is on the social media team at Emirates, and his job is to seed social media with their desired narrative. Who knows what really went on with UAE412...

physicus
17th Oct 2023, 04:11
I'm offended! What took you guys so long? 12h+ for a conspiratorial narrative to emerge ... is the story that bad? :)

FUMR
17th Oct 2023, 10:21
With all due respect physcius, it's a "nothing" story. Aircraft turn back for technical reasons somewhere in the world every day. I have been on one such flight and really didn't feel the need to mention it. It's nothing unusual.

physicus
18th Oct 2023, 07:05
The only reason I posted from on board and during the incident was to let those who potentially worry about loved ones on board know what's going on with a factual narrative. It's perhaps a nothing story after it ends well. Regardless, losing an RR Trent engine on an A380 remains an elusively rare occurrence and most certainly is not a nothing story to the crew who handled it. Out of all my former flightdeck colleagues who kept flying, I only know of one who experienced an engine issue requiring shutdown in 20 odd years now.

FUMR
18th Oct 2023, 16:49
I'm confident that the crew had practiced it many times in the simulator. They still had three good engines. As a passenger, I have experienced two engine failures in 50 odd years. The one time did, I admit, have me a little concerned as we only had one good engine remaining!