PDA

View Full Version : Date of Initial Issue on Licence.

Jump Complete
1st Oct 2023, 08:48
Good Morning,

Posting here because it seems a good place to ask a licensing question.
Date of initial issue of my ATPL was April 2013. That’s what was on the most recent issue of my licence after the latest type rating 3 years ago.
I have just received a new licence to include an aerobatics rating. Now, the date of initial issue states September 2023. I spoke to a chap in FCL who said this is correct. Any thoughts? Doesn’t seem right to me. Initial Issue would imply when I first gained the licence, surely, not just the adding of a secondary rating?
I’m talking about the UK CAA, by the way.

ahwalk01
1st Oct 2023, 11:32
This makes no sense. When a license is issued it automatically invalidates the previous version.

Whopity
1st Oct 2023, 12:04
Your new licence is a UK Part-FCL Licence, your previous licence was a UK EASA Licence so the new licence indicates the initial issue date of your UK Part-FCL Licence. Look at the front page, you will see the difference.

Jump Complete
1st Oct 2023, 16:46
Your new licence is a UK Part-FCL Licence, your previous licence was a UK EASA Licence so the new licence indicates the initial issue date of your UK Part-FCL Licence. Look at the front page, you will see the difference.

Whopity, thanks, that hadn’t occurred to me; the old licence does indeed say UK CAA European Union.. the new one UK CAA United Kingdom on the front. Makes sense as the last issue in early 2020 was pre change to back to the national licence.