PDA

View Full Version : bmi - To Be Resurrected?

jethro15
28th Sep 2023, 16:54
BMI British Midland (jetbmi.co.uk) (https://www.jetbmi.co.uk/)

EVELYN BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk) (https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11400729)

ImPlaneCrazy
28th Sep 2023, 17:00
Hmmm... does that website not look like the one that popped up for Monarch, and before that, Flybe #2? We all know how they went.

southamptonavgeek
28th Sep 2023, 17:12
Or the company has no knowledge that their name is being used on a website?

Sotonsean
28th Sep 2023, 17:16
I can't see this going anywhere 😂

British Airways purchased BMI in 2012, wouldn't the airline have the legitimate rights for the use of the name of the airline if it was to be reused?

The same applies with British Caledonian Airways I should imagine.

If I was to resurrect a previous British airline it would be BUA British United Airways. BCAL British Caledonian Airways being my all time favourite airline. But I think BUA British United Airways is a great name for an airline especially if it had an updated version of the former BMI livery.

jethro15
28th Sep 2023, 17:40
I have just been advised that this is indeed false. The website appeared earlier this week with a different company number of 14890271.

As of this afternoon, Evelyn Business Services and its lawyers are aware of this fake website, which, as has been pointed out, is very similar to the recent Monarch attempt. They are not resurrecting bmi.

southamptonavgeek
28th Sep 2023, 17:44
No surprises then. Company 14890271 is owned by a Mr Jaswinder Rekhi of India, apparently 43 years old.

DaveReidUK
28th Sep 2023, 17:54
Setting up a website is a lot easier than actually making anything happen.

BA318
28th Sep 2023, 18:59
I can't see this going anywhere 😂

British Airways purchased BMI in 2012, wouldn't the airline have the legitimate rights for the use of the name of the airline if it was to be reused?

The same applies with British Caledonian Airways I should imagine.

If I was to resurrect a previous British airline it would be BUA British United Airways. BCAL British Caledonian Airways being my all time favourite airline. But I think BUA British United Airways is a great name for an airline especially if it had an updated version of the former BMI livery.

Wouldn't the rights be with Loganair's parent or whoever bought it from the remains of Bmi Regional? They rebranded to flybmi with the same logo before they went bust so must have had permission from somewhere.

Sotonsean
28th Sep 2023, 19:36
Wouldn't the rights be with Loganair's parent or whoever bought it from the remains of Bmi Regional? They rebranded to flybmi with the same logo before they went bust so must have had permission from somewhere.

Your absolutely correct, to be honest I had completely overlooked BMI Regional 🫢

It wasn't that long ago, but what with everything that's gone on since their demise in February 2019 it certainly seems ages ago.

Jerbourg
29th Sep 2023, 07:52
Let's stop giving these idiots the publicity they so obviously crave or they are going to do this with every defunct airline.

ATNotts
29th Sep 2023, 09:06
Hopefully the rightful owners of the trademarks and logo will make an example of this prat, and hit him in the wallet.