PDA

View Full Version : DTY and LIC Radar Video Corridors

SATCO
26th Sep 2023, 14:41
Does anyone recall the FIXES for the DTY and LIC RVCs... it's so long ago that I've forgotten what they were, even though it was a regular occurrence to hand the FPL back to the skipper with the retort "yes, very good sir, now go away and do it properly..."!

chevvron
27th Sep 2023, 11:04
Don't recall the 'fixes'; we just used to pre-note about 10 min ahead then call back with the handover mind you the last one I did was in 2008 then I retired!

SATCO
27th Sep 2023, 13:37
Thanks for that... I know how you feel! I finished in '97 but I seem to recall BZN-WCO-CAM somewhere along the lines... I'm sure that was for DTY.

chevvron
27th Sep 2023, 17:03
Ah now the WCO 'corridor' was different; it was higher (about FL200) and it ran just along the northern edge of Luton's airspace. It was established because traffic on the airway was either in level flight well above about FL245 or it was climbing out from or descending into the LTMA and thus below FL200 so there was this 'gap' just north of the LTMA which could be used easier than the DTY or LIC slots..

SATCO
30th Sep 2023, 16:21
I remember the WCO corridor... it was 200 and 210. And I think LIC was 110 and 190. But again, I don't recall the fixes (entry, mid and exit) for any of them... although as I said earlier, I seem to recollect BZN-WCO-CAM being one set. Well known in their day for the amount of errors they generated when they were flight planned... if I sent one back in all my time there, I sent a million back!

Il Duce
15th Oct 2023, 17:53
I recall that the West end of LIC RVC 'fix' was Cosford (COS). FL 140 these days.

The laconic atco
15th Oct 2023, 19:40
I remember that the Swindon and WCO corridors were at FL230 &FL240 based on BDN-BZN-I can't recall the eastern end. They were installed to allow mil a/c to route from East Anglia to the South West without formal airways clearance. They were activated with I think 10 minutes notice. I am sure of the lower level because Bristol inbounds were coordinated from LMS to BRS sector at FL220 below the corridor. Similarly with Birmingham inbounds to DTY sector.

That's all I have to say on this.