PDA

View Full Version : ATC Chaos at LHR.

scifi
30th Aug 2023, 13:08
Hi All, it is surprising that the recent LHR chaotic situation is not being mentioned in this forum.
My bet is that it could be caused by Puttin's team of Hackers.

chevvron
30th Aug 2023, 14:33
Hi All, it is surprising that the recent LHR chaotic situation is not being mentioned in this forum.
My bet is that it could be caused by Puttin's team of Hackers.
It IS being mentioned in 'Rumours and News'; about 6 pages.
(Just don't mention the war. :rolleyes:)

wiggy
30th Aug 2023, 15:35
Wot Chevron said....^^^

It was a nationwide issue that clobbered multiple airports, not just LHR.

As a result the discussion is on the appropriately R&N thread: "U.K. NATS System Failure"

DaveReidUK
30th Aug 2023, 16:16
Silly Billy, expecting to find discussion of a major ATC issue in the, er, ATC Issues Forum. :O

chevvron
30th Aug 2023, 17:02
Silly Billy, expecting to find discussion of a major ATC issue in the, er, ATC Issues Forum. :O
So was I but ORAC got in first.

kontrolor
14th Sep 2023, 17:21
it was a glitch in FDPS that caused it to shut down. NATS has issued a long and very informational report on it.

chevvron
14th Sep 2023, 17:50
it was a glitch in FDPS that caused it to shut down. NATS has issued a long and very informational report on it.
Apparently happens about once a month in the USA.

The laconic atco
14th Sep 2023, 19:17
There will have uncertainty amongst the airlines and other users of ATC services as to when normal service would be recommenced.

I very much doubt that there was CHAOS in any of the Ops rooms around the Nats network.
This situation will have been managed as soon a problem was identified.
The thread title is therefore inaccurate and an affront to the professionalism of this country's ATCOs.

kontrolor
14th Sep 2023, 22:54
agree. The measure of reducing service was in fact used in order to avoid chaos in the air. Perfectly normal in abnormal situation.

chevvron
15th Sep 2023, 09:37
Report on LBC last night (14 Sep) that Gatwick had problems due to lack of ATC staff but looking on FR24, although there were quite a few holding, (quite normal for late evening) it seemed to be flowing freely.