View Full Version : EASA PPL (A) with Class 2 Med and LAPL privileges

Freefly170
25th Aug 2023, 08:10
I hold a PPL A on a class 2 medical, which states both an expiry date for the Class 2 and also one for LAPL. Can I continue to fly past my class 2 expiry date, observing only LAPL privileges, until such time as I renew my Class 2 or do i have to renew the Class 2 based on the fact that my actual license is a PPL A ?

I’ve checked previous forum posts and I know that with other licenses it is possible to observe the privileges of the lower license in some cases, but just not sure with a PPL

thanks

Piper.Classique
25th Aug 2023, 10:52
Yes, that will work.

Freefly170
25th Aug 2023, 13:41
Thanks PC !

Whopity
2nd Sep 2023, 14:49
Just remember that your LAPL privileges on an EASA licence will not allow you to fly in the UK any more.

Freefly170
2nd Sep 2023, 16:31
Yes thanks Whopity, I do intend to renew my class 2 so that i can restore the EASA PPL privileges which will allow me to fly back to UK !

Helicopterdriverguy
24th Oct 2023, 14:55
Would the same apply to a easa ppl/h holder (not ex uk easa licence ) to use LAPL privileges whilst flying in easa states if so can anyone provide the relevant narrative

Whopity
26th Oct 2023, 17:26
FCL.040 Exercise of the privileges of licences
The exercise of the privileges granted by a licence shall be dependent upon the validity of the ratings contained therein, if applicable, and of the medical certificate as appropriate to the privileges exercised.
Your question raises one or two other issues,
You state EASA licence, so Yes you can operate in other EASA States however; your airfield indicates you might be in the UK where an EASA licence is no longer valid on G Reg aircraft!
If you had a UK Part FCL licence, LAPL privileges would not be valid outside the UK in EASA States!