PDA

View Full Version : Avionics engineer

Maarten
1st Sep 2002, 07:59
I wonder if anyone can offer advice. On our group C-172, the DME has not worked as long as I have been a member of the group and NAV1 only seems to work when you push on the panel. The DME shows some activity but does not give a meaningful readout at all.
Can anyone recommend an avionics engineer (preferably in the Southeast, UK) who charges reasonable rates to have a look at this for us?

Maarten

bluskis
1st Sep 2002, 20:15
try Stableford Tawney

TheKentishFledgling
1st Sep 2002, 20:17
Marteen!

I see you're from Canterbury - I'm from Bridge! Where do you fly from?

Cheers,
tKF

QDMQDMQDM
1st Sep 2002, 20:22
John Cook who works for Iscavia in Exeter is outstanding.

QDM

Keef
1st Sep 2002, 22:08
I must be careful what I say, or I could get into trouble...

I've been deeply messed around by avionics firms who don't do what they say, and don't deliver a fix when promised.

Stapleford, Southend, and certain airfields in Kent have failed the test.

One at Staverton, however, scored well - it was a lot cheaper to fly the aircraft over there for attention, than to try to get it done in the South East.

A and C
2nd Sep 2002, 05:46
If you are inthe south east then Gatwick avionics (north) at stapleford are the people to talk to.

Make sure that you talk to them direct and not to the people at gatwick avionics at redhill as (to be polite) the mob at redhill seem to only know the heavy end of the GA avionics market.

Maarten
2nd Sep 2002, 07:38
Thanks for the replies everyone, I will start making some inquiries.

:TKF
I see you're from Canterbury - I'm from Bridge! Where do you fly from?

Same as you: Manston. On the apron of TG, G-BFTX is the last but one on the left, just in front of the Aerobat.