PDA

View Full Version : Training on different registered aircraft

Straighten Up
30th Jul 2023, 18:08
I run an Easa (Spanish) dto and we are looking to add uk CAA dto as well. I hold both uk and easa instructor certificates. Can instruct for uk Licence on an EC-reg and similarly for an Easa licence in a G-reg *in easa airspace*.

Would appreciate any fcl references.

Many thanks.

awair
30th Jul 2023, 20:03
This link may help:

https://www.caa.co.uk/general-aviation/pilot-training-organisations/information-for-pilot-training-organisations/

Good luck.

Whopity
31st Jul 2023, 11:26
That reference doesn't really answer the question. You can teach in Spain on the Spanish Registerd aircraft, but presumably you need permission from the Spanish to teach on a G-Reg aircraft in Spain. Your qualifications allow you to teach on a G-Reg wherever it may be, but that doesn't consider local regulations. The problem goes further when you come to send your student solo, they would need dual medical certificates! I have heard that the CAA will not recognise a DTO outside the UK, they have in the pastt and one school has been given contradictory information regarding this. Policy and GAD are not on the same wavelength! See you PM

awair
31st Jul 2023, 19:20
That reference doesn't really answer the question. You can teach in Spain on the Spanish Registerd aircraft, but presumably you need permission from the Spanish to teach on a G-Reg aircraft in Spain. Your qualifications allow you to teach on a G-Reg wherever it may be, but that doesn't consider local regulations. The problem goes further when you come to send your student solo, they would need dual medical certificates! I have heard that the CAA will not recognise a DTO outside the UK, they have in the pastt and one school has been given contradictory information regarding this. Policy and GAD are not on the same wavelength! See you PM

The link confirms that you cannot have a DTO outside the UK.

the UK Regulations do not allow for DTOs to exist outside of the UK

Whopity
31st Jul 2023, 19:27
That said I know of one!