PDA

View Full Version : Is there any description for configuration warning for A320?

leffsu
8th Jun 2023, 09:29
There are some T.O warning from Fcom:
CONFIG RUD TRIM NOT IN TO RANGE
CONFIG PITCH TRIM NOT IN TO RANGE
F/CTL PITCH TRIM/MCDU/CG DISAGREE
T.O SPEEDS TOO LOW
Is there any chance to get the parameters for details? eg. How much degrees can be triggered for the RUD TRIM warning?

Luc Lion
8th Jun 2023, 12:42
Private pilot here, so no experience of the A320.
However, I can read in the A320 FCOM (version from 17-OCT-2017):

AIRCRAFT TRIMMING
Ident.: DSC-27-20-10-70-00002179.0001001 / 09 DEC 09
Applicable to: ALL
When the aircraft is :
‐ In normal cruise range (around M .77),
‐ In straight flight,
‐ With the autopilot engaged,
‐ With symmetrical engine thrust, and
‐ With fuel in the wing tanks distributed symmetrically,
the rudder trim should stay between 1 ° right and 2.3 ° left.
Note:
This indication corresponds to a true rudder deflection within ± 1.5 °, taking into account the
permanent offset of rudder trim indication, when the aircraft is in cruise conditions. (average
0.5 ° right, 0.8 ° left).
An indicated, rudder trim above 1 ° right or 2.3 ° left is acceptable, if maintenance personnel
establishes that the corresponding real rudder position is within 1.5 ° left, and 1.5 ° right.
These values 1 ° right or 2.3 ° left are quoted in other places of the FCTM, so maybe they are also considered as the standard valid range for take-off configuration check.

leffsu
8th Jun 2023, 12:50
Thank you for replying!
I can get those info on the FCOM. But I guess this is in the phase of cruise and have nothing to do with the conf warning……maybe.

Luc Lion
8th Jun 2023, 13:15
I don't find any document where the numeric values for "CONFIG PITCH TRIM NOT IN T.O. RANGE" and "CONFIG RUD TRIM NOT IN T.O. RANGE" are quoted.
But since they are "no dispatch" items in the MEL, I expect that these values could be found in the maintenance manuals.

OPEN DES
8th Jun 2023, 19:14
Pitch trim: out of green band (A320 variant specific)
rudder trim: more than 3.6 units L/R

leffsu
9th Jun 2023, 02:32
Thx!Is there any document I can refer to?