PDA

View Full Version : EASA SIB on Possible Risks Emerging During Summer 2023

ATC Watcher
6th Jun 2023, 11:09
At last EASA is reacting to what we have all ben saying since 2 years : severe lack of trained staff in many areas in our business will seriously disrupt the system this summer. Traffic is high, not enough staff , lack of proper supervsion , fatigue, . and adding commercial pressure also, are not a good combination .
When performing risk assessments, consider interactions between different safety issues (e.g. potential lack of qualified staff and fatigue) that are relevant to their activities or operations.
o Ensure that operational pressure will not adversely impact the reporting and safety culture in their organisations.
o Emphasise, at all levels, the importance of fostering a positive safety culture that
encourages staff to report occurrences and hazards with confidence.

the whole bulletin is dowloadable here : https://ad.easa.europa.eu/ad/2023-05

shore leave
6th Jun 2023, 13:02
This summer looks like it may be a big challenge. The contractors that made up shortages in the past are simply not available any more.

70 Mustang
6th Jun 2023, 13:49
The 65 age limit is the "artificial, arbitrary" barrier.

Superpilot
6th Jun 2023, 14:31
Deferred:

Due nil spares
Due lack of time
Extension requested

My current outfit has a fleet of 60 aircraft and 837 open defects. No one is talking about the dire lack of spare parts and engineers to keep aircraft fully serviceable. I haven't flown aircraft in such poor condition ever in my career. This is all happening in Europe.

Asturias56
7th Jun 2023, 08:27
Not just Europe - look at the USA, Canada, Australia.....................

His dudeness
12th Jun 2023, 19:51
Well in my "world" (business jet) the training pipeline is about to collapse. Now waiting for a type rating for an additional pilot - 1 year waiting time with luck.