PDA

View Full Version : RAT MAN ON pb A320

StrIA
6th May 2023, 10:02
Hello pilots A320!
Who can explain about RAT (RAM AIR TURBINE).
I’ve question. What is difference for use between RAT MAN ON pb (HYDRAULIC SYSTEM) and RAT MAN ON pb (EMER ELEC PWR)
FCOM says:
HYD
RAT MAN ON pb. The flight crew may extend the RAT at any time by pressing the RAT MAN ON pushbutton.
Note:The RAT extends automatically if AC BUS 1 and AC BUS 2 are lost. (Refer to Overhead Panel (Cont'd))

EMER ELEC PWR
RAT MAN ON pb (guarded)
AUTO:
When the following conditions are met:
AC BUS 1 is not electrically supplied, and
AC BUS 2 is not electrically supplied, and
Aircraft speed is greater than 100 kt.
• The RAT extends, and
• The blue hydraulic system drives the emergency generator.
As soon as the emergency generator electrical parameters are within tolerance the emergency generator is connected to the aircraft network.

vilas
6th May 2023, 11:35
Want RAT only for hydraulic power use hydraulic panel. If you also want to power AC ESS to be powered by emergency generator go EMER ELEC panel.

k.swiss
7th May 2023, 06:21
Want RAT only for hydraulic power use hydraulic panel. If you also want to power AC ESS to be powered by emergency generator go EMER ELEC panel.

Same as I was told but can't seem to find it anywhere. Ofcourse I can just accept it but would be nice to see an application of it.

Thanks however.

pineteam
7th May 2023, 14:52
Just try it in the sim when you have a chance. If you deploy the RAT from the Hydraulic panel the EMER GEN won’t be energised. That’s the only difference I believe.

k.swiss
8th May 2023, 18:24
Just try it in the sim when you have a chance. If you deploy the RAT from the Hydraulic panel the EMER GEN won’t be energised. That’s the only difference I believe.

No I am a low-hours FO. No such luxury of pushing buttons I'm afraid, just in and out, yes Captain thank you Captain and hope to pass.

vilas
8th May 2023, 18:37
No I am a low-hours FO. No such luxury of pushing buttons I'm afraid, just in and out, yes Captain thank you Captain and hope to pass.
Look at the diagram in electrical system about ELEC EMER. It will show two different solenoids that operate from different positions leading to blue hydraulics.

k.swiss
8th May 2023, 20:48
Look at the diagram in electrical system about ELEC EMER. It will show two different solenoids that operate from different positions leading to blue hydraulics.

Highly appreciated. Understood it now, cheers.

pineteam
9th May 2023, 05:56

Haha! I know the feeling.. Been there. But if you have a nice TRE/TRI who’s not in a rush to go home after your sim session done and some time left; That’s your chance to do these kind of experiments. Enjoy the Bus =)

k.swiss
9th May 2023, 07:43
Haha! I know the feeling.. Been there. But if you have a nice TRE/TRI who’s not in a rush to go home after your sim session done and some time left; That’s your chance to do these kind of experiments. Enjoy the Bus =)

Cheers!