PDA

View Full Version : SRG1107 Course Completion Certificate

Level Attitude
4th May 2023, 14:17
CAA have recently (April 2023) updated both SRG1107 and SRG1157

1) Does anyone actually use Form SRG1107 for SEP Revalidation by Experience?
Since Revalidations do not require any mandatory training, it seems, to me, very
incongruous to use a 'Course Completion Certificate' for such an Administrative Action.
If the CAA really wants Examiners / FCL.945 Instructors to itemise that the experience
requirements are met, then Section 3.1 of SRG1107 would be better placed in
Form SRG1157 (plenty of room).

2) Are Course Completion Certificates required for Renewal of IRR/IMC Ratings?
I do not believe so, especially as there is nowhere to indicate an IMC Rating on SRG1107. However, I have heard of instances where the CAA demanded such Forms, so am currently modifying as best I can, and sending in along with the SRG1176.

gipsymagpie
7th May 2023, 10:10
CAA have recently (April 2023) updated both SRG1107 and SRG1157

1) Does anyone actually use Form SRG1107 for SEP Revalidation by Experience?
Since Revalidations do not require any mandatory training, it seems, to me, very
incongruous to use a 'Course Completion Certificate' for such an Administrative Action.
If the CAA really wants Examiners / FCL.945 Instructors to itemise that the experience
requirements are met, then Section 3.1 of SRG1107 would be better placed in
Form SRG1157 (plenty of room).

2) Are Course Completion Certificates required for Renewal of IRR/IMC Ratings?
I do not believe so, especially as there is nowhere to indicate an IMC Rating on SRG1107. However, I have heard of instances where the CAA demanded such Forms, so am currently modifying as best I can, and sending in along with the SRG1176.
Not sure about point 2 but SRG1107 for renewal by experience makes zero sense. You're permitted as an FCL.945 instructor or examiner to sign the licence in the field (and then submit SRG1157). I imagine the intended scenario for SRG 1107 would be if the instructor/examiner did not want to sign up the licence but then they have to sign the SRG1107 so...?

Actually the one tiny instance might be that the candidate's licence is full and there's no extension sheets available. Then the candidate would need to apply online but even then the SRG1157 is a better form for the purpose, although again not particularly well titled - since in the scenario there may be no "examiner" to report.

Whopity
7th May 2023, 18:33
Actually the one tiny instance might be that the candidate's licence is full and there's no extension sheets available. The extension sheets are available from the CAA by simply requesting them.
1107 is for use where a Course Completion Certificate is required. Not required for revalidation or IMC.

BigEndBob
8th May 2023, 16:24
Why are the CAA not capable producing forms one page long, easier to scan and send.
Rather than do all forms.
We had a CAA inspection, i had a good moan about the course completion for PPL.
I said it only needed a very simple statement form, not 4 pages long.
As examiner i don't want to see any training information of the candidate other than course completion statement.
(Two of us examiners have decided not to re-validate next year, we have had enough).

Whopity
8th May 2023, 16:44
(Two of us examiners have decided not to re-validate next year, we have had enough).
Sadly this is happening more and more. I see Mr Haines who reshaped the CAA is now CEO at Great British Railways on a mere £585,000 - £589,999