PDA

View Full Version : GA Airport software question

Mr Grimsdale
12th Apr 2023, 08:27
I'm doing some research into the software and applications used by GA Airports. Does anyone have any information on the products used by airports these days?
As a private pilot I've seen CloudbaseGA, but what else is there?
Are there applications for logging flights, billing visiting aeroplane owners, booking fuel, booking catering etc?
It would be good to hear about any experiences you have.

chevvron
12th Apr 2023, 09:51
I'm doing some research into the software and applications used by GA Airports. Does anyone have any information on the products used by airports these days?
Are there applications for logging flights, billing visiting aeroplane owners, booking fuel, booking catering etc?
Never heard of 'Cloudbase GA' but my local airfield has a computerised movements log and payments for landing fees, parking and fuel are fed into this to permit bills to be quickly processed for payment by card, cheque or cash; they are not put on an account.
At my previous airfield, we also had a 'Copperchase' system for flight plan processing; 'live' arriving plans and 'pending' departure plans were automatically printed onto flight progress strips for the controllers to work with.

mike current
12th Apr 2023, 17:01
From the flight planning and AFTN side of things, AFPEx is the current industry standard. (Google Nats AFPEX for details).
Not sure about the other requirements. That's one for handling agents.

Mr Grimsdale
12th Apr 2023, 18:11
Thank you chevron and mike current

chevron, which airfield in Surrey are you referring to Redhill or Fairoaks?

chevvron
12th Apr 2023, 20:11
Thank you chevron and mike current

chevron, which airfield in Surrey are you referring to Redhill or Fairoaks?
Fairoaks; Blackbushe had similar software but this may have changed a few years ago with a change of management.

Mr Grimsdale
16th Apr 2023, 04:56
Thanks.
I'd be really interested to know what software Biggin and Farnborough use.

chevvron
16th Apr 2023, 10:38
Thanks.
I'd be really interested to know what software Biggin and Farnborough use.
I know nothing about the 'ops' setup at Biggin however the FBO at Farnborough handles everything themselves apart from aforementioned 'Copperchase' system used by ATC for flight plans..