PDA

View Full Version : A320 Tank fuel quantity is boxed in half

mfclearner
31st Mar 2023, 02:49
What does it mean if the Tank fuel quantity is boxed in half amber? I am unable to find it in FCOM. It only talks about half amber box under FOB indication.
Also if you start both the Engines with all Tank Pumps off what will it indicate on ECAM Fuel Page will it show half amber boxes under Fuel Quantities in each tank? and any other indication.

ScepticalOptomist
31st Mar 2023, 03:30
What does it mean if the Tank fuel quantity is boxed in half amber? I am unable to find it in FCOM. It only talks about half amber box under FOB indication.
Also if you start both the Engines with all Tank Pumps off what will it indicate on ECAM Fuel Page will it show half amber boxes under Fuel Quantities in each tank? and any other indication.

Is this what you’re after?

- The center tank indication is boxed amber if both center tank pumps are failed or switched OFF.

mfclearner
31st Mar 2023, 04:55
No, it is not what I mean. I am asking about half amber box. Not a complete amber box.

vilas
31st Mar 2023, 07:04
No, it is not what I mean. I am asking about half amber box. Not a complete amber box.
The indication is half-boxed in amber, if: Center tank pumps fail, or are switched OFF. Both transfer valves fail to open, when the inner tank is at low level. Any ACT@ is not usable. Ident: DSC-28-20

mfclearner
31st Mar 2023, 09:57
The indication is half-boxed in amber, if: Center tank pumps fail, or are switched OFF. Both transfer valves fail to open, when the inner tank is at low level. Any ACT@ is not usable. Ident: DSC-28-20

I believe the above is for the half-amber box under the FOB indication and not for the half-amber box under Tank Fuel Quantity.

Rocket3837
1st Apr 2023, 12:32
If I recall, the amber half box indication is specific to the total FOB only. The individual tank qty will not be half boxed in amber.....either fully boxed in amber/green....
half boxed in amber means part of FOB is not usable (could be ctr/inners/trim tanks)....
Thanks

Rocket3837
1st Apr 2023, 12:33
If I recall, the amber half box indication is specific to the total FOB only. The individual tank qty will not be half boxed in amber.....either fully boxed in amber/green....
half boxed in amber means part of FOB is not usable (could be ctr/inners/trim tanks)....
Thanks