PDA

View Full Version : Major Bootlicking

LootedfromCPA
30th Mar 2023, 17:35
Sooner or later, actually even as we speak the Cathay is actively recruiting cadets from the mainland. Whether you see this as good or bad, it is really up for you to decide. Personally having flown with local cadets, the english standards have really taken a huge toll. Some guys fail to understand the basics of aviation lingo. No offense, but how far can the standards drop once the mainland cadets start flowing through that recruitment centre? Better yet, how far can this company go to bootlick the mainland overlords? 🤔

Babyjet_dododo
31st Mar 2023, 00:23
Sooner or later, actually even as we speak the Cathay is actively recruiting cadets from the mainland. Whether you see this as good or bad, it is really up for you to decide. Personally having flown with local cadets, the english standards have really taken a huge toll. Some guys fail to understand the basics of aviation lingo. No offense, but how far can the standards drop once the mainland cadets start flowing through that recruitment centre? Better yet, how far can this company go to bootlick the mainland overlords? 🤔

Difference is, Chinese carriers have a translator on the flight deck for international flights. I believe the majority will fail even getting level 4 English.

Climbpowder
31st Mar 2023, 01:20

Did you start this thread just to complain about...? How is your life doing bro?

lucille
31st Mar 2023, 02:46
Difference is, Chinese carriers have a translator on the flight deck for international flights. I believe the majority will fail even getting level 4 English.

Interesting. Does this mean the QRH and checklists are all in Putonghua? What about international approach plates?

No reason they should be in English, I suppose.

Babyjet_dododo
31st Mar 2023, 04:08
Interesting. Does this mean the QRH and checklists are all in Putonghua? What about international approach plates?

No reason they should be in English, I suppose.

Probably dual languages.

MENELAUS
31st Mar 2023, 05:48
Probably dual languages.

Apparently one of them Klingon according to _reticuli.

airdualbleedfault
24th Apr 2023, 04:55
Can confirm this

Posterizing
24th Apr 2023, 17:12
Can confirm this

do you know how well they pay the translators? (in peanuts).... asking for a "friend" obviously

MENELAUS
25th Apr 2023, 00:50
How are Mrs Bootlicking and the kids faring these days ?

Gaisha
25th Apr 2023, 01:17
Above all , they are cheap and that is exactly what cathay wants. If you want to make a career out of flying , best move elsewhere and leave Cathay for the locals. It’s their home airline after all. And once the swire logo is removed , it will be even more of a reminder who is running the show. Meanwhile , the windows of opportunity would have closed outside and you’ll be stuck flying in an airline that will continue to trim remuneration.

dera
26th Apr 2023, 08:40

100% incorrect. They all have Level 6 English.
From that Chinese examiner who fails English native speakers because they can not understand a word he is saying.