PDA

View Full Version : CAA Course completion 5016 issue7

foxmoth
17th Mar 2023, 15:10
Has anyone worked out how to fill out section 11 of this? Some discussion over what the point of the “additional dual instruction and/or supervised solo flight time” line is - do you only put 25/10 hours in the first two lines and then extra in the third line or what?

Whopity
17th Mar 2023, 21:18
Put in whatever you want, so long as you acheive the minimums in each category. Sadly, another indication of how little the form makers know about the purpose of the forms they are making and the lack of any quality control before they are released.

BigEndBob
20th Mar 2023, 16:16
Another form not needed. So examiner needs to see this form, but as an examiner i don't want to see what hours a candidate has done. All i need, as before, is a signature in a box from the school to say course is complete.
Just looked at form once more to remind me.
Why ask for the additional dual solo. That can be gleaned from what is written in the other two boxes.
Perhaps no one at CAA can subtract 25 and 10.

foxmoth
20th Mar 2023, 16:44
Another form not needed. So examiner needs to see this form, but as an examiner i don't want to see what hours a candidate has done. All i need, as before, is a signature in a box from the school to say course is complete.
Just looked at form once more to remind me.
Why ask for the additional dual solo. That can be gleaned from what is written in the other two boxes.
Perhaps no one at CAA can subtract 25 and 10.

With my examiner hat on I agree but as an instructor I need to fill these for my own students and the CAA seems to be particularly fussy about things being filled properly these days (though often they don't really know what is correct anyway) so it would be good to know what they expect here!