PDA

View Full Version : Flying at Glasgow

GFCpilot
29th Aug 2002, 22:02
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on PPrune !!!

I just wanted to hear what people thought of Glasgow Flying Club. I have been a member now for 3 years and fly as a PPL from there. Having learnt to fly at Perth airport on a flying scholarship and then the rest of my ppl at GFC, I have experience of both the flying school and the flying club and I must say that the club atmosphere is much more appealing. The experience of flying from a busy international airport is second to none, with the challenging radio calls, strict entry/exit routes, and the opportunity to 'line up after the departing 767'!!! The local flying area at glasgow is second to none with fantastic views over loch lomond. The western islands are only a short hop away and there are plenty of back seat trips going. As a non profit making club, the costs are cheaper, and the club atmosphere makes for a friendly welcome. Our instructors are NOT hour-building as in other schools and this makes for better quality tuition. Overall, having visited several clubs/schools in the UK, i cannot see past GFC.

GFCpilot.