PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant in Le Touquet

Agaricus bisporus
29th Aug 2002, 14:23
Anyone know if the fish restaurant in Le Touquet is still there, and if so if it is still any good?

Ant other recommendations for a restaurant there, or others close to airfields nearbynearby?

I'm planning a lunchaway soon and as its a long time since I did this I'm a bit out of touch.

Names, numbers and web addresses for bookings much appreciated.

Thanks!

Keef
29th Aug 2002, 18:35
If you mean Pérard, I think it's still there ;)

Give LFAT ATC a call and ask them - they're bound to know.

AC-DC
29th Aug 2002, 20:25
Swiss Vilage opposite Westminster Hotel is a nice with good food but it is not cheap.

A and C
30th Aug 2002, 07:28
Pernard is not just a restaurant its an institution !.

I am happy to report that it is still going strong but as with all of france this time of year the "grand vacance" may affect the hours of business.

CamelPilot
30th Aug 2002, 09:20
There was, I imagine it is still there now, Les Voyageurs hotel and restaurant across the river in Etaples, opposite the Station I think. The taxi drivers know it.

The best Fruits der Mer you EVER tasted! Makes my mouth water just to think of it. :D

Fly Stimulator
17th Feb 2003, 16:16
Just to revive this thread in time for the new season, I found an excellent little restaurant in Le Touquet yesterday which I had never noticed before.

It's called Les Deux Moineaux (The Two Sparrows) and it's at 12, rue St Jean which is the central street that leads from the taxi drop-off area down to the seafront. It's up some narrow steps at first floor level and has no English translation on the menu which seems to keep the hordes at bay. Just a little place, but very cosy and excellent food.

And, as others have already reported, Pérard is very much still in business. I have six jars of their fish soup to prove it :p

All other recommendations on this important topic welcomed!

Cusco
17th Feb 2003, 18:58
Last time I was at Le Touq was last autumn (by car - sob ;-( ), I went to Rest Perard: It was very much there though I have to say our meal was spoiled by a touch of fin-de-saison refurbishment with workmen all around ripping out the shop front as we ate.

Couldn't believe it! Electric drills/sawdust etc.

Still I'm sure its all done now and worth every euro of it.Safe flying Cusco

distaff_beancounter
18th Feb 2003, 07:49
Six packs of this soup, either all fish or mixed 2 each of fish, crap, lobster, can now be purchased at the airport, on your way home. So saves lugging it around town. :)

Wide-Body
18th Feb 2003, 10:13
DB

I really hope you mean Carp soup:D

Wide

Fly Stimulator
18th Feb 2003, 11:58
Actually, it's crab soup!

You can indeed get it at the airfield too, though of course in the shop in town you can get the little jars of rouille to go with it as well as all those lovely packs of marinated anchovies, one of which unfortunately leaked in the aircraft and the car on the way home on Sunday :eek:

distaff_beancounter
18th Feb 2003, 15:08
OOOPPPs Sorry! :O I meant crab - HONEST

But its knot mi phault ......
..... thiz PC is just c**p at spielling... :)

Aussie Andy
18th Feb 2003, 15:20
A crazy question perhaps, given that the French generally regard foreign vegetarians as wierd, and French vegetarians as traitors... but can anyone recommend which if any of the restaurants near LFAT are able to cater for vegetarians in a reasonable manner!?

Fly Stimulator
18th Feb 2003, 15:31
If the vegetarian is a fish eater they'll be spoilt for choice. If not, they may be reduced to one of the pizza joints!

Monocock
18th Feb 2003, 15:54
Aussie Andy

If you are a vegetarian can I be rude and ask what you slap on the barby down under??

In my experience every Australian I have met who asks how he/she likes their steak done reply............." knock it on the head, wipe its arse and drag it in".

Aussie Andy
18th Feb 2003, 16:01
Holy cliche batman! A common misconception - don't believe everything you see on Neighbours mate!

No, there are many vegetarians in Australia. Many are, like me, overweight and forty, whats more ;)

I have been vegetarian for over 16 years, and I don't eat fish. Hey ho - I could do with a diet anyway :)