View Full Version : Finnair seeking D/E pilots

Fadec Off
29th Aug 2002, 12:29
You can apply if,

you have ATPL or CPL+frozen atpl, turboprop or jet typerating, 500+ multicrew time logged and have good command in FINNISH.

Ref. www.finnair.fi

Brenoch
30th Aug 2002, 05:42
Mrs Brenoch is Finnish.. How long do you recon it will take for me to learn?? :D

Fadec Off
30th Aug 2002, 08:24
Maybe you'll be finished before...;):)
No really it won't be hard, even child can do it in Finland.

Koff
1st Sep 2002, 08:57
Does anyone know how many pilots they are taking?
This may mean serious trouble to Botnia and Golden in Finland.

Fadec Off
1st Sep 2002, 11:59
There has been talking about fifteen pilots to be taken as D/E.
Yes, one can speculate about a harm it causes to rivals in Finland.
IF, once again IF, AY hires 15 jet pilots from, let's say Finnish regional carrier which is well connected to somebody. We could call rival company for example as AirJumbolino;)
AirJumbolino has, let's say 60 jet rated pilots. 15/60 means 25% and that is a big loss. Again, if ten out of fifteen are captains and five are first officers. Training a qualified captain takes lot of money and more important a long time, training a F/O takes lot of money. In both cases you also need to find all those pilots...
If AirJumbolino has six crews for one plane it means that fifteen equals to seven crew and loss of seven crews means grounding of one aircraft immediately or reducing usage of aircrafts, no good.

JJflyer
5th Sep 2002, 19:21
Isn´t having 6 crews per plane a bit much... How much does a pilot average in flight and duty hours per month with "AirJumboliino" ? Eipä muuta kun kiitti vaan ja Thunder:D

Onko kellään tietoa millaisella palkalla D/E perämies aloitaa ja mihin kone tyyppiin uudet sijoitetaan? Kun ei huvittaisi enään tässä vaiheessa uraa ruveta sahaamaan Kuopion ja Joensuun yöpyviä, edellyttäen tietenkin että kävis säka ja pääsisi AY-puulaakiin duuniin.
Mä olen kuullut huhua A320 sarjasta kun kuulemma ATR ja muut fleetit on täynnä. Juttu kiertää... joo.

Nick Figaretto
6th Sep 2002, 06:18
Ei saa peittää. In English, please? :)

Bengt Engel
6th Sep 2002, 08:38
ok, I know this is the nordic forum and not the scandi anymore but what the f*** were you just saying?????

I could make out D/E, A320 and ATR.....:D

JJflyer
6th Sep 2002, 10:39
OK...

BAsically I was asking what kind of salary and routes can a direct entry F/O excpect to get. Also I have heard rumours that A320 fleet is where new guys start as other fleets are full. Then I commented the 6 crews with AirJumbolino. I think that this is a high number ? So thats it in a nut shell...

Oh yes Ei saa peittää= Do not cover. :D :D :D :D

TheDrop
7th Sep 2002, 15:49
Nick,

Did you look at the nearest electric heater - because those are the only Finish words I know as well ... "do not cover" apart from the obvious, of course.

Bengt Engel
7th Sep 2002, 22:45
my breakfast cereals says something in line with hasselpäkinnä....and my morning cup of choklate milk goes; lahustub hästi nii kulmas kui ka soojas piimas....:D :D :D

Nick Figaretto
8th Sep 2002, 00:00
TheDrop: I read that every morning when I'm on the bog. :D :D :D

Hogg
8th Sep 2002, 01:45
Kiitos http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/guin.gif

dick badcock
8th Sep 2002, 10:34
JJflyer, the airline I work for (single type airline) crew about 6 to an aircraft, and we fly an average of about 75 a month. Some of the low cost airlines crew as little as 4-5 crew per aircraft and as we know they are guaranteed to fly 900 hours a year. SAS on the other hand crew more like 7.5 to an aircraft. The main reason for this is that SAS flies long haul which has completely different crewing requirements than smaller regional/european carriers. Also the fact that Finnair and SAS have mixed fleets add to the number of crews required as they are not as flexible to roster as a single type operator would be.

Fadec Off
8th Sep 2002, 12:19
lahustub hästi nii kulmas kui ka soojas piimas....

Sorry guys, thats estonian. Säilitege oma hajutus ja suur kiirus.;)

Bengt Engel
8th Sep 2002, 15:38
oops, let's try again....

Luikenee helposti sekä kylmään että kuumaan maitoon.....

and fadec, you'll have to read my disclaimer.....

just to make flaps happy I'll ad ...and the A340 most definately....

LRdriver
8th Sep 2002, 17:58
koksi kiitos perkola!!

..do I qualify:D

JJflyer
8th Sep 2002, 20:14
Here we go again...

All these finnish speakers around. What has world come to.

Kiitti vaan ja thunder koko lössille. JJ painaa kapakkaan nappaamaan keskaria juoppo-turistin mallia seuraten Torremolinoksen yöhön. Joten palataan astiaan.;)

The Ticketor
10th Sep 2002, 13:47
And since we are talking Estonian and about AY, Aero is hiring as well:

http://www.aeroairlines.com/news.html (Aero looking for pilots)

Semper paratus
10th Sep 2002, 14:30
http://www.aeroairlines.com/news.html

/SP

Diesel8
14th Sep 2002, 21:16
Any idea how much Aero pays?

ASW24
15th Sep 2002, 15:10
Not much I've heard. Somebody mentioned of 10k FIM/month. But on the other hand you are paying taxes to Estonia wich aren't that big as in Finland.

JJflyer
16th Sep 2002, 12:34
Wow... Now thats not all that good. What is the relation between Euro anf FMK?. Say you get 1500 Euros a month minus taxes. Oh well, not for me.
Can you even survive with that money in Finland ? I know that base is Tallinn, but many of us have posessions in Finland and around the world that are subject to fixed expences that won´t change regardless where you work. So 1500 or even 2000 Euros just wont cut it, well just barely if this is what you get in your hand after taxes.

Eiku menoks.

ASW24
16th Sep 2002, 15:48
And when you think about the fact that you have to pay for the rating and ask for some help from the bank.

Onko Afrikassa kuuma?

JJflyer
17th Sep 2002, 10:46
Joo...

Kuuma on. Välistä 45C ja ilman kosteus 100%. Olo kun Turkkilaisessa saunassa. But you only see snow above fl200...:D

Bengt Engel
17th Sep 2002, 15:43
45 degrees celcuis and 100% humidity in afrika? damn I'm getting good at this finnish stuff....

Fadec Off
17th Sep 2002, 18:51
Hi Bengt,

Soon you will be qualified for Finnair;)

Fadec Off
3rd Oct 2002, 12:22
Finnair representavies says in media today that their recruitment dept. got around 200 applications for F/O.
During the next two years they will hire aprx. 100 of those who will be qualified.
Interesting scanario in todays world, AY must be doing well in these days. They might played their cards right with their traffic programs or just got lucky, who lives will find out.
Anyway it's good to hear some good news for a while I.S.O. all the bads. Do not get mad now, I really symphatise all those about to lose their jobs :(

The Ticketor
3rd Oct 2002, 13:32
Finnair press release from today:

Press Release

Finnair to recruit new pilots

Finnair has reserved 44 new pilots from this year''s applicants to the Finnish Aviation Academy to answer its need for more pilots in the coming years. The Finnish Aviation Academy began operations at the beginning of this year, and has received almost a thousand applications for its first training programme. The selections will be made this autumn and after completing the training programme, the qualified pilots will be ready to join Finnair in 2005.

Finnair''s fifth MD-11 aircraft, to be delivered next spring, the continuously growing Asian traffic as well as the new Airbus A320 aircraft have created an increasing demand for pilots which needs to be met quickly. As a solution, Finnair is currently recruiting commercial pilots already in the profession and has received some 200 applications. Finnair will hire the accepted pilots in this group within the next two years.

Several studies have shown that Finnair is the second most sought after employer in Finland. The Finnish Aviation Academy situated in the town of Pori, trains pilots for the use of all Finnish airlines as well as other aviation professionals.

Finnair Oyj
Communications

Additional information:
Risto Paajanen, Pilot, Head of Pilot Selection, tel. +358 40 735 3371

Labarynth Seal
4th Oct 2002, 02:43
You are aware that they are catching up with people like you .. See the UK press at the moment Re:- child molesting etc..

I think you "Plank Heads" have far too much time from V1 to landing.......... Forget Auto pilot........Have fun

"To take off is heavenly......to Hover is Divine :D "

It must be a rotary thing

LS x