PDA

View Full Version : Hiring pilots under NOC 72600

pilot de peste
13th Jan 2023, 02:06
Hello, does somebody knows if any company are hiring foreign pilots in Canada under NOC 72600 program?

I appreciate any information.

Regards,

bafanguy
14th Jan 2023, 13:10
Is Canada having a hard time filling seats ?

Ilyushin76
17th Jan 2023, 04:47
Interesting.

Decollage
31st Jan 2023, 02:35
Yes, the issue is the airline pay is among the worst in the entire world. Combine that with high cost of living in the major cities where the airlines are based out of and you've got an industry with nobody coming into it.
Training is 100k-150k and you won't break 100k of income for 10 years or more, and a senior captain will never make more than a first year FO in the US.

bell1st
31st Jan 2023, 16:21
Sunwing was denied permission to hire pilots as Temporary Foreign Workers a few months ago and are trying to blame that as a reason for their schedule meltdown over Christmas. Apparently there is a Canadian airline roadshow coming up in South Africa but I'm not sure what visa they're planning on hiring anyone on.

Decollage
31st Jan 2023, 20:06
The TFW was part of it. The other half was their remaining staff giving the same amount of respect back to the employer that they've received.
the TFW employees were slated to be paid substantially more than Sunwing's own employees, which is near the bottom globally of 737 pilots. That's quite a slap.

The South Africa jobfair is from Flair airlines, a new upstart with average national pay- which again means substantially lower than most other countries.

There's is a massive shortage of qualified pilots in Canada, both from qualified drivers leaving the country, and a record low of new license issuing. Nobody wants to go into a career where the wages have been driven down 50% in the last 20 years.

WWSG
25th Feb 2023, 02:43
It would be perfect. I was an airline pilot in Brazil for many years. Now, I'm studying in Canada and validating my flight license at the same time. I don't understand why Canada does not accept foreign pilots. Even though you have a Work Permit, airlines require you to be Permanent Resident. If you think about getting an LMIA, forget it. It is almost a dream.

arvida
26th Feb 2023, 17:03
Yes, the issue is the airline pay is among the worst in the entire world. Combine that with high cost of living in the major cities where the airlines are based out of and you've got an industry with nobody coming into it.
Training is 100k-150k and you won't break 100k of income for 10 years or more, and a senior captain will never make more than a first year FO in the US.

That's good news for pilots, pay and conditions will have to improve if airlines wants their planes out of the hangar!

WWSG
26th Feb 2023, 17:49
That's good news for pilots, pay and conditions will have to improve if airlines wants their planes out of the hangar!
I'm not sure. In Brazil, the companies decided to reduce their minimums from 1500h to 250h, so they hire young pilots who don't care about their salary but wanna fly a commercial jet. The result? The worst salary in the whole world, and first officers (the young guys) being paid with 1/3 of a captain's salary.