PDA

View Full Version : tall Thermos/Coffee mug for A320

321XLR
30th Dec 2022, 21:59
Hello

Does anyone know of a particular thermos or coffee mug that will fit in the Airbus 320 coffee holders?

Thank you

iggy
31st Dec 2022, 00:34
Hello

Does anyone know of a particular thermos or coffee mug that will fit in the Airbus 320 coffee holders?

Thank you

Ah, the search for the Holy Grial...!

I only found a certain glass made of plastic, no lid, that fits perfectly well in the holder. I found it in a cheap supermarket in Southeast Asia, and being made of plastic it is not appropiate for boiling hot liquidis so I stopped using it shortly after.

I am also in search for that early morning flights game changer, so please, I am also eager to know the brand or where to find it.

Once I have the mug I'll think about how to connect an electric moka brewer to the AC1 bus...

321XLR
31st Dec 2022, 01:45
Ah, the search for the Holy Grail...!

I only found a certain glass made of plastic, no lid, that fits perfectly well in the holder. I found it in a cheap supermarket in Southeast Asia, and being made of plastic it is not appropiate for boiling hot liquidis so I stopped using it shortly after.

I am also in search for that early morning flights game changer, so please, I am also eager to know the brand or where to find it.

Once I have the mug I'll think about how to connect an electric moka brewer to the AC1 bus...

haha yes sir

Rico_Corp
4th Jan 2023, 03:55
Hello

Thank you

Maybe try this Thermos product?

https://twitter.com/airbusslave/status/1476490903279869952

Ollie Onion
4th Jan 2023, 07:40
This one fits perfectly!

https://munchtime.co.nz/shop/reusable-cookie-muncher-coffee-time-cup/

Jwscud
4th Jan 2023, 19:54
Alternatively a larger mug fits nicely in the side stowage, particularly if you have other stuff in there (headset case?) that stops it falling over on takeoff/landing.

Fly3
5th Jan 2023, 00:53
IIRC At the end of our conversion course back in 1991, Airbus gave us tall plastic mugs with a ridge about halfway up that fitted exactly into the cup holders in the A320. Filling them only up to the ridge prevented spillage when it got a bit bumpy.

Mk1Aviation
11th Jan 2023, 10:56
Someone needs to 3D print a cup holder adapter asap. Sell it on Amazon

MadAlex
15th Jan 2024, 11:31
Found another offer. Seems to be rather small so I hope it fits my slim flightbag. Brand is Aladdin. If you’re from Germany you can find it at flightcrewshop .de and the category wohnen&reisen. Also more pictures there to get it from different places.

champair79
15th Jan 2024, 11:43
I have that Thermos flask. It’s a godsend but not sure it’ll fit in the Boeing I’m about to convert to!

www.aero-cup.co.uk may solve your needs. Not cheap but at least you can guarantee it’ll fit!

IBMJunkman
15th Jan 2024, 15:02
Sounds like Boeing and Airbus need to make approved cups for each plane model.

iggy
16th Jan 2024, 02:28

No, they need to include a proper espresso machine at the front galley.

Are we, or are we not well into the 21st century already?

Check Airman
16th Jan 2024, 02:29

The “certification costs” would add another $60 to the $5 mug.

On a more serious note, the standard paper cups in which we’re served beverages seem to fit the holders fairly well. You could also pour your drink from your insulated container into that.

T54A
16th Jan 2024, 03:12
Yeti 8oz Rambler

Jonty
16th Jan 2024, 12:04
I got one of these:

Inflight Mug

And because it's non spill I just chuck it in the side stowage. Keeps stuff stupidly hot for hours!

fitliker
16th Jan 2024, 12:31
Heavy metal mug right next to window . What could go wrong ?
Almost as comical as the cup holders over the pedestal sub panel circuit breakers on older King Airs .
Not a problem until it is . I had an electrical fire at night in a 200 in the pedestal . Started right where the cup holders were placed .
Ever wondered how dents and scratches begin ?

Journey Man
16th Jan 2024, 14:15
Yeti 8oz Rambler

i have a silver 10oz. Fits several aircraft including the thin pull out blade style holders.

Central Scrutinizer
20th Jan 2024, 17:34
Zojirushi Stainless Mug SM-SF48. The best thermal coffee mug I've ever come across. Ticks all the boxes:

Awesome insulation. As in, pour hot coffee in the morning, still nicely warm 24 hours later!
Leak proof with safety lock.
One hand operation.
Elegant slender design
Not sure about the A320 cup holder but judging from the picture above, I'm pretty sure it would fit nicely.