PDA

View Full Version : Embraer E-jet Flight Director Removal / De-Activation?

dcoded
21st Dec 2022, 20:13
I have a specific questions regarding the Embraer E-Jet series flight director, specifically the difference in the AOM between "REMOVAL OF FLIGHT DIRECTOR PRESENTATION" and "FLIGHT DIRECTOR MODES DE-ACTIVATION". I don't really get what the difference is? Could someone care to explain, or in simpler terms. If I would like to fly a raw data approach, is it just to press the "FD Button" on my side to remove the FD-Cues?

A second question is: I have flown on more modern aircraft based on the Honeywell avionics suite, where its possible to set what type of FD Cue you would like, cross-pointer, singe cue or FPA. Is it possible to set something similar in the E-Jet? I know we take off with cross-pointer which is automatically switched to FPA shortly after being airborne. But would it be possible in cruise for example to switch to cross-pointers?

Third and last question: Is it possible at all to remove the FPA from the ADI when flying raw-data? It makes it all too easy flying raw data with a FPA-symbol.

Thank you!

Check Airman
22nd Dec 2022, 17:08
Can’t answer question 1. It’s been a while.

2. there’s no way to change it (that I know of). Possibly a maintenance function. Very annoying.

3. Also no. Again, annoying as half the time the thing is in the way.

Good luck. Hopefully you’ll be on a proper aeroplane soon.

dcoded
22nd Dec 2022, 18:33
Can’t answer question 1. It’s been a while.

2. there’s no way to change it (that I know of). Possibly a maintenance function. Very annoying.

3. Also no. Again, annoying as half the time the thing is in the way.

Good luck. Hopefully you’ll be on a proper aeroplane soon.

Thank you for the answers!
:8 Haha, actually, I choose the Embraer rather than going back on the A320 because of it Flight Control Laws, It was too little of a challenge to fly. But on the postitive note, you could remove the flight directors and fly it, WITHOUT the "bird" and do a raw data approach. Edit, with the Auto thrust off, of course :O

Have a nice holiday Sir.

MerseyView
22nd Dec 2022, 22:17
If FPA is in the active mode, pressing the FPA button removes the FPA and deactivates the FD. If any other mode is engaged, pressing the FPA twice does the same thing.

Check Airman
23rd Dec 2022, 03:46
Thank you for the answers!
:8 Haha, actually, I choose the Embraer rather than going back on the A320 because of it Flight Control Laws, It was too little of a challenge to fly. But on the postitive note, you could remove the flight directors and fly it, WITHOUT the "bird" and do a raw data approach. Edit, with the Auto thrust off, of course :O

Have a nice holiday Sir.
Interesting. I've flown both, and give me the Airbus any day of the week. In fact, I gave away my last embraer landing because I disliked flying it.