PDA

View Full Version : Body in Tui L/G Bay at LGW

HOVIS
21st Dec 2022, 20:03
Another sad event. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-sussex-64055796

A man's body has been found in the undercarriage of a plane at Gatwick Airport.

The Tui flight had travelled from The Gambia's capital Banjul to the airport in West Sussex.

Sussex Police said the discovery was made at the airport at about 04:00 GMT on 7 December.

A Gatwick Airport spokesperson said: "This is terribly sad news and our thoughts go out to the family and friends of the deceased."

A Tui spokesperson said: "We can confirm that an investigation with authorities is under way after a body was discovered on a Tui flight from Gambia to London Gatwick Airport on December 7.

"We would like to express our sincere condolences."

Sussex Police said: "Officers are investigating and a report will be prepared for HM Coroner."

A spokesperson for The Gambia's government said the man was an unidentified black male.

The 2,760-mile (4,444 km) journey from The Gambia to the UK usually takes about six and a half hours on a direct flight.
]​​

Right20deg
5th Jan 2023, 08:10
I do not follow why you are posting this. It is well covered in the media around the world. It is extremely distressing for the aircrew involved. Thank you for finding it sad.
Other smuggling continues. Using ground staff to place drugs inside the cabin furnishings of aircraft and inside the toilet serving feeds. Been going on for decades now. Had a few arrested in my time down route. That was not sad...it was perfect.

HOVIS
5th Jan 2023, 10:04
In forty years working in on and around aeroplanes the only crime I witnessed was the organised thieving at LHR. Baggage handlers robbing suitcases in the holds! They got caught, eventually.

​​​​​​

T28B
5th Jan 2023, 13:12
Friendly reminder: if we disagree, let us not be disagreeable when doing so.

Gordomac
6th Jan 2023, 08:31
Indeed. It is, after all, Rumours and "news". Not all of us place faith in current media and trust PPrune for accurate, moderated "news".

Oh and LHR. Isn't it why we called ith "Thiefrow" (?)

ZFT
6th Jan 2023, 08:37
In forty years working in on and around aeroplanes the only crime I witnessed was the organised thieving at LHR. Baggage handlers robbing suitcases in the holds! They got caught, eventually.

​​​​​​
CDG is much, much worse

Right20deg
7th Jan 2023, 09:06
LGW : a few years back, baggage handlers seen inside hold opening suitcases.
FO. Shut the hold door on them all and called the airport Police. If I recall correctly, the crew member was run over by a bag cart a few days later.

megan
13th Jan 2023, 04:00
AvWebAuthorities in Colombia say an Avianca A320neo likely flew around South America for three days with the bodies of two stowaways in a gear well. The airline said it found the two, likely teenage boys, on Friday night when the plane went in for scheduled maintenance. “At its arrival to the El Dorado airport in Bogota, personnel from the airline discovered the bodies of two people who flew irregularly (stowaways) in the undercarriage of the airplane,” Avianca said in a statement.The airline said they also found documents and money suggesting the boys were from the Dominican Republic. The last time the plane was there was Jan. 3. The airline added that the bodies had been frozen and were partially thawed and that one had burns. Authorities in both countries are working to identify the pair and to notify next of kin.