PDA

View Full Version : Aerobatics at Redhill

Super Stall
28th Aug 2002, 20:33
Has anybody had any good experiences flying aero's out of Redhill? I've recently moved to the area and after 2 years of straight and level airline flying I have a burning desire to be inverted.

Also looking for suggestions/recommendations/info on aero types available for hire from RH. I think I'd be interested in something with plenty of grunt (Pitts ??)

Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried a search but could'nt find anything Redhill specific.

Pogs
28th Aug 2002, 21:50
Super Stall,

Don't know where you can get your hands on a Pitts at Redhill. That said, if you fancy something with a little less power you could try one of the following

Redair (formerly Redhill Aviation - I think) - C152 Aerobat
Cubair - that said not too sure what they have! (no help whatsoever!)
Cloudbase - C150 Aerobat.

You could always try further afield. Tiger Club at Headcorn for example. Check out the clubs web sites for further info - sorry I don't have their web addresses

Good luck and have fun but personally aero's make me puke!

Pogs

treadigraph
29th Aug 2002, 08:29
Or how about Shoreham? Less than an hour by car from Redhill and there always used to be interesting aircraft based there.

I'll probably be down there for the airshow on Sunday (a beer festival in the adjacent Red Lion is a happy coincidence!) so will see if I can find anything out.

stiknruda
29th Aug 2002, 09:30
Saw Dave Cook at the PFA Rally and he tells me that he is now offering training on his very nice Pitts S2B.

Contact him thru' Shoreham tower.

Stik