PDA

View Full Version : Pax

stiknruda
28th Aug 2002, 11:04
I am a very current single seat pilot.

What do I have to do to satisfy the new pax carrying rules?

Can the take-off and landings be in any aeroplane or must they be on type?

Thanks

Stik

FlyingForFun
28th Aug 2002, 11:06
My understanding is that for types without a type-rating, you need 3 landings within 90 days in an aircraft of the same class. So your currency would entitle you to carry pax in any single-engine piston land aeroplane. I think.

On second thoughts, best check with someone who actually knows!

FFF
----------------

matspart3
28th Aug 2002, 14:43
Get another seat!:D

...but seriously, I think FFF is right

stiknruda
28th Aug 2002, 15:18
Thanks chaps - that dovetails with what I believed to be true but had brain fade earlier so wanted some confirmation.

FFF - I'll be inviting your squeeze over to fly the Curry Special then!

Stik

dublinpilot
28th Aug 2002, 15:21
I think fff is right too!!

formationfoto
28th Aug 2002, 16:07
Stik
I'm with the other replies. Currency on a non complex SEP counts for all non complex SEP. If current on more complex then also current on non complex. Therefore there is no requirement for you to have recency and currency in flying a spare seat around to be able to fly a full seat!.

FlyingForFun
28th Aug 2002, 16:13
ff,

I didn't think complexity came into it. I thought that, as long as you're suitably endorsed to fly a complex aircraft, currency on a non-complex aircraft would still apply in the complex aircraft. The only exception is if a type rating was required for the complex aircraft. Not certain though... possibly worth some more research if the type which stik plans on taking his pax in is complex?

FFF
--------------

stiknruda
28th Aug 2002, 19:31
Stik's pax (Aerbabe &tKf) will be aviating in a very complex type, a HAL26.

It is complex because it originates from Hindustan and all the placards are in Hindi - it also smells faintly of Avgas, leather, dope and Rogan Josh.

Did two PFA flight tests today - an RV6 and the HAL26!

Thanks for everyone's help.

FF - I'll bring the HAL26 over to you to photograph in the next couple of weeks, competing this w/e but free the following.

Stik

Julian
29th Aug 2002, 07:20
FFF,

You were almost correct in your statement.
You, of course, need 3 takeoffs as well :D

Sorry, flame me, but couldnt resist that one ...

Julian.

stiknruda
29th Aug 2002, 09:26
Julian - no flame, no FLEA in your ear.

Most of my tailwheel landings actually only need one take off for every three landings!

Stik

AerBabe
29th Aug 2002, 13:39
I think one of the other lasses in my flying group holds the record - 6 landings for one take off, and not on grass :D
Mind you, if the smell of dope is that strong, we won't need an engine to fly ;)

Keef
29th Aug 2002, 18:39
Hi Stik!

Different Julian, methinks. Not the FLEApilot.

Enjoy the trip. Look after those two pax - they're high-value!

Julian
30th Aug 2002, 07:22
Yep, def different one!:D