PDA

View Full Version : Altitude hold fnction

downwind
12th Oct 2022, 09:56
Hi ,

With reference to the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBKK3AcNvHE&list=RDCMUC-3uc_oilRopX03MDu_uTUA&index=13 at roughly section 6 minutes and 30 seconds onwards, the presenter mentions that "the autopilot is incapable of leaving altitude hold with .23nm's it's in the algorithm."

For a FAR 25 aircraft I had a brief look in the relevant FCOM, AMM etc and couldn't find reference to this statement, has anyone ever come across this alt hold logic in their aircraft's respective FCOM, AMM etc...

Thanks.

vilas
12th Oct 2022, 12:51
.23nm may be a conversion of the time it takes to act on vertical command. A320 not sure but I think I read somewhere it was something like 1.05g and with Exped 1.15g. However Airbus has changed some concepts since the video. Fixed thrust levers don't give any tactile feed nor for that matter the side stick gives any. For thrust awareness pilot's scan needs to include engine display. Although in the situation he mentioned pilot should take over manually to do what it takes feed back or no feed back.