PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 150 stats

Bexter31
27th Aug 2002, 23:29
Is anyone aware of where I can obtain info on the net with regard to performance of the C150.i.e. VNE/VNO/ average fuel consumption per hour, best rate/best angle of climb/Weight Balance figures. Would appreciate any assistance...

Circuit Basher
28th Aug 2002, 07:15
There are probably some sites around on the Web which will give indicative figures (you can also buy a book, one variety of which is published by AFE) which will give *indicative* data. The only truly accurate information is in the Pilots Operating Handbook for your aircraft - the results of the aircraft weighing, etc will be in there, etc; this will be different for every aircraft.

Sorry if this seems unhelpful, but the only legitimate source is the POH.

FlyingCesspit
28th Aug 2002, 07:24
VNE/VNO/ average fuel consumption per hour, best rate/best angle of climb/Weight Balance figures

I have a 1970 Owner's Manual for the C150. I can't let you have it, but if you have a menu of questions I can e-mail or photocopy the data to you.

Answering the questions you listed in your posting:

VNE - 162mph (all speeds are in mph, not knots)
VNO Maximum Structural Cruising Speed - 120mph
VFE - 100mph
Manoevering Speed - 109mph

Fuel consumption is, of course, quite a lengthy table which I would need to photocopy to you.

Best Rate of Climb:
Sea Level, 59 deg F: 74mph IAS, 670 ft/min, flaps up
5000', 41 deg F: 71mph IAS, 440 ft/min, flaps up

Best Angle of Climb:
Not stated explicitly, but the speed for short-field take-off at 50' height is 68mph IAS.

Wt & Bal also needs to be photocopied.