PDA

View Full Version : Relocation/Return to Aus

TogetherWeFight
31st Aug 2022, 07:21
To my fellow expats partaking in the exodus, I thought I'd drop this in here. (any admins, please delete if not allowed).

Like many of you, I am leaving and taking the family back to Aus, in search of greener pastures. The admin/financial side of things has been tricky, to say the least, but I was put onto a lad called Luke Voyce at SJP, and he has been a lifesaver.... will post his info card below. Helps with moving MPF, Tax, investments, all sorts. Seems to be specializing in pilots specifically.

Like I said, please delete if not appropriate, but just keen to help others out who have been shafted by HK/CX over the last few years.

Blue side up!! (or happy retirement!)

veryoldchinahand
1st Sep 2022, 04:07
'expats partaking in the exodus' Do you mean the one in your dreams ?

MENELAUS
1st Sep 2022, 06:42

Over 30 off the Jumbo alone to EK by years end. Predominately Captains. To the extent that they will be unlikely to crew it. How’s that “Same Team Same Dream” for you ?

Zapp_Brannigan
1st Sep 2022, 08:53

Over 1,000 pilots gone out of 3,300 in the last two years, with hundreds more interviewing for QF or EK.
Yes, hardly an exodus. At least less than historical numbers, as the COO would say.
​​​​

Babyjet_dododo
1st Sep 2022, 10:54

You mean the 1200 already ahead of me they are gone, or the management message on yammer going around all the senior managers with exact aggregate numbers of the number of CX pilots applying for other companies?
Yes, airlines do share with other airlines the number of people that have applied from their companies……

cxflog
1st Sep 2022, 13:59
Check the seniority list mate, you’re in for a nice surprise.

Also please DM me and let me know what they’re paying you for every post. I do mine for free!

LLLQNH
1st Sep 2022, 14:05
Yes, airlines do share with other airlines the number of people that have applied from their companies……

Haha, please no they don't. I don't know if your just making up this **** or you are dumb enough to believe it.

Babyjet_dododo
1st Sep 2022, 21:16
Haha, please no they don't. I don't know if your just making up this **** or you are dumb enough to believe it.

Dont believe me? Go speak to PC he is the one with all the numbers. No names are exchanged only numbers.

and I’ve personally seen the messages from him.

Diogenes.
1st Sep 2022, 21:35
You mean the 1200 already ahead of me they are gone, or the management message on yammer going around all the senior managers with exact aggregate numbers of the number of CX pilots applying for other companies?

The companies don't share the names and numbers, the Masons do. :=

Flying Clog
1st Sep 2022, 21:51
What would be really interesting, would be to see how many peeps would return to Cathay if offered a job, perhaps even with some perks, since seniority at CX no longer exists.

My guess would be none. Even DEC on a base.

You'd have to be out of your mind, but horses for courses I suppose..

There is a great big wide world out there, and they need us more than we need to put up with the crap of Hong Kong, regardless of the Ts and Cs.

For those still hanging on for grim death, good luck to you, and you have my sympathies, as it's not easy leaving a long, and what was, a great career.

Bokpiel
2nd Sep 2022, 12:52
Are you some kind of mainland wumao to post something as ridiculous as this?

Surely nobody can be THIS oblivious?!

cxflog
2nd Sep 2022, 14:23
Are you some kind of mainland wumao to post something as ridiculous as this?

Surely nobody can be THIS oblivious?!
Honestly, I’m 100% sure he gets paid per post so doesn’t surprise me with the garbage I see on here. It doesn’t take a genius to see what’s happening but I guess anyone can stick their head in the ground and say it’s alright.

Gordomac
3rd Sep 2022, 09:30
One only needs to look, right here, at the active user section of this forum. Today, around 10 members and around 68 guests.Where have all the regular contributors, some quite famous, gone ?
My usual 'lurk about' on a week-end morning would observe a solid core of Peers having, often profane, slagging matches.I would reach for the popcorn and enjoy the entertainment although, I, myself, was torn into & dismissed on quite a few occasions

Of course bods are leaving in droves for the most obvious of reasons and it remains a very sad observation that this once great airline company is, no longer.

MENELAUS
4th Sep 2022, 00:37
One only needs to look, right here, at the active user section of this forum. Today, around 10 members and around 68 guests.Where have all the regular contributors, some quite famous, gone ?
My usual 'lurk about' on a week-end morning would observe a solid core of Peers having, often profane, slagging matches.I would reach for the popcorn and enjoy the entertainment although, I, myself, was torn into & dismissed on quite a few occasions

Of course bods are leaving in droves for the most obvious of reasons and it remains a very sad observation that this once great airline company is, no longer.

Such is their demise, Gordo, that they’d probably even let you in. Second time ASL around the buoy. And they’ve got non erasable techlogs now.
So that would be the only issue.

Gordomac
4th Sep 2022, 08:38
Ha! Doubt it. Not ex RAF, don't like boats, not a member of any Lodge,,Dark=skinned and still look like the head waiter from the Balti ! White hair though. . It's a start but too late. And I was about to ask where Globo had got too.

MENELAUS
4th Sep 2022, 09:59
Ha! Doubt it. Not ex RAF, don't like boats, not a member of any Lodge,,Dark=skinned and still look like the head waiter from the Balti ! White hair though. . It's a start but too late. And I was about to ask where Globo had got too.

You’ll fit the ‘ new ‘ requirements exactly. Nobody can afford a boat now. And ‘ the lodge’ vanished around the turn of the century. The present one that is. As for ex RN/RAF can’t help you there. That particular vein of recruitment dried up a long time ago.