PDA

View Full Version : Little Rissington / Devonair

ATR43
28th Aug 2022, 14:14
Hi all

Some years ago I flew into Little Rissington by prior arrangement with Devonair who were resident in one of the hangars there and had a thoroughly enjoyable couple of hours.

There was a wide variety of aircraft appeared to be based there in the hangar, not least five NAC Freelance airframes as well as some other interesting types including a couple of Stearman's etc.

I can no longer find any reference on the web to Devonair, does anyone know what happened to the aircraft and the NAC fuselages

Many thanks

chevvron
7th Sep 2022, 12:43
I understand that Grob Vigilants were being re-furbished there but who by I don't know.
As for the Freelances, I thought they were at Coventry.

N707ZS
12th Sep 2022, 07:02
Did Devonair move to Kemble?

Buster the Bear
22nd Sep 2022, 19:54
I may have got this wrong, but Devonair were booted out of LR during 2012. Airframes were then stored outside off airfield. VP955 & G-ARJB remains at a recycling yard near Swindon. G-DDCD is now with SYAM Doncaster.

horatio_b
23rd Sep 2022, 08:29
Photo of VP955 is on the demobbed website:

http://www.demobbed.org.uk/images/v/vp955.jpg

chevvron
23rd Sep 2022, 14:09
Hi all

Some years ago I flew into Little Rissington by prior arrangement with Devonair who were resident in one of the hangars there and had a thoroughly enjoyable couple of hours.

There was a wide variety of aircraft appeared to be based there in the hangar, not least five NAC Freelance airframes as well as some other interesting types including a couple of Stearman's etc.

I can no longer find any reference on the web to Devonair, does anyone know what happened to the aircraft and the NAC fuselages

Many thanks
Only contact I have is 0400 264520 but if there's gliding in progress (weekends and PH plus occasionally week long courses), it'll be winch launched so don't expect to get a visit 'cos 2 FTS don't like mixing glding and powered.
A/G frequency is 120.775 (25kHz)