PDA

View Full Version : NETJETS hiring 2022

Pages : [1] 2

Miserable Old Git
16th Aug 2022, 17:35
Hiring now, applications accepted for about a week. All info is on the Kura website (link below)

if you’re interested, you don’t have much time.

MOG

NetJets First Officer > Kura Airline Resourcing (http://kuraairlineresourcing.co.uk/netjets/)

EatMyShorts!
18th Aug 2022, 07:37
Edit: Retracted

AntTonix
18th Aug 2022, 15:51
Hello EatMyShorts!

I am currently flying on the A320 on a low cost in Europe, for 4.5 years. Recently I progressed to Senior FO and have more than 2500h, but from time to time I find myself "bored" with always flying the same routes repeatedly and dealing with constant problems that arise with flying many passengers. I've talked with several colleagues who have flown private and all have good stories coming from it. Roster stability also seems pretty good in Netjets, as I am in a variable roster it's difficult to organise myself. Also I am getting closer to getting my command in my airline, but here it might involve a change of base, which wouldn't be ideal for me for family planning reasons. I feel these problems wouldn't occur in Netjets, and so I am considering applying for the job, but I wanted to ask you some questions, if you don't mind.

I've seen your posts in the previous thread and regarding the tours, is almost always minimum rest between flights? It's not the biggest problem for me, as I also have lots of those, but for now I get to come home, even if it is just to sleep and then back to work.
For this new opening they are hiring for 4 diffent aircraft. My preference would be the Latitude, and after that the CL350. I know you cannot choose the fleet you are assigned to, but when do you find out which fleet you've been assigned to? Only after signing the contract? I'm a bit of a tech geek, so I'd like to have all the bells and whistles, so for me the XLS would be a deal breaker, and probably the Phenom as it's too small. I don't want to sound picky but this would be a big change in my life, and it matters to me. How probable would be for me to be assigned the Latitude if I'm sucessful?

Sorry for the bother!

If anyone else wants to chime in please feel free to do so!

EatMyShorts!
18th Aug 2022, 20:18
Hi AntTonix,
regarding the tours, is almost always minimum rest between flights?
it depends on the time of year, really. Now, in summer, when the company is flying at or over its own capacity, we tend to have long days and then minimum rest. In winter, this is different, you'll see less of this, although you might still be on busy tours, because the company tries to concentrate its ground and SIM training outside the busy season. As consequence, there may be a lack of crew on the line in winter... Long story short: do we ALWAYS have minimum rest between duties? No. Do we have this often in summer? Absolutely yes. At least we are in hotels during tour and then 5 days OFF without anyone bothering us!
How probable would be for me to be assigned the Latitude if I'm successful?
Nobody can say this, really. You COULD try to voice your preference for certain fleets AFTER signing your contract, but I would NOT do it during the hiring process as it may not be received well ("picky"). Should one be assigned to the Phenom, at least the productivity bonus will be significantly higher than on the other fleets with APUs or even flight attendants! From what my colleagues on the Phenom tell me, it is a fun aircraft to fly, very agile, with modern avionics. Honestly, I would not think that a Phenom or an XLS would be a deal-breaker. Your time on it would be kind of limited, although fleet-changes are mostly done according to seniority. It won't be just a couple of years on an undesired fleet.

As was written by others: Netjets is not about the super big bucks (at least not yet) or super flashy aircraft. Netjets is about life-style, the choice to live in the place that YOU want to live at and the motivation to be flexible in your mind for all the changes of plans, for the better and for the worse. I have been with the company since 2004, still here, won't leave.

hotspare16
19th Aug 2022, 09:22
Solid roster, solid long term prospects and bloody great fun on the line. Came here from airlines during the last recruitment and won’t be leaving. Salary’s not the best starting but once you factor in productivity pay and should you wish to do it, tour based pay, more than fine. Two year+ FOs are pulling easily €110k+ not including per diems or tour based pay. Eg. On my fleet 400hrs flying equates to a €36k block hour, productivity pay bonus. Salaries also track inflation - we had a 5.5% pay rise before stepping in an aircraft. As it should be. Two year pay rise tracks this too.
It’s not just about the money though, the roster is a big draw, deduct leave, sim, GRT and you are flying just 168 days p.a. Off is Off. Crew meals, health insurance etc etc But, most importantly they seem to genuinely treat you with respect and care about us and our well-being from day one. There’s always things to complain about but overall I’ve been impressed.

As for on the line, over the last 6/7 months it’s been a mix. Some tours (peak summer) have been 3/4 sectors a day, some I’ve been lucky and not doing too much at all with down time. Days off swimming in Nice and two days Reykjavik plus a few other quieter tours here and there. You’ll find the duty adds up quickly, 60hrs can be hit very easily and once you near this limit they will ask if you are happy to extend it to 70 hrs. If you agree then you’re remunerated for it and they can only use those extra 10hrs to airline you back home. If not, you’ll airline home, maybe a day early.

As for assigned fleet, don’t get your hopes up on a Latitude or Challenger. I met a guy who joined recently with both a Global and Challenger rating and they put him on an XLS. He was happy enough but I think praying it won’t stay around much longer - it’s the dinosaur of the fleet! The Latitude is for me a sweet spot, modern cockpit, nice cabin etc. I’m very happy flying it, coming from the 73 & 78…

As a package I can’t recommend it enough for work/life balance. Downsides are small aircraft, if that matters to you and the possibility of flying the XLS but the rumours are that won’t be around forever.
Positives - everything else really. Roster, longterm prospects, treated with respect and looked after on the line.

Good Luck!

maximus610
19th Aug 2022, 15:17
In previous thread there was some info about London gateway.
What about Frankfurt gateway? How much airlining? Do you depart usually from FRA or Egelsbach? Will appreciate for some more info.

hotspare16
19th Aug 2022, 16:13
What about Frankfurt gateway? How much airlining? Do you depart usually from FRA or Egelsbach? Will appreciate for some more info.

Frankfurt (EDDF) is definitely an approved gateway so you would start and end your tour here with NJs booking your airline ticket to wherever your assigned tail is.

Day 1 - Airlining and if duty works, often operating as well.

You also have use of the temporary gateway system, requires 3 days notice to change your assigned gateway temporarily to suit you. Summer has added temp’ gateway destinations.

TheAirMission
19th Aug 2022, 17:36

Frankfurt is a gateway, not heard about of the other airport so definitely not a gateway. Gateways are selected on their airline connections. If you're FRA based then you can assume you'll airline on day 1 and 6, whereas us londoners will have a better chance of just getting a taxi to one of the london airports where the aircraft might be already. Farn, Biggin, Luton, STN, Northholt, Oxford etc. A small positive of airline is you keep your airmiles and statuses, including hotel stays.

TheAirMission
19th Aug 2022, 17:38
Hello EatMyShorts!

For this new opening they are hiring for 4 diffent aircraft. My preference would be the Latitude, and after that the CL350. I know you cannot choose the fleet you are assigned to, but when do you find out which fleet you've been assigned to? Only after signing the contract? I'm a bit of a tech geek, so I'd like to have all the bells and whistles, so for me the XLS would be a deal breaker, and probably the Phenom as it's too small. I don't want to sound picky but this would be a big change in my life, and it matters to me. How probable would be for me to be assigned the Latitude if I'm sucessful?

If anyone else wants to chime in please feel free to do so!

To put it bluntly, you'll have to change your attitude towards the fleet allocation if you truly are going to enjoy the job, the XLS is a perfectly fine aircraft, it just obviously a shock because it doesn't look like an Airbus, where I spent 3000 hours before. And the way things are going anyway there will be lots of movement in the near future, especially as more Latitudes come and XLSs go

733driver
19th Aug 2022, 18:44

Lot's of airlining. It's the worst part of the job for me. Especially these days. Sometimes we airline more than twice per tour. Being away for six or seven days can can be tough with a young family but being home for five or six days after each tour is pretty good. Airlining and sleeping in a different hotel every night gets old once you've done it for ten or twenty years. At least it did for me. The flying is very good but there can be too much of it. Quality of life on tour can be quite compromised. Max duty min rest is quite common-

The remuneration system is a bit weird. At least to me. A senior captain on a long range or large cabin jet likely makes less money than a first year captain on a Phenom or XLS. That's because the smaller the jet the higher the productivity pay per hour. Also, once you are a 2+year Captain there is no more salary progression beyond inflation correction. As a 20 year Captain you will make no more than a three-year captain. In fact you may makle less if you are on a bigger aircraft. You can make more money if you fly a lot and work extra days but you have very limited control over how much or how little you fly. It's not a bad place but it's not for everyone.

TheAirMission
19th Aug 2022, 21:16
Lot's of airlining. It's the worst part of the job for me. Especially these days. Sometimes we airline more than twice per tour. . To add to my fellow colleagues comments, which I am not saying are wrong, but I've only had to airline mid-tour once this summer so far, which has been one of the top 2, if not the busiest summer we've had

hotspare16
19th Aug 2022, 22:19
It’s all personal, for me I actually don’t mind the airlining. Of course, helps if you have a status with a few alliances.

733driver
20th Aug 2022, 08:15
It’s all personal, for me I actually don’t mind the airlining. Of course, helps if you have a status with a few alliances.

Very true. It's personal. I also didn't mind the airlining the first few years. Now I do. Status doesn't help much, I find. The lounges are as packed as the gate areas and last minute bookings mean I'm often stuck with a middle seat. Don't want to sound like a prima Donna, it's just that airlinining is one part of this job which has gotten very old for me in recent years. It's still a good job on balance but not without its frustrations.

733driver
20th Aug 2022, 08:18
To add to my fellow colleagues comments, which I am not saying are wrong, but I've only had to airline mid-tour once this summer so far, which has been one of the top 2, if not the busiest summer we've had

You are lucky. Is your experience typical for your fleet? On mine mid-tour airlines are more common. I'm on a work horse fleet which new joiners are likely to get.

EUops
20th Aug 2022, 08:40
Could someone provide a rough total of yearly income for FO, including per diems, bonuses etc?

Also, what is the average time to command?

hotspare16
20th Aug 2022, 10:50
Could someone provide a rough total of yearly income for FO, including per diems, bonuses etc?

Also, what is the average time to command?

Income is a combination of the below:

Base Salary
Year 1 FO: €58500. After 2 years increases to €66300 - Important to remember this is the base starting salary and increases inline with inflation. E.g. I started in December and received a 5.5% increase for last year. The year 2 salary increase was also adjusted for inflation.

Productivity Pay - Paid the following Feb’
Based on block hours flown. Works on a matrix depending on fleet/hours etc but on the Latitude (and XLS) fleet we get 25% more per hour than Challenger, Global & Falcon fleets and the Phenom fleet gets 50% more!
As an idea…
250 hours = €16k
350 hours = €30k
400 hours = €36k
450 hours = €43k

Per diems
€70 per day, expect to earn these against 178 duty days ( deducting leave) = €12.4k pa.
UK have a portion of this taxed.

Tour Based Pay
This is quite complicated but basically and should this continue, you apply for it and if accepted (everyone was this year) you earn a minimum of €105 per hour for every hour flown over 9.1 based on a 6 day tour.
This is the minimum amount that can be earned. Threshold to earn it is adjusted depending on length of your.
Paid in the following months salary. E.g. On a 19 block hour tour, over 6 days, you make an extra €1050 for that tour. It’s hard to say how much extra you can make here but some guys are pulling big numbers. Tour based pay has it’s controversy as it could be argued this creates a drive to fly versus fatigue etc. That’s another debate though.
As someone mentioned earlier, there is also no control over the hours you will fly per tour. Some could be busy (often in summer) and others quiet.

In addition to the above you can earn more by offering days off and extending a tour, or going above the 60 duty hour limit (they can only get you home if you agree this) and a few other bits and bobs here and there.

If you take out Tour Based Pay and work on a Year 1 initial base salary of €58500 with no inflation adjustments + 350 hours flying pa + per diems. Around €100,000 p.a. More for Phenom, less for Falcon, Challenger and Global.

Time to command
Hard to say, but the talk is with so much movement, fleet expansions continuing, upcoming retirements (alot in the coming years) and natural attrition, around 5/6 years? Let’s see what the next hurdle aviation is about to face and the effects it will inevitably bring.

papipapichulo
20th Aug 2022, 16:24
I can see why people don't get too excited about this gig. I am pretty sure 58.5k was the starting salary 20 years ago, same for the per diems that received no adjustment along the years. Productivity pay, well yes that sounds all well and good, but why can't they pay it the following month like any respectable employer instead of waiting the following Feb? So if you get kicked out in January, then you get a big fat middle finger i.s.o. hourly pay? I have no doubt the flying is good fun, but to say this is an amazing employer that looks after their staff, I have my doubts (with what happened to certain gateways few years ago, or to a specific fleet recently).

redsnail
20th Aug 2022, 16:57
Egelsbach is not a gateway simply because there's not enough airlines operating out of there (if any). However, EDDF is just up the road. ;)

Hotspare 16 seems to have the pay reasonably well described. Assuming no catastrophic economic disaster, the rough estimate to command is fairly accurate.
A good number of us "oldies" will probably go onto the pre-retirement part time plan or just retire early. :)

As for airlining? Most of my recent tours have either been no airlining (yes! London gateway) or airlining Day 1 or 6. But yes, it's generally not particularly pleasant especially if you need to check a bag. (Apple AirTags or Tile are your friend).

Murtoman
21st Aug 2022, 07:47
Frankfurt (EDDF) is definitely an approved gateway so you would start and end your tour here with NJs booking your airline ticket to wherever your assigned tail is.

Day 1 - Airlining and if duty works, often operating as well.

You also have use of the temporary gateway system, requires 3 days notice to change your assigned gateway temporarily to suit you. Summer has added temp’ gateway destinations.

Oddly specific question, are there any temp gateways in Finland? Definitely finishing up my application, and can manage even without these, but would be a huge personal benefit.

Thanks.

hotspare16
21st Aug 2022, 07:57
Oddly specific question, are there any temp gateways in Finland? Definitely finishing up my application, and can manage even without these, but would be a huge personal benefit.

Thanks.

Helsinki (EFHK) is definitely an approved temporary gateway.

redsnail
21st Aug 2022, 09:35
Helsinki was a grandfather base (literally in the case of one very recently retired pilot). But whether it can be used a temp gateway, I don't know. So long as it has good airline connections (ideally before midday), possibly.

TheAirMission
21st Aug 2022, 10:39
I can see why people don't get too excited about this gig. I am pretty sure 58.5k was the starting salary 20 years ago, same for the per diems that received no adjustment along the years. Productivity pay, well yes that sounds all well and good, but why can't they pay it the following month like any respectable employer instead of waiting the following Feb? So if you get kicked out in January, then you get a big fat middle finger i.s.o. hourly pay? I have no doubt the flying is good fun, but to say this is an amazing employer that looks after their staff, I have my doubts (with what happened to certain gateways few years ago, or to a specific fleet recently).

How you can question the quality of an employer based on pay alone..?

EUops
21st Aug 2022, 11:55
Thanks for the info mate!

733driver
21st Aug 2022, 17:09
How you can question the quality of an employer based on pay alone..?

Well, he/she did not do that. Pay was mentioned as were other aspects. I quote:

I have no doubt the flying is good fun, but to say this is an amazing employer that looks after their staff, I have my doubts (with what happened to certain gateways few years ago, or to a specific fleet recently)

Maybe you don't know what NJE management did some years ago and also as recently as 2020. Suffice to say, it wasn't pretty. Yes, the guy in charge in 2020 is gone but a lot of the management team are still around up to and including the big boss in America.

Of course there are companies that are a lot worse but don't be naive and think NJE have your best interests at heart. There is zero loyalty from them to us if (when) push comes to shove. I hope this changes one day but I won't be holding my breath. I will say that in individual's emergency situations (health/family related) they have at times been fantastic.

Solenoid
22nd Aug 2022, 09:13
Hello guys, all the information provided above its very useful and I really appreciate it.

May I ask about the interview process? What to expect? How is it?

Thanks!

redsnail
22nd Aug 2022, 12:19
I guess you have an application in? I think this window closes tomorrow at midnight (23rd August). I did the interview about 18 years ago so my info won't be current.
Think interviews, aptitude testing, and a sim check.

4HolerPoler
22nd Aug 2022, 13:56
We’ve had a complaint from a member that these financials “contain highly sensitive information which should not be shared outside of NJ”.

How say you? It appears very useful gen but is it OK to be in the public domain?

jmvdb22
22nd Aug 2022, 19:04
We’ve had a complaint from a member that these financials “contain highly sensitive information which should not be shared outside of NJ”.

How say you? It appears very useful gen but is it OK to be in the public domain?

In their FAQ they're not sharing the information 'to not set unreasonable expectations', so I guess as long as everyone knows not to take this as what is exactly what you're going to receive it's fine?

hotspare16
22nd Aug 2022, 19:13

It’s a rumour forum, why would someone complain that a user is posting positive comments and vague information about said company? Sensitive, how? People are making much more than what I posted, some Fos are making more than long serving captains. The minimum figures are what have been posted. No official figures, no company material or even so much as the pay matrix.
I guess, here indeed lies the downside to NJE - for so long, so many of the senior pilots have enjoyed this flying club to their benefit and well, no matter how good they have it, still find things to complain about.

“how say you?” What is this, a court of law? Give over, old chap.

4HolerPoler
23rd Aug 2022, 05:07
I’m asking your advice you knob, not turning this into a court of law.

It all looks fine, I’m going to leave this gen here, nothing too sensitive or revealing.

733driver
23rd Aug 2022, 06:54
some Fos are making more than long serving captains.
I guess, here indeed lies the downside to NJE - for so long, so many of the senior pilots have enjoyed this flying club to their benefit and well, no matter how good they have it, still find things to complain about.

Are you surprised that senior captains are complaining that some FOs are making more than them?

Let's see how you feel about this when you are that senior captain

And those same people who have been here more than five minutes have recently seen pilots of an entire fleet being fired, no matter how senior and with complete disregard fior the redundancy policy in force at the time. Thankfully that disgraceful act was eventually corrected
A few years earlier they got rid of all France and Belgium based Captains supposedly due to potentially high social security cost. I'm sure it was just a coincidence that most supporters of the then new union which still represents NJE pilots today were from those countries. I'm sure they were not trying to reduce the membership below 50% to avoid legal recognition of the union...

But yeah, us old-timers always find something to complain about no matter how good we have it.

I'm not bitter but perhaps disillusioned. Maybe more realistic than some of the posts on here which are only positive.

jmvdb22
24th Aug 2022, 15:58
So has anyone had an invitation for the aptitude tests as they stated in the FAQ it would start today or have they just not started that stage yet?

EatMyShorts!
24th Aug 2022, 22:41
Hello Mister "I just joined for my first and only post":
I am pretty sure 58.5k was the starting salary 20 years agoYou are wrong, I am pretty sure. Nearly 20 years ago, when I joined, the starting salary was more like 43k EUR, but it depended on the fleet. Since 2006 the base pay is identical, irrespective of the fleet.

same for the per diems that received no adjustment along the yearsCorrect. Also, to avoid sliding into taxable amounts of PDs. Our colleagues from the UK can already sing the "tax my PD"-song...

Productivity pay, well yes that sounds all well and good, but why can't they pay it the following month like any respectable employer instead of waiting the following Feb?That is not possible, because you obviously do not know how productivity pay is calculated. Only after the end of a calendar year can one determine how many hours have been flown and how much is paid out. It is NOT linear, there are several thresholds. The first 100 hours of block time in a calendar year are "on us pilots", only then will one get some "pocket money" for those additional hours. The special "summer bonus" gets paid out monthly, probably to your own surprise.
I just heard that someone made 300k+ EUR in a year. But that means volunteering almost every off-day and selling lots of vacation days. That's nuts, I would never do this.

So if you get kicked out in January, then you get a big fat middle finger i.s.o. hourly pay?Wrong.

funkydreadlocks
25th Aug 2022, 16:39
So has anyone had an invitation for the aptitude tests as they stated in the FAQ it would start today or have they just not started that stage yet?

I haven’t heard anything yet. Getting anxious.
last year i got to the very last day and the Kura person told me in a debrief I missed it by 1 point on their scoring matrix. Biggest disappointment of my life.

been out of flying for 2 years now and this is the only company I’ve applied for.

I guess all we can do is wait and see.

edit: loving all the amazing insight from current crew working there. Thank you for giving us the good and the bad. Great way to remove the rose tint from our glasses

EatMyShorts!
25th Aug 2022, 16:59
Good luck to you all! I think that the good things outweigh the bad things in Netjets. Otherwise me and many others wouldn't have been here for 15, 20 or more years.

jmvdb22
25th Aug 2022, 17:40
I haven’t heard anything yet. Getting anxious.
last year i got to the very last day and the Kura person told me in a debrief I missed it by 1 point on their scoring matrix. Biggest disappointment of my life.

been out of flying for 2 years now and this is the only company I’ve applied for.

I guess all we can do is wait and see.

edit: loving all the amazing insight from current crew working there. Thank you for giving us the good and the bad. Great way to remove the rose tint from our glasses

Yeah I'm just wondering if its them not inviting anyone yet or maybe not everyone at a time or if I just didn't make the cut. My impatient side wants to send them an email about this, but not sure if that would reflect badly on me 😂

Good luck to you all! I think that the good things outweigh the bad things in Netjets. Otherwise me and many others wouldn't have been here for 15, 20 or more years.

Thanks! I've heard stories on and off this forum and it indeed seems that most find it more positive than negative. Ofcourse every place to work has its downsides, but as long as it outweighs the negative (preferably by a bit) that's what you're looking for, and so far it seems to me NetJets has been able to provide that at least.

funkydreadlocks
25th Aug 2022, 18:12
Yeah I'm just wondering if its them not inviting anyone yet or maybe not everyone at a time or if I just didn't make the cut. My impatient side wants to send them an email about this, but not sure if that would reflect badly on me 😂

Yeah I’m typically quite patient with these things, it’s just the timeline is really tight compared to last year. Supposedly the 2nd phase is between yesterday and the 2nd Sept. Not sure how they can expect to go through however many applications & send it out and have everyone complete both the competency and the 1-on-1 online interview in that time. I know Kura are incredibly proficient at this point but I find it hard to believe, considering that last time the number of applicants were in the 4 figures.

My biggest worry for me is that my MEIR isn’t valid. As fate would have it, I have the renewal booked for early sept. Worst part is it was originally slated for early August but work had me delay my holiday a month. Nowhere to include that in the forms.

funkydreadlocks
25th Aug 2022, 18:14

thank you! I hope to get to fly with you and the other NJE pilots here soon. A lot of people seem to care about the aircraft they get put on, but I’ve just found that I just like flying. The 320/321 never did much more for me than a Da42. Just keen to get back in the flight deck

TheAirMission
25th Aug 2022, 19:02
Company received 800 applications of which 700 "passed" their internal screening of requirements. You can expect the next stages to follow now that the window closed and they've removed those who didn't meet the requirements.. good luck to all!

funkydreadlocks
25th Aug 2022, 19:13
Company received 800 applications of which 700 "passed" their internal screening of requirements. You can expect the next stages to follow now that the window closed and they've removed those who didn't meet the requirements.. good luck to all!

thank you very very much for the info. Eases my mind a little

Boabity
26th Aug 2022, 13:09
Fingers crossed, made it through to the zoom interview the last time which went well but got a rejection after the CUT-E tests. I'll get some more practice on them if I can find a place with decent practice tests

Jxbold
28th Aug 2022, 05:27
Where are most of the Sim checks held? Is it in Europe or the US?

redsnail
28th Aug 2022, 11:10
For assessment or the initials?
Assessments for NetJets Europe are held usually in Farnborough at FSI. However, this can change.

EatMyShorts!
28th Aug 2022, 11:32
Yes, Netjets Europe always does their SIM-asasessments in Europe, as redsnail wrote. We used to do them at CAE in Amsterdam as well, but CAE has moved out of Amsterdam completely, so no more.

jmvdb22
28th Aug 2022, 11:38
Yes, Netjets Europe always does their SIM-asasessments in Europe, as redsnail wrote. We used to do them at CAE in Amsterdam as well, but CAE has moved out of Amsterdam completely, so no more.

CAE is still in Amsterdam right? At least I've been there for a sim session during Covid and their website still says it is a location with quite a few sims haha. Although the Sims stated don't include any corporate jets, not sure which would normally be used for the assessment.

EatMyShorts!
28th Aug 2022, 12:13
Yes, you are right, I was not specific enough. CAE have moved all their Bombardier business jet SIMs to the UK, the airliners remain. Thanks for the correction!

fr8dg
28th Aug 2022, 13:57
Any tips on how to prepare for the online aptitude test?

What type of test can we expect?

Thanks

funkydreadlocks
28th Aug 2022, 15:33
Any tips on how to prepare for the online aptitude test?

What type of test can we expect?

Thanks

last time it was Cut-E psychometric tests and an online 1 on 1 interview. Looks like it’s the same format this time

jmvdb22
28th Aug 2022, 15:46
Yes, you are right, I was not specific enough. CAE have moved all their Bombardier business jet SIMs to the UK, the airliners remain. Thanks for the correction!
Ah good, I'm not going completely crazy yet then 😂

D0ntC4llM3Sh1rley
29th Aug 2022, 13:23
Hello EatMyShorts!

I came from the low cost airbus background and joined the company last year during their last hiring process and I have 0 plans on leaving.

I got put on the XLS too and at first I had the same feelings as you express in your post but in reality, it’s a funny little aircraft and I look forward to going to work every week to fly it. The AC assignment shouldn’t be what stops you from applying. It’s a plane, you’ll adapt and learn to fly it.

Solenoid
29th Aug 2022, 23:43
last time it was Cut-E psychometric tests and an online 1 on 1 interview. Looks like it’s the same format this time

can you give some more info about the online interview?

thanks!

funkydreadlocks
30th Aug 2022, 09:57
I am wating for the online aptitude. Did anyone pass the first stage and have been called?

does that mean you got an email confirming you’re through to the next stage?

crickets for me so far

funkydreadlocks
30th Aug 2022, 09:58
can you give some more info about the online interview?

thanks!

Pretty bog standard competency and motivation based questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. They left the (friendly) grilling for day 2 of phase 3

jmvdb22
30th Aug 2022, 16:25
does that mean you got an email confirming you’re through to the next stage?

crickets for me so far

I sent them an email as I couldn't resist in the end, they said they're still assessing the applications and that I could expect an answer in the next few days!

funkydreadlocks
30th Aug 2022, 17:39
I sent them an email as I couldn't resist in the end, they said they're still assessing the applications and that I could expect an answer in the next few days!

ah sound! Thanks for the update. :ok: I can only guess they’re a little bit behind schedule. Not surprising considering the tight timeline given.

angelo26
2nd Sep 2022, 16:42
Hi all,
Do you know how I can enter the KURA candidate portal for netjets?
Once I enter the Kura website I have only 3 options HOME-NETJETS VACANCIES and CONTACT, none of them leads to the candidate portal.
Thank you very much for your help

redsnail
2nd Sep 2022, 16:44
I am afraid you've missed this round. Applications have closed. You can register for any future openings.
https://kuraairlineresourcing.co.uk/pilots-closed/

GoatriderClassic
2nd Sep 2022, 16:45
Hi all,
Do you know how I can enter the KURA candidate portal for netjets?
Once I enter the Kura website I have only 3 options HOME-NETJETS VACANCIES and CONTACT, none of them leads to the candidate portal.
Thank you very much for your help

This one works, but there is not much to be seen, there is no Application status or so...

https://crm.kuraairlineresourcing.co.uk/admin/index.php?l=2

angelo26
2nd Sep 2022, 16:47
Same situation as you!
Hopefully we get an email next week.

angelo26
2nd Sep 2022, 16:48
This one works, but there is not much to be seen, there is no Application status or so...

https://crm.kuraairlineresourcing.co.uk/admin/index.php?l=2
Thank you very much!
Have you applied to NetJets too?

GoatriderClassic
2nd Sep 2022, 16:50
Thank you very much!
Have you applied to NetJets too?

Yes, but I'm still waiting if the invite me for the initial stage or not.
Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone! :ok:

angelo26
2nd Sep 2022, 16:50
I am afraid you've missed this round. Applications have closed. You can register for any future openings.
https://kuraairlineresourcing.co.uk/pilots-closed/
I sent all the application on August the 22nd, but i got no invitation for the online test yet.
I hope next week i'll get some info.
Have you been emailed to have the online tests?

redsnail
2nd Sep 2022, 17:44
Me? I hope not. I've been employed by them for the past 17 years. :D

funkydreadlocks
2nd Sep 2022, 18:35
We just got an email:

Thank you for your interest in the role of First Officer with NetJets. I wanted to update you, this evening, that application screening is ongoing. The team at Kura are working hard to review the applications received as quickly as possible.

If you have not yet received an email on next steps, then this does not mean you are unsuccessful or that your application is not being considered. You can, however, expect further update on your application no later than Friday 9th September.

angelo26
2nd Sep 2022, 19:05
Me? I hope not. I've been employed by them for the past 17 years. :D
ah ok ! 😂😂

angelo26
2nd Sep 2022, 19:21
We just got an email:

I got the same mail !

gene88
3rd Sep 2022, 06:15
Hello,

someone that works in Netjets already can shed some light on a more or less typical roster for XLS or Latitude fleet?…just for a rough idea of what it could be

thank you

TheAirMission
3rd Sep 2022, 08:21
Hello,

someone that works in Netjets already can shed some light on a more or less typical roster for XLS or Latitude fleet?…just for a rough idea of what it could be

thank you

6 on 5 off, unless you volunteer for more. There's not much else you can expect on the roster itself. In terms of actual day to day flights, that will vary, sometimes 2,3,4 or 1 sectors. You won't know for the sure until the day before what tomorrow's plan will be, you'll have a rough idea and guidance on the company phone, but with this nature of business it change.

Regarding that, as long as you come to Netjets with a frame of mind of: "these six days I'm at the company's disposal and they can use me as they like, I return for 5 days off" then you'll be fine.

Globally Challenged
3rd Sep 2022, 08:21
Hello,

thank you

Tours are typically in blocks of 6 days long. You start at your gateway on day 1, the company then coordinates all your transport / hotels etc until they get you back to your gateway at the end of your tour.

Roster pattern on most fleets is 6 days on / 5 days off. Total annual contract days of 200 per year (which includes your holiday entitlement which starts at 22 days per year).

The global has a slightly different pattern (7/7 or 7/6 but I’m not on that fleet so not certain which).

There are also various flexible working options (not all options are available every year) to increase or decrease your annual contract days.

Rosters are published 2 months in advance and there is an online system for booking vacation & SDOs (special days off which don’t use your holiday entitlement but where your roster off days are adjusted to fall on those booked days)

Sierra86
3rd Sep 2022, 20:20
Hi guys,
does anybody know how the per diems paid out? Is it monthly or annual?
And how about Taxes, how much you pay in Portugal and in your Gateway country?

redsnail
4th Sep 2022, 06:01
Per Diems are paid monthly. If you're not Gateway'd in the UK or Denmark, they are untaxed (as far as I know) and €70/day.
As for PT v DE tax? That's for someone else to answer. :) I'm in the UK and taxed there. (ouch).
I *think* for now, you'll be taxed in PT and pay your Social Security in Germany. I'll let someone who knows more accurately answer.
The question does come up fairly frequently so if you haven't, scroll back and see if it has been. (Or check out older threads from 2021 or 2018).

Sierra86
4th Sep 2022, 16:48
Thanks a lot,
i will check the previous threads.

EatMyShorts!
4th Sep 2022, 16:57
Correct: employees with their official residence in Germany only have to pay tax in Portugal and social security in Germany. Obviously, if you happen to have other streams of income in Germany, you'll have to tax them separately.

TugaFly
5th Sep 2022, 15:31
Assessment email is out….

good luck

funkydreadlocks
5th Sep 2022, 17:47
Assessment email is out….

good luck

haven’t heard anything yet ☹️ What’s the deadline you got for doing the assessment?

TugaFly
5th Sep 2022, 18:07
haven’t heard anything yet ☹️ What’s the deadline you got for doing the assessment?

48hrs

angelo26
6th Sep 2022, 09:52
Hi all!
I did yesterday the online tests, let's see what happens.
good luck to everyone!

PS
do you roughly have an idea on how many days they need to send the outcome of the tests?

buzzc152
6th Sep 2022, 10:24
Hi all!
good luck to everyone!

PS
do you roughly have an idea on how many days they need to send the outcome of the tests?

I’m already employed at NJE but I am curious to know what format the online assessments took. Could you share with me ? (PM Is fine also)

FoxtrotCharlie7
6th Sep 2022, 13:27
Congrats to all who received the initial test email!
I only received an email on September 2nd stating applications were still on screening and that I would receive an update no later than September 9th.

I wonder if any received such email, yet got the online test link. Update, anyone?

Thank you and good luck

Parkbremse
6th Sep 2022, 13:58
Last round I didn't hear anything for more than two months while others were going to assessments, getting links to online-tests etc and then when I didn't expect it anymore I got my shot and went through all the stages pretty quickly. So just have a little more patience guys (yes I know it's hard, have been there), there are many applications but also many slots to fill, so it will take some time. Best of luck to everyone 🍀

TugaFly
6th Sep 2022, 14:18
Hi all!
good luck to everyone!

PS

What format was the online assessment?

funkydreadlocks
9th Sep 2022, 21:09
Kura sent an email saying I got a notification on the portal. Was 90% sure it would be bad news. Instead:

Thank you, once again, for your interest in the role of First Officer with NetJets and for taking the time to complete the online application form. I write to advise
you that your application is currently in review and, therefore, remains under consideration. You will be advised of the outcome very shortly. Thank you once
again for your interest. Kind regards, The KURA Team

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Sierra86
9th Sep 2022, 21:29
I Have got the same Email :rolleyes:

FoxtrotCharlie7
9th Sep 2022, 22:48
Kura sent an email saying I got a notification on the portal. Was 90% sure it would be bad news. Instead:

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

I've got the same message some hours ago.
Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

jmvdb22
9th Sep 2022, 23:24
I've got the same message some hours ago.
Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Yeah same here now, at least they're keeping us up to date on that it's still ongoing!

TheAirMission
10th Sep 2022, 17:47
That was normal from last year, try not to read into it too much

funkydreadlocks
11th Sep 2022, 15:51
Got through to the psychometric, not sure how many others did too. That’s despite the fact that I had made a mistake on my CV and had emailed Kura asking for them to kindly update it, *after* having emailed them already to let them know that I now had a valid MEIR again. They seem quite forgiving. Good luck to everyone 🤞🏼

iFunFlyer
12th Sep 2022, 07:25
Got through to the psychometric, not sure how many others did too. That’s despite the fact that I had made a mistake on my CV and had emailed Kura asking for them to kindly update it, *after* having emailed them already to let them know that I now had a valid MEIR again. They seem quite forgiving. Good luck to everyone 🤞🏼

Check your PM

angelo26
12th Sep 2022, 09:17

good luck for the second part of stage 2!
i didn’t make it through the online tests.
i Guess it was because of the missile test, did you use a joystick or just the mouse ??

Ricardo_vipe
12th Sep 2022, 22:26
Hi,
Can someone explain what TBP (Tour base pay ) is?
Also what are the bonus factor for each aircraft, and does the Global for ex. makes as much bonus? The bonus is not increased in that fleet but as it can fly longer do pilots earn similar amout of bonus or is it less?
Thanks !

funkydreadlocks
12th Sep 2022, 23:17
good luck for the second part of stage 2!
i didn’t make it through the online tests.
i Guess it was because of the missile test, did you use a joystick or just the mouse ??

mate that sucks, sorry :/ you can’t really know for sure what test it was that let you down. As for the hand-eye coordination test, being a PC gamer helps loads. Helps to use a mouse and not a trackpad.

that being said, I literally just did it a few hours ago, so although I feel like I did really well, I could be wildly mistaken. Time will tell 🥹🥹

Globally Challenged
13th Sep 2022, 07:13
Hi,
Can someone explain what TBP (Tour base pay ) is?
Also what are the bonus factor for each aircraft, and does the Global for ex. makes as much bonus? The bonus is not increased in that fleet but as it can fly longer do pilots earn similar amout of bonus or is it less?
Thanks !

I’m pretty sure TBP was already summarised further up this thread.

Don’t worry yourself too much about the finer details of the productivity bonus rates between fleets as you pretty much have 0 influence over which fleet you will be on. The basics are that the Global crews get the lowest bonus rate as they have cabin crews, APU and typically long sectors and lowest total hours per year on average whereas the other end of the company fleet typically do Min rest, max duty, short turn 3-5 sectors per day and look after the aircraft by themselves with a GPU if lucky to keep themselves cool (there is no form of proper heating without engines running)

angelo26
13th Sep 2022, 11:49
mate that sucks, sorry :/ you can’t really know for sure what test it was that let you down. As for the hand-eye coordination test, being a PC gamer helps loads. Helps to use a mouse and not a trackpad.

that being said, I literally just did it a few hours ago, so although I feel like I did really well, I could be wildly mistaken. Time will tell 🥹🥹
Thanks for the reply!
Well you are right i don't know exactly what exercise let me down but i am pretty sure it was the tube flight ehehehe i think I hit the wall 9-10 times :( right away I had the feeling that i wasn t going to pass it.
I am not a gamer and I used the trackpad, so definetely it was the tube flight! eehehehe
Good luck! all the best !

733driver
14th Sep 2022, 11:45
Isn't this just great! These days it helps to be a gamer if you want to make it past Kura and into NetJets. Ridiculous. Back in my days it was a phone interview, a sim session and a panel interview. NetJets hired a bunch of great guys and gals that way, just like most of the more recent hires have been great. The only real difference is there wasn't a third party company getting rich doing tests that have very little to do with the job.

Globally Challenged
14th Sep 2022, 13:13
Isn't this just great! These days it helps to be a gamer if you want to make it past Kura and into NetJets. Ridiculous. Back in my days it was a phone interview, a sim session and a panel interview. NetJets hired a bunch of great guys and gals that way, just like most of the more recent hires have been great. The only real difference is there wasn't a third party company getting rich doing tests that have very little to do with the job.

It's tricky given the volume these days. Not sure about this time around but in the 2021 round of recruitment there were over 1000 applications in the first few days so its impractical do speak to everyone

733driver
14th Sep 2022, 17:27
It's tricky given the volume these days. Not sure about this time around but in the 2021 round of recruitment there were over 1000 applications in the first few days so its impractical do speak to everyone

Of course. And they never did. The first filters were CV and motivation letter.

​​​​​​When I joined only 5% of applicants were hired. And we did hire 200+ per year not long after that. So I suspect 1000+ applicants is nothing new.

I'm also not necessarily opposed to outsourcing part of the selection process. It just pains me to read that being a gamer helps and using a mouse as opposed to a track pad. Kura appear to be treating applicants like aspiring pilots not like professionals. An interview and a sim evaluation is all it should take. I know we are not the only ones doing it this way but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. Before anyone says it: I'm aware a psychological assessment of some sort is now required by the EU.

EatMyShorts!
15th Sep 2022, 08:48
Having an advantage as "a gamer" is nothing new: back in the 90s one would be doing better in going through the first stage tests for Lufthansa & Co. ("DLR Test").

733driver
15th Sep 2022, 20:12
Having an advantage as "a gamer" is nothing new: back in the 90s one would be doing better in going through the first stage tests for Lufthansa & Co. ("DLR Test").

Absolutely. Doesn't make it any better, though.

funkydreadlocks
16th Sep 2022, 09:58
Question for those at NJ. What’s the grooming policy?

I hate my clean shaven look. It emphasises my chubbiness, and frankly I have baby-face, so it’s hard to be taken seriously.

I like having a clean “long stubble” beard groom (name of the cut), but I don’t want to risk my chance during the interview because of my grooming.

I’ve just clean shaved and had a haircut in prep for the online interview, and frankly looking at myself in the mirror doesn’t make me feel amazing about myself. I’m well prepped so not too worried, but you know, the little things and all that

EatMyShorts!
16th Sep 2022, 10:19
I think you'll make a better impression when you are clean shaved. What you do after you might get the job, is your thing. There is a policy and it basically says that you have to look well maintained and that any beard must not obstruct the use of the emergency oxygen mask (sealing the face).

redsnail
16th Sep 2022, 11:32
I'm not in recruiting, I'd go for the clean shaven look for the interview. Once on Indoc, adjust as you see fit. Many guys have the tidy stubble look.
I'm rostered for an Indoc in Nov so I might see some of you then. :)

733driver
16th Sep 2022, 13:12
You won't go wrong with a clean shave as stated by my colleagues. However, you also have to feel good about yourself. If you feel better with well groomed facial hair then I wouldn't want to advise against it. If your look is well groomed and not like you just couldn't be arsed to shave for a couple of days then why not. But It's your decision of course. I'm also not in recruitment these days. Good luck.

Globally Challenged
16th Sep 2022, 15:34
I think you'll make a better impression when you are clean shaved. What you do after you might get the job, is your thing. There is a policy and it basically says that you have to look well maintained and that any beard must not obstruct the use of the emergency oxygen mask (sealing the face).
It also says that if you want to have a beard, you need to go through the hobo phase in your own time

TheSkiingPilot
16th Sep 2022, 15:36
Any ideas on questions asked by the KURA interviewer for the online (1 to 1) interview? I understand that it’s competency-based and wanting to get a general idea of you before the next stage, and of course if you’ve passed the aptitude tests?

TheAirMission
16th Sep 2022, 15:42
Last year I went to the interview with a well maintained beard and they employed me, smart is key.

EatMyShorts!
16th Sep 2022, 16:54
Last year I went to the interview with a well maintained beard and they employed me, smart is key.
But certainly not like a Taliban!?

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1024x1280/1715ee72674bc0084bd18281c2f64c28_5a1c19c7add8944411e3d5b935a 0d391201c0808.jpg

funkydreadlocks
16th Sep 2022, 21:58
Thanks! That's pretty useful. It seems like for the most part it's still pretty conservative as far as interviews go. Glad TheAirMission got in despite having a beard. I wish our industry could become a little bit more enlightened with these things, but I get it. Thank you for the answers

EatMyShorts!
17th Sep 2022, 08:16
Lots of people in Netjets have some kind of facial hair, it is not a problem. The question is always how the members of your interview panel will see it. And this we do not know.

Mike Oxbig
17th Sep 2022, 10:10
My advice (also not on the interview panel ) is to be as conservative as you feel comfortable. Don't go for the stubble look at the interview and do be dressed smartly. I realise suits and ties are not in these days, but looking 'professional' will set the right impression and how you are dressed is looked at by the interview panel - after all this is they way the panel will assess how you present yourself to our owners when you fly them (shoes clean, neatly groomed, hair brushed, nails clean, tie straight if you wear one, etc). You will be the face of the company and not behind a locked cockpit door for the flight.

Facial hair is a personal choice, but as stated earlier, beards and 'tasches must be grown during off time - no 'Lemmy's' (look up Motorhead if too young) or Zapatas (mexican bandit) but goatee is OK.

Good luck to all and if you make it through to Indoc, please dress smartly there as well - don't turn up looking like a bag of s**t - unless you luggage is lost by the airline of course!

redsnail
17th Sep 2022, 13:43
To that end, if you regularly check luggage, a Tile or AirTag is a great investment.

TheAirMission
18th Sep 2022, 18:57
Thanks! That's pretty useful. It seems like for the most part it's still pretty conservative as far as interviews go. Glad TheAirMission got in despite having a beard. I wish our industry could become a little bit more enlightened with these things, but I get it. Thank you for the answers

haha, no it was a grade 3 or 5 on a beard trim setting, a couple of millimetres, not centremetres

Parkbremse
19th Sep 2022, 05:43
Don't overcomplicate things guys... You will be (probably, I'm not on the interview panel) assessed on how you present yourself and it has been in my experience not any different to airline selections where I have been. I have a short beard since ages and it didn't even occur to me that this might be a problem, which it wasn't as they hired me last year.

funkydreadlocks
20th Sep 2022, 10:20
Thanks for all the advice. I managed into bamboozle the Kura interviewer into being impressed with me somehow, so I'm moving onto Phase 3 in October. I'm keeping everyone's feedback in mind, from those on whom facial hair hasn't grown on, but also from those who are hairy keen on beards. I moustache now.

I don't really have to go, but you know... puns...

vicram
20th Sep 2022, 12:42
Hello, guys!
First, congrats to everyone who has passed to stage 3! ;-)

I did the online interview last week, and my interviewer told me that they would email me in 72h max whether I was successful or not.
Anyway, 7 days have passed and still no reply from them. Do you know if this is normal?
I have no hopes anymore, but still it would be nice to hear from them other than crickets...

Sharklet
20th Sep 2022, 19:31
Hello, guys!
First, congrats to everyone who has passed to stage 3! ;-)

I did the online interview last week, and my interviewer told me that they would email me in 72h max whether I was successful or not.
Anyway, 7 days have passed and still no reply from them. Do you know if this is normal?
I have no hopes anymore, but still it would be nice to hear from them other than crickets...

Was in a similar boat until a few hours ago. PFO received. Good luck Stage 3 people!

papa_petje
20th Sep 2022, 19:47
Dear fellow aviators,
I have got a question for you. What are the recruiters from KURA looking for in a candidate?? Because I certainly do not know anymore what recruiters are looking for!!! I have prepared myself by asking a NetJets pilot what is NetJets looking for in a pilot. I asked him a bunch of relevant questions to get inside info! How they operate, their business model, schedule .... every conceivable question possible. I read the NetJets website very carefully, made a lot of notes as to know it by heart! During the interview with the KURA guy I managed to answer all his questions. I even practiced the so called competency based questions by using my experience flying in South Sudan (being flexible, pro-active, decisive, autonomous) but yet today I receive a negative result! So it makes me wonder where did it go wrong? I mean I knew from the NetJets pilot that they want their pilots to be! So basically this demonstrates that in the end it does not matter wether you prepare or not! Can someone enlighten me?

funkydreadlocks
20th Sep 2022, 20:42
Dear fellow aviators,
I have got a question for you. What are the recruiters from KURA looking for in a candidate?? Because I certainly do not know anymore what recruiters are looking for!!! I have prepared myself by asking a NetJets pilot what is NetJets looking for in a pilot. I asked him a bunch of relevant questions to get inside info! How they operate, their business model, schedule .... every conceivable question possible. I read the NetJets website very carefully, made a lot of notes as to know it by heart! During the interview with the KURA guy I managed to answer all his questions. I even practiced the so called competency based questions by using my experience flying in South Sudan (being flexible, pro-active, decisive, autonomous) but yet today I receive a negative result! So it makes me wonder where did it go wrong? I mean I knew from the NetJets pilot that they want their pilots to be! So basically this demonstrates that in the end it does not matter wether you prepare or not! Can someone enlighten me?

have you considered doing an interview prep course? There are some excellent ones out there

Sharklet
21st Sep 2022, 03:12
Dear fellow aviators,

I did absolutely the exact same, and am puzzled where it went wrong too. Writing up those two essay questions, for instance, took quite a bit of research. You're not alone. :/

papa_petje
21st Sep 2022, 16:23
have you considered doing an interview prep course? There are some excellent ones out there

yes, I have done 1 or 2 of these courses and have had these kind of questions in previous interviews. I have always passed my interviews without any problem.

jmvdb22
21st Sep 2022, 19:37
Dear fellow aviators,

I ofcourse don't know your situation, but have you thought about that you might be trying too much to be someone they want in stead of being yourself? If during the interview you only try to answer how you think they want you to answer it might sound disingenuous and they might feel like they didn't get to see the real you hence why they decided not to go further with your application? That's the only thing I can think of why you would fail after such a good preparation.

​​​​​​Do they not provide you with feedback as to why you didn't pass?

FlyJohn680
26th Sep 2022, 17:36
yes, I have done 1 or 2 of these courses and have had these kind of questions in previous interviews. I have always passed my interviews without any problem.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I think the goal of competency based questions is to find, if you have the required competence and/or experience. If you don't, then even a course might not be enough to get you through... They might be searching for some very specific candidates, so I wouldn't take it bad.. But that's just my 2 cents.

papa_petje
26th Sep 2022, 21:03
Thanks for all the feedback but sadly it is non of them. I finally found out what the problem is: they have received nearly 1000 applicants and they went for the ones that have jet hours. Unfortunately for me but that how it is when you have small demand but huge supply! You can pick! And in my case I have flown only Turbo prop and my age also play a role. And for Kura every candidate they interview is a bill to Netjets!!

papa_petje
26th Sep 2022, 21:04
Might be an unpopular opinion, but I think the goal of competency based questions is to find, if you have the required competence and/or experience. If you don't, then even a course might not be enough to get you through... They might be searching for some very specific candidates, so I wouldn't take it bad.. But that's just my 2 cents.

Spot on .... the ones with jet hours!

TheAirMission
27th Sep 2022, 10:39
You would've saved yourself a lot of time if you had told us that small piece of information at the beginning..!

funkydreadlocks
27th Sep 2022, 12:29
You would've saved yourself a lot of time if you had told us that small piece of information at the beginning..!

my guess is that with over 1000 applicants they used that as a blanket rule to order to reduce the piles of CV. That’s a tough one. Good luck to everyone job seeking.

I’m through to Farnborough but currently not flying, haven’t been for 2 years. Time to dig into my savings and rent a simulator

Parkbremse
27th Sep 2022, 13:33
Thanks for all the feedback but sadly it is non of them. I finally found out what the problem is: they have received nearly 1000 applicants and they went for the ones that have jet hours. Unfortunately for me but that how it is when you have small demand but huge supply! You can pick! And in my case I have flown only Turbo prop and my age also play a role. And for Kura every candidate they interview is a bill to Netjets!!

Did you get that feedback from a Kura representative?

I find this reason very odd given the fact you failed at stage 2 but not during initial screening of the application in stage 1

Sharklet
27th Sep 2022, 15:48
I have jet hours on narrow and wide body and was axed at Stage 2 as well. They mention they can't provide feedback, but has anyone tried?

TheAirMission
27th Sep 2022, 17:45
my guess is that with over 1000 applicants they used that as a blanket rule to order to reduce the piles of CV. That’s a tough one. Good luck to everyone job seeking.

I’m through to Farnborough but currently not flying, haven’t been for 2 years. Time to dig into my savings and rent a simulator
Don't worry. Alot of the guys in the 2021 application window hadn't had flown for a while either. I'd personally hold off the practice sim. unless you really need to brush up on a take off and a landing from my understanding it isnt necessarily the flying aspect of the sim they're looking from IMO, but rather the handling of an event and how you use your non-tech skills.

funkydreadlocks
28th Sep 2022, 08:37
Don't worry. Alot of the guys in the 2021 application window hadn't had flown for a while either. I'd personally hold off the practice sim. unless you really need to brush up on a take off and a landing from my understanding it isnt necessarily the flying aspect of the sim they're looking from IMO, but rather the handling of an event and how you use your non-tech skills.

that’s a fair point. I just want to get my hand in on like, an ILS/VNAV approach and a go-around. Might be routine flying for most and thus a non-skill, but it will probably take up more of my mental capacity than I would like. Been practicing on my home sim, but I want to get in a cheap non certified sweat box just for the environment

jmvdb22
28th Sep 2022, 13:52
I just got invited to the online interview, the only available dates were for tomorrow, so not a lot of time to prepare. Any last minute tips and tricks will be appreciated!

funkydreadlocks
30th Sep 2022, 09:48
I just got invited to the online interview, the only available dates were for tomorrow, so not a lot of time to prepare. Any last minute tips and tricks will be appreciated!

how did it go?

jmvdb22
30th Sep 2022, 23:41
how did it go?

I felt like it went okay, not perfect, but alright. He said expect an answer early next week, but I already got the PFO the next morning, so I guess it was a clear no. So I'll stay put where I am for now. Good luck to anyone still in the process!

733driver
1st Oct 2022, 07:17
I felt like it went okay, not perfect, but alright. He said expect an answer early next week, but I already got the PFO the next morning, so I guess it was a clear no. So I'll stay put where I am for now. Good luck to anyone still in the process!

Sorry to hear that. Was there a NetJets representative present at the online interview? A pilot? HR? Flight ops management?

Globally Challenged
1st Oct 2022, 15:21
Sorry to hear that. Was there a NetJets representative present at the online interview? A pilot? HR? Flight ops management?

AFAIK only Kura are involved in the online screening.

You will meet our crews at the Sim ride / final interview

FlyJohn680
1st Oct 2022, 16:11
AFAIK only Kura are involved in the online screening.

You will meet our crews at the Sim ride / final interview

Correct, only one KURA representative at the online screening

flyerflyer1
1st Oct 2022, 17:37
Regrettably I missed the the application date this time. Is there any email I can send a ''late'' application email to? If that's not the case then I am assuming the next opening for First officers will be after next summer? Thanks for any responses.

jmvdb22
1st Oct 2022, 17:55

Yeah as Globally Challenged said it's just a person from KURA doing the interview.

Bit frustrating as has been said before that they don't provide any feedback, does say after 6 months I'd be allowed to reapply, but then I'd not be certain where I'd need to improve (although ofcourse I think I know what possibly was it, it's nice to know from them).

733driver
1st Oct 2022, 18:27
Yeah as Globally Challenged said it's just a person from KURA doing the interview.

Bit frustrating as has been said before that they don't provide any feedback, does say after 6 months I'd be allowed to reapply, but then I'd not be certain where I'd need to improve (although ofcourse I think I know what possibly was it, it's nice to know from them).

Thanks. And once again, sorry to hear. It's tough getting rejected, especially by a third party and with no feedback given.

vicram
1st Oct 2022, 19:12

So sorry to hear that. I don't understand that policy of not giving any feedback, especially after the candidate's effort to travel to Farnborough.
What kind of questions did they ask you?

TheSkiingPilot
1st Oct 2022, 20:16
So sorry to hear that. I don't understand that policy of not giving any feedback, especially after the candidate's effort to travel to Farnborough.
What kind of questions did they ask you?

I think they already mentioned it was an online interview, Farnborough comes after this stage of the assessment process.

vicram
2nd Oct 2022, 00:47
I think they already mentioned it was an online interview, Farnborough comes after this stage of the assessment process.
My bad. I thought he was talking about Stage 3.

Globally Challenged
2nd Oct 2022, 04:50
Regrettably I missed the the application date this time. Is there any email I can send a ''late'' application email to? If that's not the case then I am assuming the next opening for First officers will be after next summer? Thanks for any responses.

No. You could follow the company on LinkedIn to get notified next time (typical pattern is once a year for recruitment but that could change)

flyerflyer1
3rd Oct 2022, 11:31
No. You could follow the company on LinkedIn to get notified next time (typical pattern is once a year for recruitment but that could change)
Thank you for the response. Ill do that now. Have a nice day.

TTOTT
7th Oct 2022, 10:26
How long between the online interview and the reply (positive or negative) ?

FlyJohn680
7th Oct 2022, 10:29
How long between the online interview and the reply (positive or negative) ?

About 2-3 days

b4dger
7th Oct 2022, 10:40
24/48hours for me.

TTOTT
7th Oct 2022, 12:05
24/48hours for me.
Positive or PFO ?

b4dger
7th Oct 2022, 12:06
Positive for me.

funkydreadlocks
8th Oct 2022, 08:34
Positive for me.

anyone here done the late sept intake? Willing to share anything about the experience?

Thioda
16th Oct 2022, 08:48

Who told you that/where did you get that info from?
I was hired at NJ last year and I also only had turboprop background.
Not that I’m saying you’re not right but it really surprises me if true because NJ really love having a mix of backgrounds; GA, airline, regional, military (all jet/prop mixed). Years ago they even took loads of former heli pilots.

Globally Challenged
16th Oct 2022, 11:06
Looks like multi-engine jet hours will be the new basis of seniority number allocation on joining the company (and probably for selection in fleet changes)

TTOTT
16th Oct 2022, 13:06
Looks like multi-engine jet hours will be the new basis of seniority number allocation on joining the company (and probably for selection in fleet changes)
What do you mean by that?...
Seniority, by definition, is based on date of joining....

Globally Challenged
16th Oct 2022, 14:40
What do you mean by that?...
Seniority, by definition, is based on date of joining....

Traditionally for everyone on the same indoc course, seniority number was allocated based on the oldest to the youngest. But that is now discrimination so they are going with the ME hours.

This system was also applied in some way for the most recent open bidding but without seeing the new policy in writing I am not 100% certain how that part of it was implemented.

mark_one
16th Oct 2022, 21:52
Hi Folks,

just curious as to the gals/guys who went to FAB for stage 3, day 1 and 2 over the past 2 weeks. Anyone able to share some insight on the process. I am in shortly and like everyone on here just preparing accordingly. PM if it's more comfortable to share info. To all who went in or are going in, goodluck and hopefully a pleasant phonecall/answer will be awaiting from Netjets/Kura.

Cheers

funkydreadlocks
20th Oct 2022, 13:28
Hey,

I passed Phase 3 a short while ago and will hopefully start soon. Got some questions via PM about the assessment. I'm happy to share some info but I don't want to give too much away for obvious reasons. Furthermore, NJ and Kura did create an excellent selection process. It's long and hard, but they really do make you feel at ease and it is a fair assessment. What I'll share is not much more than what they shared with us before assessments, plus some advice on the sort of skills you'll need. I want the job and so I'm trying to say things that won't get me in trouble.

For those wondering why you got PFO'd after the psychometric, I was told that they leaned quite heavily on the some of the results behind it. I hate to admit it, as someone who hates pyschometrics, but it seemed to work. The candidates all seemed to be people who had personality traits that would be of benefit at NJ.

GENERAL
What they're looking for is essentially CRM, CRM, CRM, and then a little bit more CRM with a sprinkling of CRM on top of that... with a crunchy side of CRM. They want to see how you play with others. Communication, decision-making, etc
If you have been invited to Phase 3, then you will have taken a behavioural test. Every one of the assessments you take during Phase 3 will somehow be customised to you in some shape or form. To prod areas of concern etc.
There's some technical knowledge. Very practical, day-to-day operational knowledge that they will test you on, directly or indirectly. Nothing too arduous, and no niche trick questions. They are also very keen on ensuring that you are aware of what the job would entail. A heavy focus on this.
They make it clear from the moment you get there that it's not a competition. There's a job for everyone being interviewed. So please, don't be a €ockwomble during the group exercise, especially to other candidates. I had one person be like that to me in the group exercise and outof the blue I had to show additional skills in how to deal with unpleasant people within my own team. Not cool.

DAY 1

GROUP EXERCISE
You need to work well together, make sure to clarify what the objective actually is. Resources are scarce, so ensure that everyone is on the same page as to what the team needs before making use of them. I'd reccommend TDODARing things. Make sure to remember that as a NJ crew, your priority is giving the best service possible. In these exercises, this is mostly tested via your ability to make decisions and effectively communicating with the Owners.
I wish I could say more but doing so would give the game away.

ONE ON ONE INTERVIEW
This is a mixed interview, usually done by a pilot who works for Kura, although some non-pilot Kuras also ran some. There are some competency based questions, some questions about your career, and a lot questioning about you specific aspects of your personality. This will be tailored to you based off of your behavioural questionnaire. Have your competency based questions ready, be embarrisingly honest, and show them that you've carefully thought about what working for NJ means. They're looking for career pilots. No tech stuff in these interviews.

DAY 2

PANEL INTERVIEW
Here you will be interviewed by at least 3 people. Someone from Kura, a HR person, and a senior recruitment pilot. Run of the mill competency based questions. Lots of focus on your passion for flying, your understanding of customer service, discretion, CRM. They want to see how you deal with difficult situations. They expect you to have thought through the job, and considered not just the upsides, but also the downsides. I thought I had been foolish in being honest about the downsides I had in mind which were really personal, but it seems like they were happy that I was honest about it. The format seems to be along the lines of "tell me about this particular thing," then you get follow up questions based on your answer, followed eventually by a related competency based question. Some of the questions seemed to be related to what came up in the behavioural assessment.
Some day-to-day operational technical questions, some high-level theory questions. Nothing massively complex. Study your tech stuff well and you'll be fine. They're also not looking for perfection. Sometimes you may make a mistake and they will point it out. Be gracious. It's all about who you are as a person. Can you take criticisim? Can you be patient? etc

SIMULATOR
I personally found it a breeze, so it was to my surprise that some of the others didn't. They're not really testing your hand flying skills. They give you pretty much all the tools you would normally have. They tell you straight up what they're assessing. You just need to be a pilot. They're looking for comms, decision-making, ANC, that sort of thing. Ensure you're doing briefs and TEM properly, that you use a decision-making model, and that you're keeping others in the loop. They want to check that even when things aren't going to plan you can still take into consideration how you can provide a good customer-service.
You get a briefing session with some minor tech questions at the end, before going into the sim.
Again, I refuse to give more than that because I don't want to get into trouble. Honestly with this already you can prepare properly. They also have a variety of profiles so no guarantees even if I told you exactly what the sim is. And you really don't need the profile. It's really not what matters here.

----

The folks are super nice and open. You have loads of opportunity to sit around with a cup of coffee and ask them questions. People from Kura, Pilots at NJ, other candidates, etc. It's an exhausting but overall really positive experience. Even folks who didn't get an offer said the same thing.

Good luck to everyone!

G-GOLF
20th Oct 2022, 14:48
Fantastic information - thank you very much for taking the time to write this.

EatMyShorts!
20th Oct 2022, 18:40
Congratulations for passing your selection! CRM is indeed a big thing in this company as we have so many different nationalities flying together, sometimes changing every second day during a tour. With all the differences in personalities we don't just have to get along well, we need to work as a team to be safe and efficient. Our owners will sense immediately when something's off with their crew!

So please, don't be a €ockwomble during the group exercise, especially to other candidates. I had one person be like that to me in the group exercise and outof the blue I had to show additional skills in how to deal with unpleasant people within my own team. Not cool.Did the assessors notice this person's behaviour and react accordingly?

funkydreadlocks
20th Oct 2022, 21:20
Thank you. Absolutely thrilled and cannot wait to get started. I've been out of the flight deck long enough.

Did the assessors notice this person's behaviour and react accordingly?

I don't know if they noticed, but they didn't react. It was a single respones that happened very quickly and aggresively. I doubt even the other candidates noticed. It was very condescending. I suspect the assessors didn't notice because he did pass to the next day. I don't think he got an offer in the end, although I don't know for sure. Ultimately I just handled it by being extra nice to him and ensuring good teamwork as best I could

733driver
21st Oct 2022, 07:30
Thank you. Absolutely thrilled and cannot wait to get started. I've been out of the flight deck long enough

Congratulations! You seem like a great person and based on how you presented yourself here, I too would have hired you.

I hope the company won't disappoint you. Some things are grea at NJE, others not so much and every few years they do something really shocking.

Just don't believe all the hype and you'll likely have a great time on tour with a good bunch of people.

Welcome aboard!
​​​​

buzzc152
21st Oct 2022, 08:27
Welcome to the Team

EatMyShorts!
21st Oct 2022, 08:30
Just don't believe all the hype and you'll likely have a great time on tour with a good bunch of people​​​​
More importantly: don't make any plans while on tour := :}

733driver
21st Oct 2022, 08:59
More importantly: don't make any plans while on tour := :}

Absolutely. How could I forget to mention rule #1? It's part of: Don't believe FleetStat or the "tentative", heck even your official brief is subject to change at any time. All part of the fun. For most people. Most of the time. You will find out very soon.

Also, expect to work. Hard. Any time to socialise or play professional tourist is a bonus and quite rare these days. Expect to be tired a lot. Don't be afraid to report fatigued if needed. But maybe wait until out of probation. Instead get the captain to make the call. Just to be safe.

funkydreadlocks
21st Oct 2022, 13:43
thank you for the kind words and advice.

I always had the suspicion that this job would involve long duty hours and minimum rest, mulitple changes in the shcedule at the last minute etc

Just keen to get flying again.

733driver
21st Oct 2022, 18:16
thank you for the kind words and advice.

I always had the suspicion that this job would involve long duty hours and minimum rest, mulitple changes in the shcedule at the last minute etc

Just keen to get flying again.

Good. The flying is fantastic. Professional yet fun.

Globally Challenged
25th Oct 2022, 16:51
We are about to reopen Pilot recruitment for those who missed the last window.

Details to follow shortly on the Kura website and LinkedIn

GoatriderClassic
26th Oct 2022, 19:37
We are about to reopen Pilot recruitment for those who missed the last window.

Details to follow shortly on the Kura website and LinkedIn

According to information from Kura current screening window is open only for those guys who were rejected in the initial stage of the most recent screening or those who were not rejected more than once before.

Airline101
31st Oct 2022, 18:40
Is there any recommendations to prepare for the CUT E and interview questions??

Boabity
3rd Nov 2022, 10:58
Thanks to all for the invaluable help and encouragement here.
I first applied last year and got rejected after a poor performance on the CUT-E tests. Someone said - don't get disheartened show some commitment.
I did, I applied again a few months ago again when a new job wasn't quite working out the way it probably should have (all the usual private owner problems) and made it through to phase 3,
I was amazed at how varied the candidates were from guys who had been flying freight to young guys on regional turboprops and me, an experienced person in Biz Av. Not everyone makes it through and the focus is very much on making sure you're right for the company and the company fits you. It's a difficult process but preparation is definitely the key - have some good stories for your competence questions and expect to think on your feet. The sim was straight forward as were the tech questions.
Most importantly be yourself and be honest (still positive though!).
Got the good call the next day
I'm really looking forward to starting, what a great first experience to joining a company.

EatMyShorts!
3rd Nov 2022, 11:38
Great to hear, welcome to the gang! And ignore (most) of the whinging that you'll witness from us old farts :)

Boabity
3rd Nov 2022, 11:51
Thanks, glad to be part of the team!
I'll hold on to those experiences I've had in the private world (it's obvs not all bad!) to remind me it can be a lot worse

Globally Challenged
3rd Nov 2022, 18:03
Thanks, glad to be part of the team!
I'll hold on to those experiences I've had in the private world (it's obvs not all bad!) to remind me it can be a lot worse
Welcome onboard :-)

flyerflyer1
4th Nov 2022, 16:33
Wow I feel very unlucky. Had annual leave both times the recruitment opened this year so I wasnt even looking at work related stuff. Well done to all that got offers.

Globally Challenged
4th Nov 2022, 17:01
Wow I feel very unlucky. Had annual leave both times the recruitment opened this year so I wasnt even looking at work related stuff. Well done to all that got offers.
It was due to reopen right around now - take a look at the Kura website.

EatMyShorts!
4th Nov 2022, 18:44
...and subscribe to Kura Aviation on Linkedin to not miss their announcements.

redsnail
5th Nov 2022, 10:14
So is any one in Lisbon this week? If so, I'll see you on Thu and Fri. :)

flyerflyer1
5th Nov 2022, 10:28
Thanks guys, I saw that post about recruitment opening up only again just yesterday but thought I had missed it again (25th Oct-1st Nov). Subscribed and keeping a look out.

cheekychappy
7th Nov 2022, 07:12
I understand at the moment NJs is hiring for Europe FOs on EASA licence, but are the UK based FOs on UK licences or is this an extension of the NJs EUrope? Is NJs UK a separate AOC?

Boabity
7th Nov 2022, 07:27
As it was explained to me, EASA licence is a must but having a UK licence as well helps a lot.

cheekychappy
7th Nov 2022, 07:33
As it was explained to me, EASA licence is a must but having a UK licence as well helps a lot.

I have only seen EASA licence for the applications. So I figured that like most companies with UK bases and UK contracts that there is a requirement for the pilots to have UK CAA licences and the European bases and European contracts to have EASA licences. For myself I no longer have an EASA, only UK so this could be a sticking point.

Has there been recruitment in the passed (post brexit) for UK based FOs?

Boabity
7th Nov 2022, 07:51
Yup. I just went through it. Like I say, if you have EASA you're fine but it's beneficial to have both. I'm just finishing the process of getting my UK licence back as a returner. I'm not sure what the route will be to get an EASA licence off the back of your UK one if there even is one yet (I suspect there will be but it's going to take a while to sort these kind of things out).

Globally Challenged
7th Nov 2022, 08:25
We do have a U.K. AOC but it is small and an EASA licence is the essential part.

Its not just U.K. based crews working on the G reg and the majority of the U.K. based crews only fly the CS reg

redsnail
7th Nov 2022, 11:50
I understand at the moment NJs is hiring for Europe FOs on EASA licence, but are the UK based FOs on UK licences or is this an extension of the NJs EUrope? Is NJs UK a separate AOC?

Yes, there is a a UK AOC but as Globally Challenged as explained, it's comparatively small and it's not just for UK based crews. (callsign Artisan). The UK AOC came about because of Brexit, leaving EASA and cabotage rules.
To join NetJets Europe, you need an EASA licence. If you have a UK licence as well, that's nice but not required. If NetJets wants you to get one, they should pay... (note should). Many of the former UK lic holders who had to SOLI out to either the Netherlands or Ireland, have quietly got their UK one back paying for it ourselves.

The UK based FOs who were hired within the last year had EASA licences.

N.Floch
8th Nov 2022, 16:54
Hi, I have a few questions which maybe someone can shed some light. Have just passed phase 1 and phase 2 and ended up waiting 13 days after my online interview to find out, I was not successful. Was told I had to wait six months before reapplying. Have no issue with that except I do not know where I went wrong; during my interview, my interviewer gave me lots of good pointers and advice for phase 3. The only thing that comes in mind might be my flying hours. I have a total of 2800 of which 850 are between jet and turbo prop time. Would this fact make me fail this far down the process?

Globally Challenged
8th Nov 2022, 18:24
Hello to everyone, any news from the recruitment process? I have applied to the first officer position but I have no News from now. I was wondering If some of you got any email or anything from Kura . Thanks a lot.

Annoying though it is, if you look further up this thread you will see that Kura have form with being very slow to process the applications so unfortunately some patience will be required.

Good luck though

Boabity
9th Nov 2022, 07:18
Hi, I have a few questions which maybe someone can shed some light. Have just passed phase 1 and phase 2 and ended up waiting 13 days after my online interview to find out, I was not successful. Was told I had to wait six months before reapplying. Have no issue with that except I do not know where I went wrong; during my interview, my interviewer gave me lots of good pointers and advice for phase 3. The only thing that comes in mind might be my flying hours. I have a total of 2800 of which 850 are between jet and turbo prop time. Would this fact make me fail this far down the process?
Same thing happened to me and I re-applied later in the year and I start in 3 weeks. I was a lot more prepared the second time around.
Dust yourself off and re-apply.

cheekychappy
9th Nov 2022, 07:27
Yes, there is a a UK AOC but as Globally Challenged as explained, it's comparatively small and it's not just for UK based crews. (callsign Artisan). The UK AOC came about because of Brexit, leaving EASA and cabotage rules.
To join NetJets Europe, you need an EASA licence. If you have a UK licence as well, that's nice but not required. If NetJets wants you to get one, they should pay... (note should). Many of the former UK lic holders who had to SOLI out to either the Netherlands or Ireland, have quietly got their UK one back paying for it ourselves.

The UK based FOs who were hired within the last year had EASA licences.

Well that looks like the journey ends before it begins with regards to Netjets. I am UK CAA licence only, Airbus and Boeing rated, yet useless for the EASA market of which I flew in for years. I was hoping the opportunity for NJ UK based operation would be my in.

N.Floch
9th Nov 2022, 15:59
Thanks Boabity :) Shall continue preparing myself.

Best of luck when you start at Netjets.

Out of curiosity, what is your current experience?

Boabity
10th Nov 2022, 07:25
Thanks Boabity :) Shall continue preparing myself.

Best of luck when you start at Netjets.

Out of curiosity, what is your current experience?

I'm a fairly experienced bizjet pilot. Not that I think that matters all that much. The guys on my assessment had lots of wide experience.
The big focus seems to be on 3 things, Safety, customer focus and your ability to think on your feet. You're competence based stories should have good examples of these. They're obviously looking at your attitude and how you behave with people but just be yourself with that and you'll be fine.
It's all very much about making sure you're the right fit and that the company is right for you. A very sensible and well thought out process.

N.Floch
11th Nov 2022, 19:15
I'm a fairly experienced bizjet pilot. Not that I think that matters all that much. The guys on my assessment had lots of wide experience.
The big focus seems to be on 3 things, Safety, customer focus and your ability to think on your feet. You're competence based stories should have good examples of these. They're obviously looking at your attitude and how you behave with people but just be yourself with that and you'll be fine.
It's all very much about making sure you're the right fit and that the company is right for you. A very sensible and well thought out process.

Thanks Boabity! Shall keep all your advice in mind and better prepare myself for the next time.

Wish you the best of luck at Netjets 😊

Klimax
12th Nov 2022, 18:24
Out of curiosity. How long duration is the part of the recruitment that takes place at FlightSafety Farnborough? Days?

TugaFly
13th Nov 2022, 06:12
2 days

Klimax
17th Nov 2022, 18:32
2 days

cheers

EatMyShorts!
18th Nov 2022, 09:00
2 days ago, one of our recent new hires had posted a very detailled report about the assessment stages. It has disappeared again. Was he asked to remove it, or did our moderators step in?

Mike Oxbig
19th Nov 2022, 12:28
Good point EMS,
i was also going to re-read it.

EatMyShorts!
19th Nov 2022, 20:48
Good point EMS, i was also going to re-read it.
I heard that it had revealed too much detailled information and that it may come back after some redacting.

Boabity
19th Nov 2022, 20:57
I'm wondering if anyone from Dec - Feb start dates have been told what their fleet is, I've not heard anything so I figure I will hear next week. There was mention that it had been done and we were expecting a message last week.

Globally Challenged
20th Nov 2022, 04:09
I'm wondering if anyone from Dec - Feb start dates have been told what their fleet is, I've not heard anything so I figure I will hear next week. There was mention that it had been done and we were expecting a message last week.

That would be unusual - you normally find out when you get to your desk on Day 1 of company indoc training.

Parkbremse
20th Nov 2022, 08:57
The guys in my indoc and myself got their fleet assignment roughly two weeks before. It's all relative though, I had several changes to my fleet assignment before my Indoc so keep in mind that even if you get an assignment, it may change again (As many things in NJE daily life ;) ).

Boabity
20th Nov 2022, 12:18
Probably better that I don't know until my start day, especially if it changes. Just struggling to contain my excitement and impatience!

EatMyShorts!
20th Nov 2022, 13:09
When us old farts joined the company, we indeed got to know our fleet assignments only on day 1 of Indoc: there was name tag on the desk, paired with the aircraft type folders. Back in the days I did not know what a "Citation 560XL" was. Something small....

redsnail
20th Nov 2022, 14:40
And just because on Day 1 you have an XLS on your desk, doesn't mean that's what you'll do your type rating on. As with anything with NJE, it'll change.

EatMyShorts!
21st Nov 2022, 11:10
And just because on Day 1 you have an XLS on your desk, doesn't mean that's what you'll do your type rating on. As with anything with NJE, it'll change.
I was lucky, there was no rating-swap necessary. But others on my Indoc did that, due to body-height.

funkydreadlocks
29th Nov 2022, 18:44
Disappointed to get the XLS on my training bond, but hey, an airplane is an airplane. Only disappointed because I like new tech and the XLS is the oldest airplane in the fleet. I’m excited to get a new type rating either way. And hopefully I can eventually bid onto something else. I’ll happily take the phenom. I know not everyone is keen on the lemon

on another note. How does one join the union? I’m given to understand that NJ has its own union.

i’m not exactly a “fight the man” kinda person but i do like representation.

redsnail
29th Nov 2022, 20:23
Until the paper work is signed off, nothing's happened. Folks have moved types before Indoc's finished. Yes, we do. Are you in Indoc? Ask the lads. Otherwise, see your PM.

Boabity
30th Nov 2022, 09:38
Indoc starts next week for me, looking forward to it!

EatMyShorts!
30th Nov 2022, 10:13
Get ready for your liver-training!

Boabity
2nd Dec 2022, 12:01
It didn't take that long for me but understand there's only 2 or 3 people looking at all the applications and also then conducting online and face to face interviews. So time probably varies a bit, you will definitely be told either way though so no news is good news for now.

Globally Challenged
2nd Dec 2022, 16:20
Good afternoon everyone, I recieved the invitation to the second stage part one ( online tests) I did 2 weeks ago and still dont knowif I passed it . Do you know how long it takes to get the information if I am success to pass tothe next part ( online interview ). Thanks in advance.

Kura are extremely slow so try to relax and wait it out.

iFunFlyer
9th Dec 2022, 17:39
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what a typical day at NetJets is like on the smaller size fleets?

I understand there's a lot of changes etc throughout the day but maybe a day from your roster in the past?

Thanks!!

redsnail
9th Dec 2022, 17:58
Typical day? Are you talking Summer or Winter? Peak season? Special airports included?
A normal revenue flight would have you showing at the FBO around 1.5 to 2 hours before planned departure. Usual pilot stuff plus making sure the cabin is prepared and the catering put away. Keep an eye on the flight plan to see if there's any CTOTs etc. Negotiate the TSAT and work out if it's a push back or taxi off stand.
45-30 min before departure. One of us will go to the FBO to collect the pax and luggage. Liase with your colleague about the luggage and any delays if required.
Board and settle the pax. Brief the pax. Show where the food and drinks are. Serve a drink if there's time.
Normal pilot stuff.
During the flight go back and check that the pax are fine and happy with things.
30 ish minutes before landing, tidy up, prepare the cabin and brief the pax on the weather and check if transport is organised.
Normal pilot stuff.
Escort pax to FBO and make sure they and their luggage gets away fine.
Clean cabin, restock where required. Refuel and toilet service if required. Prepare aircraft for the next flight.
Repeat.

iFunFlyer
9th Dec 2022, 19:00
Perfect, that's what I was looking for, thx!

Klimax
10th Dec 2022, 18:15
Typical day? Are you talking Summer or Winter? Peak season? Special airports included?
A normal revenue flight would have you showing at the FBO around 1.5 to 2 hours before planned departure. Usual pilot stuff plus making sure the cabin is prepared and the catering put away. Keep an eye on the flight plan to see if there's any CTOTs etc. Negotiate the TSAT and work out if it's a push back or taxi off stand.
45-30 min before departure. One of us will go to the FBO to collect the pax and luggage. Liase with your colleague about the luggage and any delays if required.
Board and settle the pax. Brief the pax. Show where the food and drinks are. Serve a drink if there's time.
Normal pilot stuff.
During the flight go back and check that the pax are fine and happy with things.
30 ish minutes before landing, tidy up, prepare the cabin and brief the pax on the weather and check if transport is organised.
Normal pilot stuff.
Escort pax to FBO and make sure they and their luggage gets away fine.
Clean cabin, restock where required. Refuel and toilet service if required. Prepare aircraft for the next flight.
Repeat.

Clean?? WTF. Does this mean NJ pilots gets paid the Cabin Crew salary in addition to the pilot salary or that´s included in the pilot pay?

Globally Challenged
10th Dec 2022, 19:24
Clean?? WTF. Does this mean NJ pilots gets paid the Cabin Crew salary in addition to the pilot salary or that´s included in the pilot pay?

Only 1 of the main euro fleets is big enough to require cabin crew.

The others have Inflight Service Reps some of the time and the small fleets only have 2 pilots.

Sorry if €300k isn’t enough for you to run a wipe over the tables after a flight.

EatMyShorts!
10th Dec 2022, 21:01
The Falcons and the Globals have FAs, the Challenger may have ISRs "only". But essentially they do the same job, except for the safety briefing that has to be done by the flight crew.

Cleaning the cabin is - in 90% of cases - quickly done. There are only a few flights where the cabin may look like after someone has detonated a bloody food-bomb. And GloballyChallenged writes: I don't mind doing this for a salary like this. It's part of the job. If someone does not feel comfortable with this kind of work, stay away from business aviation!

funkydreadlocks
11th Dec 2022, 04:56
Since when have pilots become too good to do some wiping of surfaces etc? Especially for this excellent salary. The whole point of working in GA instead of the airlines is to have that sense of “ownership” for the airplane while on tour. Can’t wait :8

I used to help the CC pick up rubbish on the turnaround if I had time when I flew a certain pink jet. It boosted morale, shortened the turnaround, and on rare occasions resulted in a wee token of gratitude like a bar of chocolate during the next leg.

Now,
where’s that bin bag?

TugaFly
11th Dec 2022, 06:07
Netjets US just announced the start of home base airport program, instead of gateway, any idea if Netjets Europe will follow suit?

redsnail
11th Dec 2022, 07:23
Netjets US just announced the start of home base airport program, instead of gateway, any idea if Netjets Europe will follow suit?

No idea. No mention of it (so far) from the union and nothing on the union forum either.

As for Clean?? WTF..
The way I see it and many of us in the company do is the faster the aircraft is cleaned and restocked, the quicker we get to the hotel. We're a team.

Klimax
11th Dec 2022, 07:59
The Falcons and the Globals have FAs, the Challenger may have ISRs "only". But essentially they do the same job, except for the safety briefing that has to be done by the flight crew.

Cleaning the cabin is - in 90% of cases - quickly done. There are only a few flights where the cabin may look like after someone has detonated a bloody food-bomb. And GloballyChallenged writes: I don't mind doing this for a salary like this. It's part of the job. If someone does not feel comfortable with this kind of work, stay away from business aviation!

I guess when you´re on an aircraft of a smaller size with no FAs, you gotta do the cleaning then - suppose I only briefly touched that segment, but yeah I do seem to recall we did the same or someone did! It is what it is, I guess.

EatMyShorts!
11th Dec 2022, 08:43
Even on planes with FAs/ISRs, the flight crew will usually help with wiping, hoovering, restocking, as soon as they have finished their post-flight duties... We are a team here, there is no door between the cockpit and the cabin/galley.

Klimax
12th Dec 2022, 12:03
Even on planes with FAs/ISRs, the flight crew will usually help with wiping, hoovering, restocking, as soon as they have finished their post-flight duties... We are a team here, there is no door between the cockpit and the cabin/galley.

And that´s all good and glorious. However, I´ve more than once come across cockpit crews that tend to be all so helpful with stuff behind the curtain, only to find themselves behind when the sh@t show begins. I´m not impressed when the airplane is all shiny and ready and then you see a rushed briefing or a forgotten pre-flight checklist, because the attention was diverted somewhere else. In biz aviation there´s a "get the job done" mentality - and it´s not always completely appreciated what the no 1 objective is. Anyways, I believe NJ is a well oiled machine and that you fellows are professional enough to have it straightened out the right way. In private operations (whether managed or not) it´s not always straight cut where the main focus should be. Finally, it seems that some pilots even enjoy cleaning and polishing the owners airplane - I don´t personally fall into that group - I don´t mind flying it though (and assuring that priority no 1 is secured!).

xikenorbif
12th Dec 2022, 20:28
Does anyone know how many new aircraft will be coming to NetJets Europe in 2023 and if they will be hiring EU crew again soon?

Klimax
14th Dec 2022, 17:27
Only 1 of the main euro fleets is big enough to require cabin crew.

The others have Inflight Service Reps some of the time and the small fleets only have 2 pilots.

Sorry if €300k isn’t enough for you to run a wipe over the tables after a flight.

Globally Challenged
So, a NJE Captain is earning 300K Euro? Is that what you´re saying above?
NJE have an usual steep pay increase from F/O pay to Captain pay, if the Skipper receives 300K Euro and a 3.5 year F/O 138K Euro. Well above double pay!
It´s not important, I´m just a bit confused, since in July this year stated your own F/O pay as per below quote:

"Globally Challenged (https://www.pprune.org/members/356695-globally-challenged)"
"...My tax return for 2021-22 was £138k gross for around 350 block hours and 207 duty days in the RHS of the Phenom having been in the company for 3.5 years..."

Globally Challenged
14th Dec 2022, 17:54
Globally Challenged
So, a NJE Captain is earning 300K Euro? Is that what you´re saying above?
NJE have an usual steep pay increase from F/O pay to Captain pay, if the Skipper receives 300K Euro and a 3.5 year F/O 138K Euro. Well above double pay!
It´s not important, I´m just a bit confused, since in July this year stated your own F/O pay as per below quote:

"Globally Challenged (https://www.pprune.org/members/356695-globally-challenged)"
"...My tax return for 2021-22 was £138k gross for around 350 block hours and 207 duty days in the RHS of the Phenom having been in the company for 3.5 years..."

Yes that is what I'm saying. We have a few guys on our fleet in the LHS who also do huge amounts of extended days (paid at a higher rate than FO) and there is a tiered productivity bonus where the first 100 hours isn't rewarded but scales up from there. My colleague on my last tour was on target to earn around 330-350k euro having flown over 600 hours but he is probably in the top 5 earners in the company and barely sees the inside of his own house. I am happy to work much less but for a still reasonable salary for the amount of time I'm away.

The LHS basic salary is 127k euros so you can see how much of our total package is based on the amount you choose to turn up and be productive.

iFunFlyer
15th Dec 2022, 07:50
The 300k is for LHS, right?

any ideas about RHS small jet for around 600hrs?

Globally Challenged
15th Dec 2022, 13:38
The 300k is for LHS, right?

any ideas about RHS small jet for around 600hrs?

Not much less - the productivity pay is the same for both seats but does vary between fleets with the smallest fleet having the largest factor to the productivity.

Productivity for 600hrs RHS on a Phenom is €77625 (paid in Feb payroll)

Salaries were detailed further up this thread.

733driver
15th Dec 2022, 17:16
Not much less - the productivity pay is the same for both seats but does vary between fleets with the smallest fleet having the largest factor to the productivity.

Productivity for 600hrs RHS on a Phenom is €77625 (paid in Feb payroll)

Salaries were detailed further up this thread.

Yep, so you could find yourself as a 15-year Captain on a Global doing no extra work and making no more than a Phenom Copilot in their first year. Interesting, huh?

You can make a lot of money at NJE IF you fly extra days, sell back your vacation, don't take any vacation in the summer, don't want your roster at the normal time, forego your 6/5 roster etc. Not necessarily all of the above. But the more the "better". But of course, there are no guarantees that the extra work will be available. It's mostly up to the company how much you end up flying and as a result how much money you end up making. Just keep in mind: If you just want to work the number of days you are contracted for, like your 6/5 or 7/6 roster, published as per the normal CBA publication dates, take a couple of weeks of vacation in the summer then you will not be flying 600 hours and not be making the kind of money mentioned above. Not even close. Once you are a third-year captain, your salary will never go up again, except Inflation correction, for the rest of your career. That's how the CBA is currently written. In fact, pay will go down every time you move to a nicer aircraft as productivity pay is highest on the least desirable fleet and lowest on the large cabin jets. Does that sound like a great place to be for a long and rewarding career?

Less Hair
15th Dec 2022, 17:25
People seem to stay long I was told.

733driver
15th Dec 2022, 20:20

Some recently hired haven't stayed long, I'm told. Probably easier for them to leave than it is for many who have been at NJE a long time.

EatMyShorts!
15th Dec 2022, 20:27
Some recently hired haven't stayed long, I'm told. Probably easier for them to leave than it is for many who have been at NJE a long time.
They have been captains with Emirates and suddenly got called back, I do understand. It is too tempting, the large jet, the money and the other goodies. But most have stayed with us, despite being recalled by the sandbox-companies: they want to have a life without jetlag and without getting raped by their rosters.

Does that sound like a great place to be for a long and rewarding career?
Yes. On a large jet you have cabin crew who usually make your life easier. You have a nice, large flightdeck, maybe a crew rest area. You will be warm in winter and stay cool in summer. If you are on a Phenom or on an XLS, you have to work harder. It is justified that they make money, since many of those colleagues will never ever get to taste the comfort of a large cabin jet. I have been on a large cabin jet since early in my career at NJE and I am still grateful for being lucky in this way. Making more than 200k a year is not bad. I don't mind if others make more. What's your problem? If you want more more money, bid for a small cabin jet.

Yes, most people who join the company will stay until the end. Our package has improved dramatically since late 2020, so even those miserable people who are there for the money only, get their stash of cash.

733driver
16th Dec 2022, 07:56
NJE went from paying the small fleets the least, then paying the same for every fleet to paying the most to those on the smallest jets. Personally I liked it best when we all made the same. Seniority would then determine which fleet one would be able to successfully bid for. I'm just not a big fan of the choices we have been having to make in recent years:Increasing pay or a nice aircraft? Increasing pay or quality of life? It's now either or. The biggest "losers" are, relatively speaking, the most senior guys who want a nice aircraft and good quality of life. Their earning potential is A LOT less than that of those who will do almost anything for money. That's just how I see it. It clearly works for others. I just think some perspective is needed when numbers like 200-300k plus are thrown around. Even a senior large cabin captain cannot count on making 200k. Granted, even 150k is a lot of money and more than most people will ever get. It's the principle I have a bit of a problem with. I'm happy enough with the money I make. To me quality of life is more important than money but I do pay a very big price for that. These days I could probably double my salary but choose not to. I just think variable pay has become too big a part of the money we can make. If I was young and had choices, NJE would probably no longer be my first choice

EatMyShorts!
16th Dec 2022, 09:56
NJE went from paying the small fleets the least, then paying the same for every fleet to paying the most to those on the smallest jets. Personally I liked it best when we all made the same. Seniority would then determine which fleet one would be able to successfully bid for.
I am all in for seniority. But you also know that the company will never have a large enough number of big aircraft to give every (interested/willing) pilot from the smaller fleets a chance to fly them. To retain people and to keep them happy on the smaller birds, incentives have to be used. I am also rather on a large aircraft for the comfort and easier work life and I accept the fact that I am earning a bit less than others. Actually, I am happy with it, it's great for them!

Even a senior large cabin captain cannot count on making 200k. Granted, even 150k is a lot of money and more than most people will ever get. It's the principle I have a bit of a problem with. I'm happy enough with the money I make. To me quality of life is more important than money but I do pay a very big price for that.As I wrote before, I fly a large cabin aircraft and I made a lot of money this year, I did 550 hours already. Had I done only an average of 450 hours, my productivity bonus would have been 34k (more than double the old seniority bonus), thus the total would have been in the range 175k. That's not too bad. However, I did TBP-light (FW204, no vacation, 1 month roster publication) and with the hours I am well above 200k. But of course lots of boring ping-pong stuff between Paris, London, Nice and Rome. You cannot have it all.

The guys on the smaller fleets can increase their productivity bonus by 50% percent. And to make a salary&bonus of 300k you need to live on the plane. Neither you, nor I want this. High salaries come at a price.

iFunFlyer
16th Dec 2022, 12:21
I am all in for seniority. But you also know that the company will never have a large enough number of big aircraft to give every (interested/willing) pilot from the smaller fleets a chance to fly them. To retain people and to keep them happy on the smaller birds, incentives have to be used. I am also rather on a large aircraft for the comfort and easier work life and I accept the fact that I am earning a bit less than others. Actually, I am happy with it, it's great for them!

As I wrote before, I fly a large cabin aircraft and I made a lot of money this year, I did 550 hours already. Had I done only an average of 450 hours, my productivity bonus would have been 34k (more than double the old seniority bonus), thus the total would have been in the range 175k. That's not too bad. However, I did TBP-light (FW204, no vacation, 1 month roster publication) and with the hours I am well above 200k. But of course lots of boring ping-pong stuff between Paris, London, Nice and Rome. You cannot have it all.

The guys on the smaller fleets can increase their productivity bonus by 50% percent. And to make a salary&bonus of 300k you need to live on the plane. Neither you, nor I want this. High salaries come at a price.

Does no vacation mean no annual leave at all this year or no days that you asked for? So company assigning your annual leave days?

redsnail
16th Dec 2022, 14:17
It usually means no vacation during the Summer peak months.

EatMyShorts!
16th Dec 2022, 14:54
Does no vacation mean no annual leave at all this year or no days that you asked for? So company assigning your annual leave days?
As redsnail wrote, it means only a limited number of vacation days taken in the months from June until September (including). To be eligible for the extra summer bonus, you do not need to alter your roster. This year I elected to work 4 days more and had a stable 6-4-pattern throughout the summer. Next year, I have NOT taken any additional working days (and will still be eligible for the summer bonus by taking no vacation), so I do expect a regular rostering pattern of 6-5.

Klimax
16th Dec 2022, 19:58

As I wrote before, I fly a large cabin aircraft and I made a lot of money this year, I did 550 hours already. Had I done only an average of 450 hours, my productivity bonus would have been 34k (more than double the old seniority bonus), thus the total would have been in the range 175k. That's not too bad. However, I did TBP-light (FW204, no vacation, 1 month roster publication) and with the hours I am well above 200k. But of course lots of boring ping-pong stuff between Paris, London, Nice and Rome. You cannot have it all.

At the end of the day it all comes down to time at home with what means the most (to most) in life and the least away (at work) and having some fun at the same time - and a great mix thereof. Guys a NJ(E) do work (earn) a lot of flying hours to get to these numbers, compared to most us in "large" cabing Private Jet ops (management company or not). We meet those pay numbers flying 75H a year and that´s of course not including the Extras - but not with a great roster like the one at NJE. I´m on a 4 wk on / 4 wk off rotation - and that´s not fantastic (but of course subject to personal circumstances). I think NJE is a great place to go if your a young bloke that want to fly for a living and enjoy the full environment of aviation.

Steve037
25th Dec 2022, 08:46
Hello!

received week+ ago an email that there will be information about if one is being forwarded to the third stage of selection, did anyone receive the decision yet?

thanks!

Enigma01
26th Dec 2022, 13:35
Hello i have a question about the taxes.

So i guess you all get paid AFTER deduction of social contribution and taxes. Where (what country)does Netjet pay those taxes and social contribution?

greets

Boabity
27th Dec 2022, 14:05
Hello i have a question about the taxes.

So i guess you all get paid AFTER deduction of social contribution and taxes. Where (what country)does Netjet pay those taxes and social contribution?

greets

That almost entirely depends on what country you live in. You will pay social taxes in the country in which you are based. Depending on the tax agreement between that country and Portugal will dictate where your income tax is paid and how much. If your base is the UK, all your tax is paid there.

macho4050
29th Dec 2022, 17:38
NOT YET......Happy 2023

roll_over
30th Dec 2022, 16:07
Is anyone able to share when the next round of recruitment might take place?

Many thanks

redsnail
30th Dec 2022, 23:53
Good question. It is demand driven. Are you on Linked In?
If so, look up Kura and follow them. Then you’ll get notification of when the next round will be.
The application windows are not open for very long, maybe 2 weeks only.

roll_over
31st Dec 2022, 16:55
Good question. It is demand driven. Are you on Linked In?
If so, look up Kura and follow them. Then you’ll get notification of when the next round will be.
The application windows are not open for very long, maybe 2 weeks only.

Thanks a lot, I’ve signed up and will keep my eyes open.

redsnail
15th Apr 2023, 08:37
Kura/NetJets Europe have opened up again for FO applications. Applications close April 24th 2023.
https://kuraairlineresourcing.co.uk/netjets/

Theholdingpoint
15th Apr 2023, 09:56
Anyone able to provide an updated "gateway" list?

Globally Challenged
15th Apr 2023, 11:53
Anyone able to provide an updated "gateway" list?

Current approved permanent gateways are:
EDDF, EDDH, EDDK, EDDL, EDDM, EDDS, EDDB, EGBB, EGCC, EGGW, EGKK, EGLL, EGPD, EGPF, EHPH, EGSS, EHAM, EIDW, EKCH, EPWA, LEBL, LEMD, LEMG, LFSB, LOWW, LPPT, LSGG and LSZH

The approved temporary gateway (max 120 days a year) list is longer (it includes all of the above and the following) but that doesn’t help you much as you need one of the permanent ones for your contract I believe:
EBBR, EFHK, ENGM, ESSA, LFBD, LFBO, LFLL, LFML, LFMN, LFPG, LFSB, LHBP, LIMC, LIPE, LIPZ, LIRF

Theholdingpoint
15th Apr 2023, 12:29
Thanks! :ok:

piravlos01
20th Apr 2023, 19:42
Current approved permanent gateways are:
EDDF, EDDH, EDDK, EDDL, EDDM, EDDS, EDDB, EGBB, EGCC, EGGW, EGKK, EGLL, EGPD, EGPF, EHPH, EGSS, EHAM, EIDW, EKCH, EPWA, LEBL, LEMD, LEMG, LFSB, LOWW, LPPT, LSGG and LSZH

The approved temporary gateway (max 120 days a year) list is longer (it includes all of the above and the following) but that doesn’t help you much as you need one of the permanent ones for your contract I believe:
EBBR, EFHK, ENGM, ESSA, LFBD, LFBO, LFLL, LFML, LFMN, LFPG, LFSB, LHBP, LIMC, LIPE, LIPZ, LIRF

Which means that pilots who don't reside in the primary gateways, cannot work for NJ. You have to read the pdf file carefully before you apply.

EatMyShorts!
21st Apr 2023, 15:01
You can have an address at a primary gateway and still use temporary gateways for most or all of the year.

gunka
22nd Apr 2023, 11:11
Does anyone know the starting salary for an F/O and time to command these days?

EatMyShorts!
22nd Apr 2023, 17:23
The table here https://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Netjets_Europe is correct. For the first 2 years it is 58,500 EUR gross, then it will jump to 66,300 EUR. Don't forget to add the productivity bonus, you can easily add 100% to the base salary.