PDA

View Full Version : A320 NEO Eng oil indications

applecrumble
9th Aug 2022, 13:08
Anyone know why Airbus have changed the NEO so that before engine start or after shutdown the oil indications are replaced by amber crosses. They have added a FADEC ground power button on the overhead maintenance panel but its a bit of a pain to have to keep doing that just to put the oils in the techlog.
any ideas?

Sergei.a320
9th Aug 2022, 14:41
Anyone know why Airbus have changed the NEO so that before engine start or after shutdown the oil indications are replaced by amber crosses. They have added a FADEC ground power button on the overhead maintenance panel but its a bit of a pain to have to keep doing that just to put the oils in the techlog.
any ideas?
As far as I know(on our fleet CEO+NEO) these PBs have always been there...approx. the same logic on FADEC of a330 ,but amber Xes are displayed for a little bit longer period, one of our engeneers told me that its due to FADEC needs to be cooled down...

hans brinker
9th Aug 2022, 19:00
any ideas?

Not an expert, just an opinion. I don't think it was Airbus that made a change. On the CEO the engine manufacturer keeps the fadec powered, on the NEO the manufacturer shuts the fadec down after a while (although on ours it's definitely variable...). Just like no EPR but N1. Not Airbus but engine manufacturer.

Meikleour
10th Aug 2022, 08:18
applecrumble: just select the start switch to CRANK - that will power the FADECs for you without getting out of your seat.

Max Angle
10th Aug 2022, 08:39
I believe that, unlike the V2500 powered version, the previous CFM engine CEO worked the same way with the oil quantity not always visible.

When we got our CFM-LEAP powered NEOs I started out turning the switch to crank but word from on-high is that we are not to do it that way.

hans brinker
11th Aug 2022, 03:42
I believe that, unlike the V2500 powered version, the previous CFM engine CEO worked the same way with the oil quantity not always visible.

When we got our CFM-LEAP powered NEOs I started out turning the switch to crank but word from on-high is that we are not to do it that way.

I think it's okay on ground air, but if using APU bleed, turning the switch to crank leads to an extra on/off cycle on the packs.